Treyarch have released a full list of all of the known bugs/issues in Black Ops: Cold War.
Unfortunately, in the modern era of gaming, no game releases in a perfect state. Since the release of Black Ops Cold War players have reported bugs they’ve come across while playing the game.
Some of the most common complaints among the community revolve around the party system breaking up players after games and issues around PlayStation controllers disconnecting from the console randomly while playing.
Treyarch is aware of these bugs, along with many others. Here are all the current known issues in Black Ops: Cold War.
Global Known Issues
- PC Crashes & developer errors
- Calling Cards – Reverting to default or previously selected.
- Prestige leveling (After-action reports) – After reaching Prestige 1, the player’s Season Level number in the upper-right corner of the screen displays the correct level, but the level number displayed in the After-Action Report is currently inaccurate.
- Animations (leveling up) – Some visual issues can occur during the level-up sequence.
- Being able to “quick join” a friend that is offline.
- Party System – Party leaders may receive “You left the party” after bringing their party back out to the main menu.
- Chat Whispers – The recipient’s name is missing from the chat box when whispered from the Scoreboard.
- Locked weapon camos and challenges – Weapon camo and Challenge progress may appear locked when resuming from a suspended state. Restart the game to see your correct progress.
- PS4 Controller Disconnecting – Update your PS4’s system software to 8.01 to fix this issue.
Multiplayer Known Issues
- PC: Multiplayer partially installed – The Multiplayer menu currently shows up as “Partially Installed” when the Multiplayer package isn’t installed.
- Splitscreen – Visual Issues
- Dirty Bomb (Team Names) – Team names in the After-Action Report scoreboard are currently incorrect for Fireteam: Dirty Bomb matches.
- Dirty Bomb (HUD Notifications) – In rare cases, “Detonating Dirty Bomb” may stay on the player’s HUD longer than intended.
- Chopper Gunner on Crossroads Strike – Chopper Gunner path on Crossroad Strike takes the player farther outside of the play space than intended.
- Reticles – May appear upside down on next-gen consoles.
Zombies Known Issues
- Combat Record – Elite Eliminations
- Splitscreen – Unavailable
- Aether Shroud Tier 3 – May place players under the floor
- Combat Record – Packed Kills
- Onslaught – Players may crash when picking up perks
Source: Treyarch Trello
Last Update – 11/20/20
Cold War & Warzone players claim Windows 11 & Overwolf cause permanent PC bans
Call of Duty players are reportedly getting permanently banned from Warzone and Cold War for using Windows 11 and Overwolf together.
Call of Duty PC players have reported that using a combination of Windows 11 and Overwolf software is getting them permanently banned from Warzone and Cold War, with no sign of the ban being lifted.
Call of Duty devs have been waging an ongoing war with hackers and cheaters, with one dev saying that they are “ruining some of the best work” of his life. Over 800,000 accounts have now been banned, but perhaps not all bans are fair.
Cold War and Warzone PC players are claiming that upgrading to Windows 11 and using it alongside Overwolf is causing them to be permanently banned.
Overwolf is a platform used to create and install in-game apps, such as ‘Outplayed’ which allows players to record their footage. However, this Overwolf app is reportedly causing permabans when used alongside Windows 11.
Reddit user WraithGG claimed they were permanently banned from Warzone “a few weeks ago” after attempting to open Cold War on an Insider Build of Windows 11, with Outplayed from Overwolf open. They said that this is a “well known and apparently rather common issue,” and both Activision and Overwolf are “refusing” to lift the ban or help.
“I have finally received a response from Activision telling me that despite being innocent, they cannot unban my account,” said WraithGG. “They have acknowledged the error in the ban, but are refusing to lift the ban as all bans are final.”
They claim to have also gone to Overwolf regarding the ban, but “Overwolf are also refusing to help, stating that they are not responsible.”
It appears that WraithGG isn’t alone, with Reddit user rks0707 saying that “I switched to 11 and bam! Got permabanned.” They also said that “Activision offer no solution for it.”
If this problem becomes more widespread, Activision may change their stance and unban players flagged for using Windows 11. This could be a similar story to Cold War Zombies players who were unfairly banned by the Sail 630 Nuclear Bug, and later had their accounts restored.
Image Credit: Activision
Black Ops Cold War players are not happy with new LAPA SMG
The LAPA is a new SMG for Black Ops Cold War in Season 6, but fans have complained that it may not be as useful in-game as they hoped.
Black Ops Cold War Season 6 is the last hurrah for the latest CoD entry before Vanguard takes center stage. Unfortunately, the new LAPA SMG has players talking for the wrong reasons since its addition in the last major update.
Unfortunately, not all of the new additions have gone down well among the community, with the new LAPA SMG in particular user under fire from fans.
“…the only thing this thing has is relatively good handling, which is hardly even significant considering all SMGs carry that trait anyways,” said the user.
“It’s the slowest killing SMG, and depends on headshots to simply equal the body shot TTK of other SMGs, and has a very slow muzzle velocity to the point where it becomes almost unusable.”
PartyImpOP also slammed the rest of the Season 6 content, such as “the worst weapon in the Call of Duty history” in the Battle Axe.
Other players were quick to respond to the post, calling the new additions in Season 6 “filler” content at the end of the game’s life in the spotlight.
“Honestly, they were probably just afraid to release more broken weapons right before they abandon ship on this game,” added another Reddit user.
While The Haunting event has been a hit for the most part for Call of Duty fans, it’s clear that some of the new content is living up to expectations.
With so little time before Vanguard drops, it remains to be seen if Raven will take steps to make the LAPA more useful.
Image credits: Activision
How to get Donnie Darko Frank skin in Warzone & Cold War: Release date, price & contents
Warzone and Black Ops Cold War players will be able to get the Frank The Rabbit skin from Donnie Darko during The Haunting event.
The Haunting event will be delivering plenty of scary moments for Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War players, and they will be able to experience them as the Frank The Rabbit skin from Donnie Darko.
It is the Halloween season, and Call of Duty is celebrating the spooky time with the second iteration of The Haunting event, which became a fan-favorite in 2020, especially in Warzone.
The Haunting event for the Black Ops Cold War cycle will feature some significant differences compared to the Modern Warfare version, but it will still feature two horror movie icons that players will be able to purchase skins for and terrify their enemies.
How to get Frank The Rabbit Donnie Darko skin in Warzone and Cold War
Players can now unlock the Frank The Rabbit Donnie Darko skin in Warzone and Cold War, as October 24 is when the Donnie Darko Tracer Pack was added to the Call of Duty store for both games.
All you need to do is go to the Call of Duty store in either Warzone or Black Ops Cold war and purchase the Donnie Darko Tracer Pack to acquire the Frank The Rabbit Donnie Darko skin in Warzone and Cold War.
How much does the Donnie Darko Tracer Pack cost?
The Donnie Darko Tracer Pack will set you back 2,400 COD Points, understandable given the top-tier nature of the costume and license, and this translates to roughly $19.99 / £16.79.
What’s in the Donnie Darko Tracer Pack?
You can find everything that will be in the Donnie Darko Tracer Pack below:
- Frank The Rabbit Operator skin
- “Sky is Falling” finishing move
- Epic-Rarity Weapon Charm
- Epic-Rarity Calling Card
- Epic-Rarity Emblem
- Epic-Rarity Watch
- Legendary Sniper Rifle blueprint
- Legendary SMG blueprint
- Legendary Assault Rifle blueprint
There is no doubt that plenty of players will be excited to get the Frank The Rabbit Donnie Darko skin in Warzone and Cold War and dominate their opponents in a truly terrifying fashion.
For more Call of Duty: Warzone, check out the most popular loadouts for the Call of Duty battle royale in Season 6, and stay tuned for future news and guides.
Image Credits: Activision
Major Warzone Ghost glitch breaks popular Perk
Players are reporting that a glitch with the Ghost Perk in Warzone Season 6 is causing major problems in the...
Clever FIFA 22 trick makes scoring from corners easy
A FIFA 22 Ultimate Team player has shown off a neat way to deal with keen goalkeepers who come out...
Best Bullfrog loadout in CoD: Warzone Season 6
The Bullfrog is an extremely powerful weapon in Season 6 of Call of Duty: Warzone, and here is the best...