Treyarch’s David Vonderhaar has posted a blog post on PlayStation Blog revealing some of the changes they have made to Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 multiplayer mode following the feedback from the beta.
- Some players were dissatisfied that the Black Hat equipment was too powerful. We agree. Our new hacking mechanic scales the hacking speed based on how close you are to the target, and will require precise aim to hack Scorestreaks in a reasonable time. Time-to-hack has been adjusted upwards across the board to make it more challenging to hack, especially at the higher end of rewards. Hackers now also appear as a red dot on the minimap for the duration of the hack, which, along with VO notifications that a Scorestreak is being hacked, provides players the ability to counter by hunting down the attacker.
- Rejack sparked its fair share of controversy during the Beta for a number of reasons, most of which were valid. Included in that list: putting players into Rejack did not count as a kill, and players were using Rejack to stack Scorestreaks. Now, putting a player into Rejack counts as a kill. Players receive kill credit immediately in-game, on the scoreboard and leaderboard, and in persistent stats. Rejack now also resets all Scorestreak progress so that it cannot be used continuously throughout a match to pad progress towards high-level Scorestreaks.
- We’ve talked a lot about the flinch mechanics during the beta — that’s when getting hit causes your weapon to move out of position. Our improved networking code would sometimes cause bullet flinch to stack, so we put a cap on how much you can flinch while ADS. While you will still flinch when shot, it will be within tighter constraints to keep you closer to your aim.
- We improved the feedback that you have downed your target by including the red “kill marker.” This marker will subtly grow in size with each subsequent hit, turning red upon dealing lethal damage as added reinforcement to confirm the kill.
- During the beta, any downward or backward player movement could make the grenade toss distances feel awkwardly short. This has been adjusted so that player velocity never negatively impacts grenade trajectory. We also tweaked grenade speed and distances.
- Players felt Concussion and Flashbang grenade types were very powerful. While both grenade types need to be in order to stay viable as equipment choices, we reduced the Concussion grenade stun time by 1 second and are now unlocking the Tactical Mask perk (the counter for both Concussion and Flash Bangs) earlier in the progression system at level 13.
- By popular request, we’ve added a “Time in Hill” stat for the scoreboard and leaderboards in the Hardpoint game mode.
- Players did not feel sufficiently rewarded for escorting the robot in Safeguard. Players now receive +25 score for every 3 seconds that they escort the robot toward the enemy base.
- Players wanted additional details about how they were eliminated. The Kill Cam and Final Kill Cam now show what killed you (including weapons, Scorestreaks, Specialist weapons, equipment, etc.) and what perks the player has equipped.
- Additionally, various weapon-balancing changes were implemented, including to the Razorback and M8A7.
SOURCE: PS Blog
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How much are COD Points? How to buy, price, how to spend & more
What is the price of COD Points?
Here are the different prices for the various COD Points bundles:
- 200 COD Points for $1.99 or £1.79
- 500 COD Points for $4.99 or £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) COD Points for $9.99 or £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) COD Points for $19.99 or £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) COD Points for $39.99 or £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) COD Points for $74.99 or £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) COD Points for $99.99 or £84.99
How do I buy COD Points?
These are the various ways you can procure COD Points.
This method is only for PC players.
This method is only for PlayStation players.
You will be able to purchase them using money or PSN credit.
Xbox Microsoft Store
This method is only for Xbox players.
You will be able to purchase them using money or Xbox Gift cards.
Where do I spend my COD Points?
What can I buy with COD Points?
You can buy the Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
Image credits: Activision / Treyarch / Raven Software