Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on Wednesday, December 18 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The new patch update is version 1.12 and is 10.2GB on PS4, 14GB on Xbox One, and 15GB on PC.
The new update brings new content as part of the continued Season 1 for the game. The new content includes:
- Two new multiplayer maps: Vacant and Shipment
- Two Gunfight maps: Over Winter (winter version of “Docks”) and Shipment
- New Special Ops missions
- New, multiplayer game mode: Cranked
- New Operator: Nikto
- New Maps!
- Winter Docks (Winter themed ‘Docks’ 2v2 map)
- Playlist Update!
- Vacant and Shipment 24/7
- Gunfight is back!
- New Special Operation! “Strongbox”
- New Classic Special Operation Missions! “Disinform” and “Bomb Squad”
- Fix for a bug that could players to be stuck in a “Update requires restart” loop
- Fix for a bug where creating a custom mode could prevent access to private match game mode options
- Fix for players disconnecting and experiencing the “TURTLE” error code
- Fix for a bug where the green ‘new’ notification icon was not clearing off the screen even though there weren’t any new items to view
- Implemented fixes for various exploits and boosting techniques
- Fix for some players experiencing a ‘drift’ while using an Xbox controller
- Fixed two bugs that could cause players to accidentally use multiple XP tokens due to a delay between clicking the button and confirmation on our end
- Fixed an issue where Care Packages could fall through the roof of various buildings in Port
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to swap Field Upgrades after selecting Field Upgrade Pro
- Attempting to deploy the Weapon Drop Field Upgrade at the beginning of a round-based mode would result in the Field Upgrade becoming unusable until the player respawns. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where all tablet-based killstreaks/Field Upgrades have a zoomed-in view when using on Aniyah Palace
- Made some slight UI adjustments to the base and officer rank progression screens to both have similar designs
- Fix for watches not appearing in modes with preset loadouts
- Added a new menu that allows players to launch a specific Trial
- Fixed a bug that caused keybinds to reset to their default values
- Friend Request & Party Invite Notifications option will be set to Enabled by default after the patch. Players can disable that option through the Account tab of the Options menu
- Implemented several settings for the Auto-Sprint option (Always Sprint, Always Super Sprint)
Added an Auto Move Forward feature for Keyboard and Mouse as well as Controller
- For Keyboard and Mouse, a keybind can be added in the Options menu via the advanced section of Move Forward
- For Controller, when this feature is enabled in the Options menu, it can be activated in game by pushing the movement stick forward twice
Keyboard and Mouse
- Improved navigation in the Store and Battle Pass menus
- Added a Change Zoom/Toggle Hybrid Behavior gameplay option to change which keybind triggers the Change Zoom/Toggle Hybrid
- Footsteps: reduced audible range of 3rd person footsteps
- Increased occlusion on footsteps
- Adjusted various foley sounds that played at a larger range than footsteps during ADS/crouch movements
- Fix for air vehicles not occluding properly
- General occlusion adjustments to all air vehicles
- Fix for knife impact sounds missing from kill cams
- Adjusted hip spread for the .357 Snake Shot so it’s consistent regardless of stance
- Reduced flinch on the Kar98k, EBR-14, and MK2 Carbine
- Several fixes were implemented to prevent crashes and improve stability
Special Operations: Survival
- Various exploit fixes
Classic Special Operations:
- Fixed a bug where players were receiving inconsistent amounts of XP
- Fix for rank up UI splashes no working as intended
- When using a Respawn Flare, no UI icon would appear on the minimap (Operation Harbinger)
- Fixed a bug where pistols were dealing too much damage against Juggernauts compared to other weapon classes
- In Operation Crosswind, nearby enemies will not become alerted if a player uses a rocket launcher, causing the player to not break stealth. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where players were able to go prone with the minigun if they get revived while having it equipped
- Added the reward players could earn if completing an Operation within the playlist menu
- Reduced the lethality of non-car explosives
- Adjustments to spawns for Hardpoint
Search and Destroy:
- Fix for a bug where the defending team could see the bomb carrier objective icon
- With the ‘Weapon Pings on Minimap’ option is enabled, the bomb carrier would not show as a red dot on the minimap when shooting their weapon. This has been fixed
- Added an in-game data view to display various stats
- Implemented support for Domination
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
How to fix Warzone & Modern Warfare Diver Error 6 Code
Here’s how to fix Warzone and Modern Warfare’s Diver or Error 6 Code which has caused downloads to fail, locking players out of the game.
Call of Duty Warzone and Modern Warfare players have been unable to play thanks to the Diver or Error Code 6, but we’ve got some solutions to help you get back into Season 4 Verdansk.
The Warzone community appears to be reaching a boiling point in Season 4, with glitches and hackers ruining the experience for many. Some players haven’t even been able to launch the game with the Diver or Error 6 Code making an unfortunate return.
There are some solutions to the error, so we’ve detailed them below to help you get back to playing Verdansk, Rebirth Island, or Modern Warfare multiplayer.
How to fix Code Diver 6 Error in Warzone & Modern Warfare
If you’re hit by the Diver or Code 6 Error in Modern Warfare or Warzone Season 4, you’ll be met with a screen telling you “Download Failed.” This is the root of the problem but fortunately, allows us to provide several fixes that should work.
Check the Warzone servers
This error code can often be caused by an issue with Warzone’s servers. Check out our Warzone server-status guide, and if there’s a problem, it’s worth waiting for the issue to be resolved by Raven Software.
- Read more: Warzone August 2 update patch notes
If there isn’t a server issue, check out the following solutions.
Restart your router
The first thing you should try is restarting your router, as this could trigger your console or PC to begin the failed download.
- First, completely close Warzone or Modern Warfare
- Unplug your router / modem, wait thirty seconds, and plug it back in
- Wait around five minutes for it to completely reboot
- Launch Warzone or Modern Warfare
Download the update through a hotspot / cellular data
If resetting your internet didn’t work, you can try downloading the update through cellular data. Players have reported that this works for some reason, so it’s worth a try. However, you could rack up high data charges so we only recommend trying this if you’re desperate.
Reinstall Warzone and Modern Warfare
Unfortunately, the last solution we recommend is completely reinstalling Warzone / Modern Warfare. This will give a fresh install of Warzone and should be completely free of the Diver or Code 6 Error.
Warzone and Modern Warfare has a huge file size, so redownloading the game will likely take some time. But hopefully, you’ll be able to play battle royale and multiplayer with no issues afterward.
Image Credit: Activision
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players call for White Phosphorus killstreak to be removed or buffed
Modern Warfare’s White Phosphorus is a deadly killstreak, so much so that it is even making players call for its removal due to the frustration it causes.
Some Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players have been calling for the developers to remove or buff the White Phosphorus killstreak.
As the player base is still strong, of course, fans are continuing to give feedback to the development team, with the recent calls for changes to the Ground War mode. However, now it seems players have an issue with the White Phosphorus killstreak.
Reddit user joshua-esaw put up a post with the idea to: “Remove white phosphorus or improve the visibility for your teammates.”
White Phosphorous is a killstreak in Modern Warfare that places a huge area of white smoke across the map that damages the enemy team.
The killstreak is really powerful. However, it can be disorientating for the teammates and the user, especially as you can take damage from it.
The full post is pretty explicit, with the player clearly being frustrated about the issue. The player even states that it is the “worst killstreak” in the game, purely because its negatives outweigh the positives, seeing no reason to use it “except to just annoy people.”
Players in the comments also agree, with one stating that “the coughing is the most annoying part.”
Another user shared their negative experience with the killstreak as well, saying:
“I had a Ground War once where every few minutes someone would call it in. It’s more an inconvenience than anything else when it was enemy, and it just pissed me off when it was friendly. It felt more like a detriment than anything else when I couldn’t see more than a few meters in front of me. For nearly the whole bloody game…”
The killstreak has been in the game since launch, so we doubt it’ll be going anywhere soon. Unfortunately, players who love this game are just going to have to deal with it and hope no one else uses the killstreak.
For more on Modern Warfare, stay tuned via Charlie INTEL, and check out how to fix the reticle menu not working.
Image Credits: Raven Software / Activision
How to fix Modern Warfare reticle menu not working
An annoying glitch with Modern Warfare’s menu system won’t let players change their weapon reticle. Thankfully, a clever workaround exists.
A frustrating glitch with Modern Warfare’s menu system is leaving players unable to change the reticles on their guns. Thankfully, we’ve got everything you need to work around the problem.
Having the right reticle on your weapons can be super important. Using sights like a Red Dot or Holographic can make it easier to target enemies, but the wrong reticle can make it an even bigger challenge than before.
Unfortunately, an annoying glitch with the Modern Warfare menu system is making it impossible to change them. When players select the option, it immediately launches them into the “Play” menu, and is affecting players on PC and PlayStation.
Modern Warfare reticle menu workaround
While this is incredibly frustrating, the good news is that there is a workaround for those struggling to change the reticle on their weapons.
Some players have managed to use the game’s Blueprint system to change their reticles, and while not ideal, does let players choose which one they want to use.
Affected players may want to try:
- Open Warzone, and go to the Weapon Gunsmiuth.
- Choose your optic, then select the reticle you want.
- Go back to the main Gunsmith screen, and create a new Weapon Modiciation.
- Once saved, go back to multiplayer and select the gun you modified.
While this is a lengthier process, it will allow you to make any changes to the reticle that you want.
The good news is that this issue has been added to Activision‘s “known issues” page, which means developers Infinity Ward are aware of it.
When the team will drop a fix for this problem remains unknown, but with around 2 million people playing the game daily, fans will be desperate to see this bug squashed in the near future. With major updates set to drop with Warzone Season 5, it’s possible the fix may come then.
Image Credits: Infinity Ward
How to complete Fortnite Season 7 Week 9 Quests
Here's the full list of Fortnite Season 7's Week 8 Quests, as well as some top tips on how to...
Blizzard Entertainment President steps down; new co-leadership announced
Blizzard Entertainment has announced that J. Allen Brack has stepped down as President of the company, with co-leaders assuming the...
Destiny 2 Valor Ranks: Point requirements & how to reset
Destiny 2 players can increase their Valor rank for bragging rights and rewards, so here's the point requirements and how...