Treyarch have released a full list of all of the known bugs/issues in Black Ops: Cold War.
Unfortunately, in the modern era of gaming, no game releases in a perfect state. Since the release of Black Ops Cold War players have reported bugs they’ve come across while playing the game.
Some of the most common complaints among the community revolve around the party system breaking up players after games and issues around PlayStation controllers disconnecting from the console randomly while playing.
Treyarch is aware of these bugs, along with many others. Here are all the current known issues in Black Ops: Cold War.
Global Known Issues
- PC Crashes & developer errors
- Calling Cards – Reverting to default or previously selected.
- Prestige leveling (After-action reports) – After reaching Prestige 1, the player’s Season Level number in the upper-right corner of the screen displays the correct level, but the level number displayed in the After-Action Report is currently inaccurate.
- Animations (leveling up) – Some visual issues can occur during the level-up sequence.
- Being able to “quick join” a friend that is offline.
- Party System – Party leaders may receive “You left the party” after bringing their party back out to the main menu.
- Chat Whispers – The recipient’s name is missing from the chat box when whispered from the Scoreboard.
- Locked weapon camos and challenges – Weapon camo and Challenge progress may appear locked when resuming from a suspended state. Restart the game to see your correct progress.
- PS4 Controller Disconnecting – Update your PS4’s system software to 8.01 to fix this issue.
Multiplayer Known Issues
- PC: Multiplayer partially installed – The Multiplayer menu currently shows up as “Partially Installed” when the Multiplayer package isn’t installed.
- Splitscreen – Visual Issues
- Dirty Bomb (Team Names) – Team names in the After-Action Report scoreboard are currently incorrect for Fireteam: Dirty Bomb matches.
- Dirty Bomb (HUD Notifications) – In rare cases, “Detonating Dirty Bomb” may stay on the player’s HUD longer than intended.
- Chopper Gunner on Crossroads Strike – Chopper Gunner path on Crossroad Strike takes the player farther outside of the play space than intended.
- Reticles – May appear upside down on next-gen consoles.
Zombies Known Issues
- Combat Record – Elite Eliminations
- Splitscreen – Unavailable
- Aether Shroud Tier 3 – May place players under the floor
- Combat Record – Packed Kills
- Onslaught – Players may crash when picking up perks
Source: Treyarch Trello
Last Update – 11/20/20
How to freeze the timer in Black Ops Cold War’s Cranked Zombies mode
Cranked is BOCW’s speedy Zombies mode and requires the player to beat a timer. Here’s how you can freeze the timer in the Cranked game mode.
Black Ops Cold War Season 1 saw Cranked make its first appearance as a Zombies mode, and players have found a new glitch that freeze’s the timer mid-game.
The fresh Zombies mode is all about speed and fast-thinking. This is more apparent as a big timer is plastered on the screen, counting down, and constantly reminding you of this. To prevent the “Game Over” screen, you need to keep replenishing your time by scoring kills from the undead.
Though that sense of urgency can be forgotten about if you can enforce the timer glitch that’s been discovered. If performed correctly, the clock will permanently stop and give you all the time in the world to survive.
BOCW Cranked Zombies glitch
Content creator Caspahz has been able to find a way to make the timer one less enemy for yourself. It’s a simple and easy set of instructions that need to be followed and reap huge benefits.
- Read More: Cranked Zombies Tips – Black Ops Cold War
Here are the steps you need to follow to pull this glitch off.
- Start a game of Cranked
- Keep playing until you earn enough resources to buy either a Cruise Missile or Chopper Gunner
- Wait for the timer to tick down until it gets to 3 seconds
- Then call in the streak
- Don’t eliminate any Zombies with it
- When the streak appears, the timer should now have disappeared
- You should now how an infinite amount of time to play how you want
You will now have free reign to take your time and take in the different parameters that Crank offers compared to traditional Zombies.
It’s good to see that Treyarch is continuing to support Zombies with a variety of content and the trend shows no signs of stopping. Forthcoming Zombies updates will see a new Fireteam map, new perks, and much more.
Image credits: Treyarch
Easily finish Diamond camo for the M79 in Black Ops Cold War
A TikToker has discovered a way to easily achieve the Diamond camo on the M79 in Black Ops Cold War through a secret spot on Nuketown.
A TikTok video by North Texas shows players how to easily achieve gold camo on the M79 special launcher in Black Ops Cold War.
Launcher challenges in Black Ops Cold War are brutal and time-consuming. Often, they require perfect circumstances to achieve, and it can take several games to get the right conditions. In the previous Call of Duty titles, launchers would be time-consuming and difficult as well, but Black Ops Cold War is especially difficult.
Due to the low damage values and effectiveness of Flak Jacket, some launchers can take up to 3 shots to kill enemies in hardcore modes, which is problematic for obvious reasons. Players need to achieve longshots, double-kills, and even killstreaks to master each respective launcher.
One of the most difficult launchers in Black Ops Cold War is the M79. Luckily, a player has discovered a spot to get easy longshots and feeds with the weapon to expedite the tedious process.
It appears that TikToker North_Texas has found a spot on the A-Side spawn in Nuketown that makes longshots a breeze with the M79. If you position yourself precisely in the garden area, aim all the way up, and fire, you’ll send shots perfectly aimed at the B flag.
All kills will register as longshots due to the range from this area. You may even score some easy double-kills off spawn from players attempting to capture B. If enemies are using Flak Jacket, you still may get a kill with the next shot.
We recommend lobby-surfing for hardcore games with players who aren’t running Flak Jacket, as this will make the process much faster. After a few kills, players may enable the perk, so you can feel free to leave the game and try again in another lobby.
Black Ops Cold War player achieves insane feat of prestiging without killing anyone
One player has demonstrated incredible patience to prestige in Black Ops Cold War without killing even a single person in the game.
One dedicated Call of Duty player opted to prestige in Black Ops Cold War in a very unconventional way. They managed to achieve the maximum levels necessary without scoring even a single kill.
Call of Duty actively encourages its players to score as many kills as possible and offers all kinds of incentives for doing so. Playing the objective and cooperating with your team is encouraged also.
But the glory, and XP, is all in the kills.
So it seems remarkable that someone has been able to persevere for 37 hours of in-game time to achieve this, steering clear of any assist-giving damage and taking great care to avoid any accidental kills.
Prestiging without killing anyone in BOCW
People might wonder what the point of doing this is. At the end of the day, the person has paid for the game and can approach it however they want to. Plus, it’s a bit different, isn’t it?
We can imagine it was liberating for Reddit user Pilgore1 as they knew they could play each game without having to worry about maintaining their K/D. Plus, in certain modes, it was great news for their teammates as Pilgore1 primarily focused on taking down enemy scorestreaks and completing the objective.
One of the most eye-opening statistics was their Win/Loss record which was surprisingly high. It took 37 hours and 200 matches to prestige, but their final record was a positive 1.27 Win ratio.
Objectives and “Clearing the sky” were the keys to victory and you’d have to imagine they didn’t focus too much on Team Deathmatch and kill-heavy modes. Instead, opting for Hardpoint and other similar environments where hard work and grafting really pays off.
This probably isn’t everyone’s cup of tea in terms of enjoying Call of Duty, but you can’t argue how unique it is. They clearly weren’t too much of a burden to their teammates either with such a high W/L record too.
We’re not saying that everyone needs to stop camping in a corner for a Sentry Turret (you’ve all done it), but it just goes to show that people can find new ways to enjoy Black Ops Cold War.
Image credits: Treyarch
The best League Play loadouts for Black Ops Cold War
Here's the best League Play loadouts for use in Black Ops Cold War, supplied by professional Call of Duty players.
The Top 5 Best Halo Weapons of all time
Here's our picks for the top 5 best weapons in the Halo franchise. This list will be a mix of...
NICKMERCS beats personal kill record with this Bruen loadout – Warzone Season 1
Streamer NICKMERCS has beaten his personal Warzone kill record in Season 1, achieving 39 kills while using the Bruen LMG.