Treyarch has just published a lengthy blog post providing fans with a great roadmap of what content is coming to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 over the next several months.
Treyarch has provided an in-depth look at what’s coming to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through the next few months of Operation Grand Heist, including a roadmap of content, details on what’s coming to each mode of the game, and more.
Check out the full details from Treyarch’s post below:
Operation Grand Heist arrives February 19th on PS4, kicking off a brand-new season of content, events and updates in Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies through April! Here’s what to expect throughout the Operation across all three modes.
Treyarch has announced that there is something new coming to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 each day this upcoming week to celebrate the launch of the new Operation in game, on PS4:
- Tuesday, Feb. 19:
- New Specialist: Outrider
- New Mode: One in the Chamber
- Massive weapon and gameplay tuning updates
- 2 new MP maps for Black Ops Pass holders
- + more
- New Destination: Ghost Town with two big locations
- New playable structures throughout the map
- Gameplay and Armor tuning updates
- All-new Prestige system
- Cosmic Silverback character for Black Ops Pass holders
- + more
- New Gauntlet: “Death-Con Five”
- New Perk: Ethereal Razor
- Additional Tier Skip for completing Daily Callings
- Support for Signature Weapons
- + more
- Black Market
- All new 100 Tier Contraband stream including.
- 3 new earnable weapons
- New Blackout character
- New Mastercraft Weapon
- New Reactive Camos
- New Epic Outfits
- New cosmetic Jump Pack item type for more Blackout customization
- + more
- A newly-revamped Black Market featuring the return of Blackjack
- Wednesday, Feb. 20:
- A familiar face makes an appearance to welcome in the new Operation.
- A familiar face makes an appearance to welcome in the new Operation.
- Thursday, Feb. 21:
- League Play launches in the World League Hub with our first League Play Event
- Support for new Black Market weapons
- Support for new Black Market weapons
- Friday, Feb. 22:
- New Hot Pursuit game mode featuring the debut of three new vehicles: the SUV, PBR, and Muscle Car
Treyarch has also provided an overview of what’s to come in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 throughout Operation Grand Heist:
Operation Grand Heist welcomes Outrider to the action, featuring new and improved weaponry, she brings the hunt to Black Ops 4. Her new Special Issue Equipment, the Hawk, is a pilotable drone that can be parked at strategic overwatch positions and will automatically tag enemies in its view to help you find and eliminate your prey. Her Sparrow Special Issue Weapon returns with a boost to its precision and power with accurate, explosive-tipped arrows that detonate on impact. Outrider will be instantly unlocked in Multiplayer and Blackout once players complete Tier 1 of the new Operation in the Black Market.
Party Games are returning in Black Ops 4 Multiplayer, starting with One in the Chamber! In this classic game mode, players are given three lives and a pistol with one bullet. Land a perfect shot or melee your opponent to gain another bullet and 100 points. Be mindful of the regularly sweeping UAV, and fight to earn the most points to claim victory.
One in the Chamber is the first of several Multiplayer game modes that will make their debut during Operation Grand Heist. In addition to all the new modes and Featured Playlists, additional alternate lighting and weather versions of some of our most popular Multiplayer maps will join the rotation, available for the entire community later in the Operation.
Operation Grand Heist also expands Black Ops 4’s arsenal right off the bat with new weapons to unlock and equip in Multiplayer, including:
- The Switchblade X9, a new folding SMG with fast reload and ADS times.
- The full-auto Rampage shotgun, providing devastating impact at close ranges.
- The Cha-Ching! money bag melee weapon, perfect for tight situations during a quick getaway.
Stay tuned for additional new weaponry coming later in the Operation.
And for our competitive Multiplayer fans, the World League Hub debuts with our first League Play Event on Thursday, Feb. 21 on PS4, delivering a new breed of competitive action to Black Ops 4. Play like the pros using the newest CWL ruleset while battling for rank all week long during events. Get all the details on League Play here, and jump into the Pro Series playlist in Multiplayer in the meantime to get your loadouts ready for competitive play.
It’s a whole new world out there in Blackout with Operation Grand Heist.
Drop into Ghost Town, a Western-themed destination in the southeast desert featuring two new locations inspired by fan-favorite maps. Above ground, saddle up for “Outlaw”, the Western-themed reimagining of Black Ops II’s classic “Standoff”. Then, journey deep into the interconnected caverns below to find “Buried”, an underground Zombies-inspired location with loot to die for and, of course, a new horde of hungry zombies.
We’ve also added dozens of new supporting structures throughout the Blackout map, including additional buildings and entirely new locations to drop into for more looting options. These upgrades introduce a fresh layer of variety and strategy to Blackout, now with completely transformed areas to use to your advantage.
New game modes are also set to debut during Operation Grand Heist, kicking off this Friday with Hot Pursuit, our newest respawn mode featuring three new vehicles, each with unique advantages: the SUV, Muscle Car, and PBR.Roll out in a Muscle Car to spot nearby Supply Stashes or Supply Drops, or put out an APB in one of the new police vehicles with built-in Sensor Darts and the ability to detect occupied Muscle Cars.
For those die-hard Blackout warriors who’ve already reached Echelon 80, ready up for our brand-new Blackout Prestige System! Rise through the Echelons and Prestige up to 10 times on your way to becoming a Blackout Prestige Master. Players who Prestige in Blackout will unlock unique Prestige icons, Calling Cards, Victory Coins, and more on the journey to the top.
More big updates and changes to Blackout are also coming throughout Operation Grand Heist, including Hardcore Mode, a special (top secret) in-game event, and more. Additional weapons are coming to Blackout later in the Operation as well, including the KAP 45 full-auto pistol, Switchblade X9 SMG, Rampage auto-shotgun, and Outrider’s Sparrow. Happy hunting!
Our new “Death-Con Five” Gauntlet takes center stage at the start of Operation Grand Heist for Zombies players in “Classified”. Take on the undead at the Pentagon, as the Ultimis versions of Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai with 30 rounds of unique new challenges to conquer with your friends. “Classified” will also now be available for purchase for the first time as a standalone experience starting Feb. 19 on PS4.
Our first new Perk in Black Ops 4 Zombies also arrives next week on PS4! Wield the Ethereal Razor for devastating melee damage against the undead, and equip and customize Signature Weapons in the Zombies Armory.
We’re also ramping up the rewards for Daily Callings for all Zombies players with this Operation. Going forward, players will earn an additional Tier Skip for completing Daily Callings in the Zombies Barracks, giving Zombies players up to two Tier Skips per day. This update makes new loot weapons attainable throughout the Operation by playing Zombies, and we’re working on more long-term improvements for even better rewards in the future.
Later in the Operation, our upcoming “Hellcatraz” Gauntlet will take the Aether story’s four heroes through 30 thrilling new rounds of challenges in “Blood of the Dead”, and an additional community-inspired Gauntlet is also in the works during Operation Grand Heist.
Further updates to improve the Zombies experience include ongoing support for improved high-round stability, host migration, server pause, splitscreen pause, and more as we ramp up to the March release of our sixth new Zombies experience later in the Operation.
A New Black Market is Here
The Black Market evolves with the return of Blackjack, the mercenary trader specializing in contraband gear. Blackjack brings a ton of awesome new gear along with three new additions to the Black Market –Cases, My Deals, and Inventory.
Here are some highlights from the new content coming to the newly revamped Black Market throughout Operation Grand Heist:
- 100 Tiers: Preview the entire Contraband stream of Operation Grand Heist from Tiers 1-100 on day one, including all-new weapons, Specialist outfits, a new Blackout character, and more.
- New Specialist: Outrider is available at Tier 1 of Operation Grand Heist, which unlocks her for use in Multiplayer and Blackout.
- New Blackout Characters: Keep an eye out for iconic new Blackout Characters, including Misty from the Black Ops II Zombies crew,and Brutus, the undead warden from “Blood of the Dead”.
- New Contraband Weapons: Expand your loadout by earning the Switchblade X9 SMG, Rampage full-auto shotgun, and the Cha-Ching! money bag melee weapon during Operation Grand Heist. More weaponry will also become available as the Operation continues through April 2019.
- New Signature Weapons: New Signature Weapons will now be available in Blackjack’s Reserves, and will provide a bonus +25% XP boost per kill while using the Signature (“MKII”) version of any gun.
- New Reactive Camos: Deck out some of your favorite weapons, including the Maddox RFB and VAPR-XKG, with weapon-specific Reactive Camos that change based on your actions during a match. You’ll also be able to equip these on guns that have the Gold Mastery Camo unlocked.
- New Outfits: New Epic Outfits for multiple Specialists let you choose a side: cops or robbers? Some Outfits are available from day 1 in the Contraband stream, and others will release throughout the Operation in the Black Market.
- New Blackout Jump Packs: All-new Jump Packs hold a matching wingsuit, parachute, and contrail effect to customize your look and let you hot drop in style.
- Blackjack’s Reserves: New Reserve items include playable zombie Blackout characters, Vacation Hudson sporting a Hawaiian shirt and tie, Mastercrafts for the KN-57 and Outlaw, and much more. Items from Reserves in past Operations will be available in Blackjack’s Reserves, including the Mozu Replicant and SG12 Boombox Mastercrafts. Additionally, Cases containing Blackjack Reserves can be earned by playing Multiplayer or Blackout, or they can be acquired in the Black Market.
Players get more access to more content with Operation Grand Heist, with an even larger selection of Reserves to earn during this Operation. Blackjack’s Shop has also been streamlined, combining Special Orders and Item Shop into one location in addition to personalized offers for every player in the new My Deals section. Blackjack’s Shop will of course continue to refresh with new content, and players will be able to utilize the new Inventory tab to keep track of all their goods.
Black Ops Pass Content
Black Ops Pass holders receive 2 new intense Multiplayer maps that will immediately join the standard map rotation in Core and Hardcore playlists, as well as a new Blackout character from Dead Ops Arcade at the start of Operation Grand Heist.
Battle for justice at a Los Angeles police station in Lockup, where teams take sides during an active assault. Secure the rooftops or maneuver through the lower floors to gain the upper hand and lead your squad to victory.
In Casino, the heist goes international in an upscale Monaco gambling resort. Take on unique end-to-end engagements in the lap of luxury, as thieves craft a plan to beat the house and take off with the goods. And remember… always bet on Black.
But we’re not done yet… in Blackout, the infamous Cosmic Silverback from Dead Ops Arcade is ready for infiltration! Now Black Ops Pass holders can drop in as this arcade legend in the fight to the final Collapse.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Black Ops Cold War Achievements & Trophies leaked
The achievements for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has leaked. CODTracker has found a list of all the...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
PlayStation exclusive Black Ops Cold War Zombies mode revealed
Sony PlayStation has announced the PlayStation exclusive content for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The exclusive PlayStation content...