Sledgehammer Games is releasing the Season 1 Festive Fervor Update, version 1.09, for Call of Duty: Vanguard on December 15, which kicks off the Festive Fervor holiday event, with new bundles, bug fixes, and more.
The Festive Fervor event for Call of Duty: Vanguard includes the all new re-mastered Shipment converted to Shipmas, new Store Bundles, the return of MW3’s Drop Zone mode, and more holiday themed festivities.
Sledgehammer Games has posted the patch notes for the new update. The new update goes live live on December 15 at 9PM PT on all platforms with the Festive Fervor content becoming available on December 16 at 9PM PT.
Warzone Pacific Festive Fervor update will go live December 16 at 9PM PT.
The patch notes and information below are only applicable to Call of Duty: Vanguard.
CoD Vanguard December 15 Patch Notes
- Using Daniel’s alternative skin will no longer crash the game
- Progression for Seasonal Challenges is now visible, active, and tracking
- Bug Fixes
- Riot Shield now blocks front-facing damage and bullets will not penetrate
- The Firefight Blueprint has been fixed to remove light coming from the front end of the barrel and parts of the optic
- Kar98K Hunter incentive skin no longer causes the gun to aim down the iron sights instead of the attached scope
- Top Break muzzles no longer jump on reload
- Corrected Loadouts using 7 Round Mags so the total ammo count is divisible by 7
- Addressed multiple issues with charms in a QOL pass
- Weapon animations have been polished and some glitches have been resolved
- Panzerfaust Challenge has been changed from destroying ariel streaks to longshot kills
- Kar98k & Type 99
- When using a lower caliber magazine, these weapons will now retain the ability for One-Shot-Kills when landing chest shots
- Top Break
- No longer reduces damage, but range reduction increased
- Gorenko Anti-Tank Rifle
- The default scope will no longer heavily obscure player vision when meleeing with the bayonet
- Kar98k & Type 99
- Melee range has been reduced for Bayonet when Reach Kit Perk is applied
- Double Barrel
- Corrected wording in the Death Artist Challenge to say “16 Gauge Mag” instead of “12 Gauge Mag”
- Assault Rifle Alpha
- Camos now show proper progression
- M1 Garand
- Camos now show proper progression
- Double Barrel
- Master Ribbons data from Cold War will now be imported and reflected in Vanguard
- Getting kills in Warzone now counts toward challenges in Vanguard
- Mortar Barrage
- Increased damage dealt by the Mortar Barrage Flare
- Mortar Barrage has been tweaked to make deployment less difficult
- Fixed several out-of-map exploits
- Fixed instances of unnatural hitching when jumping against ramped walls
- Fixed issue which made some doors indestructible
- Fixed out-of-map spawns and exploits
- Desert Siege
- Spawn tuning to reduce instances of spawning close to enemies
- Fixed a rendering issue that resulted in intense fog for some players
- Blinking texture issues have been fixed in several locations
- Bullet penetration issues for certain walls have been fixed
- MK2 Frag Grenade blast radius no longer affects players who should be protected by walls
- Red Star
- Fixed a bug that resulted in lighting effects following the player like a spotlight around the map
- Distracting and graphically incorrect shadows no longer appear under light fixtures
- Numa Numa
- Removed invisible geo in Numa Numa that blocked bullets midair
- Fixed an issue in which an invisible wall remained after it was destroyed
- Demolition and Tactician Perks now operate as intended
- Sub Pens, Castle, Oasis, Das Haus
- Fixed out-of-map exploits
- Control is now live!
- Champion Hill
- Players will no longer crash out of Champion Hill Duos, resulting in the closure of the entire game
- Players can now access Scoreboard and Spectate Mode
- Users will no longer get errors saying they don’t have Crossplay permission when attempting to add other consoles to a party
- Flairs now appear with every Prestige level-up, and XP bars should reflect Prestige progression
- Duplicate Prestige icons have been fixed
- Fixed a progression blocker in the Lady Nightingale level caused by an unresponsive character
- Visibility improved in low light areas, making it more visually clear when capturing Control Runes.
- The progress bar no longer overlaps various notifications such as Challenge Completions, Rank Ups, Weapon Level Ups, and more.
- Professor Krafft will now acknowledge Purge objective completions.
- Brimstone no longer damages zombies when the player is downed.
- Brimstone has been adjusted to now only deal damage to zombies that are in the player’s line-of-sight.
- Dead Accurate
- Launchers now work as intended with the Dead Accurate Covenant.
- Swift Vengeance
- Updated the description of Swift Vengeance to reflect that only weapon damage is increased with the use of this Covenant.
- Knives now work as intended with the Swift Vengeance Covenant.
- Addressed an issue where weapons obtained from crates briefly displayed the wrong model when dropping.
- Addressed an issue where some Mystery Box weapons would appear with their magazine detached from the weapon.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from loading into a match with their preferred custom reticle.
- Addressed an issue that incorrectly identified some Launcher damages as critical hits.
- Portals will now provide players with an opportunity to visit each destination before giving an option to return to the same location.
- Closed various exploits that prevented players from taking damage from zombies.
- Melee Camo Challenges have been adjusted to count kills, not eliminations with the exception of Sturmkrieger Challenges.
- Zone names have been added in places where they were absent from the map.
- The in-game scoreboard now shows the player in the correct ranking.
- Addressed an issue with overlapping scoreboard UI.
- Addressed an issue in which Operator and Announcer voice communications could compete with each other.
Subtitles / Text
- Multiple fixes for subtitles when players select the English language setting.
- Multiple fixes for voice lines and subtitles when players select the German language setting.
- Multiple fixes for text descriptions when players select the Brazilian Portuguese language setting.
- Multiple fixes for subtitles when players select the Polish language setting.
- Addressed an issue that would sometimes kick a player to the main Zombies menu when Copying and Replacing loadouts.
- Various stability fixes.
SOURCE: Sledgehammer Games
Vanguard Zombies players furious The Archon is just “green Terra Maledicta”
Fans of Vanguard’s Zombies mode are furious with Season 5’s content, claiming The Archon to be a green-tinted remaster of Terra Maledicta.
Fans were eager to get a look at a new round-based Zombies map in Vanguard Season 5, but excitement turned to disappointment as a remaster of Terra Maledicta was revealed instead.
While Vanguard Zombies players will be getting a round-based experience in Season 5, The Archon isn’t exactly a new map. Zombies fans were under the impression that Season 5’s The Archon would deliver another brand-new Zombies map following Vanguard’s Shi No Numa.
Instead, the upcoming content is better defined as a new Zombies experience, since players will receive a round-based version of Season 2’s Terra Maledicta instead. It seems the announcement has caused unrest among Zombies fans, with several voicing their disbelief.
Terra Maledicta was a new Zombies map that arrived with Season 2 of Vanguard. When it launched, players slammed it as a boring Zombies map that failed to change their initial poor opinion of Vanguard Zombies.
Given the poor reception, the devs claim that they were dedicated to using player feedback to improve the Terra Maledicta experience in Season 5.
“Earlier this year, the Vanguard Zombies team received a mountain of constructive feedback around the launch of Terra Maledicta. As we digested everything we heard from the community, one request kept coming up over and over: the map’s Egyptian and Dark Aether settings would make for a killer round-based experience. We agreed!”
This explains their decision to remaster or update Terra Maledicta by giving it a round-based makeover in Season 5. Unfortunately, the initial reaction from Vanguard players has been just as poor as that of the original Terra Maledicta.
It seems players were under the impression they’d be getting a new round-based map, which increased the disappointment they felt when a “green Terra Maledicta remaster” was revealed instead.
Zombies fans are obsessing over the green-tinted overhaul that Terra Maledicta seems to have received. Comments from the above post found on the CODZombies subreddit reveal that players believe this Season 5 content to be lazy: “This is next level lazy if they actually have used terra maledicta.”
Another player questioned if there would be any new sections around the map: “The fun part about it is the fact that on the official treyarch blog there’s NOTHING that says that there will be new areas, this is literally a s*** show.”
It’s certainly too early to pass final judgment on Season 5’s Zombies content, but it’s safe to say that The Archon will have to be a phenomenal experience to change players’ strong opinions.
Image Credit: Activision
How to get Warzone & Vanguard Prime Gaming rewards (August 2022)
There are new Warzone and Vanguard Prime Gaming rewards available for players to claim. Here’s how you can get your hands on them.
Prime Gaming is an exciting way for developers to reward players with various in-game items. Here’s how you can claim your Prime Gaming rewards in Warzone and Vanguard.
One easy way to get them is through the popular Prime Gaming service, which allows Amazon Prime subscribers to get free in-game rewards for their favorite games.
With this in mind, here is how you can get the Warzone and Vanguard Prime Gaming rewards for August.
How to get Warzone and Vanguard Prime Gaming rewards
If you’re interested in claiming Warzone and Vanguard Prime Gaming rewards, you’ll need an Amazon Prime subscription. If you don’t already have one, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial to redeem the rewards.
Then you must link your Warzone and Vanguard account to your Amazon Prime account with the membership active.
Here’s how you can link your accounts for free Prime Gaming rewards:
- Navigate to the Call of Duty Offer Detail Page
- Click ‘Claim Now’ on the active content drop
- Log in with your Prime-enabled account or sign up for Prime
- Click ‘Continue’ to begin the account-linking process
- Click ‘Go to Activision’ to be redirected to Activision’s account-linking page
- Log in with your Activision account and authorize Prime Gaming to fulfill content
- Click ‘Complete Claim’
Warzone and Vanguard Prime Gaming Rewards – August 2022
Full Defense Bundle
The August 2022 content drop through Prime Gaming brings a total of five exclusive items for Warzone and Vanguard players to claim, including an Operator skin, a weapon Blueprint, and a Calling Card.
Below is a full list of everything available throughout the month of August:
- Legendary Desert Pinstripes Skin
- Epic Counterinsurgency Blueprint
- Legendary Golden Grenadier Emblem
- Legendary No Oasis Killcam Theme
- Epic Heat of Battle Calling Card
That covers everything you need to know about this month’s Prime Gaming rewards for Warzone Pacific and Vanguard.
There are new rewards available each month, so be sure to check back with this guide!
Image Credits: Raven Software / Sledgehammer Games / Amazon
How to unlock RA 225 SMG in Warzone & Vanguard Season 5
Warzone and Vanguard’s new Season 5 SMG is set to deliver incredible mobility and a fast fire rate, so here’s how to unlock the RA 225.
The RA 225 SMG is making its way to Vanguard and Warzone during Season 5, and the weapon’s speed in tight spaces should be a valuable addition to both games.
We’ve seen a ton of post-launch Vanguard SMGs join the pool of weapons over the seasons, and it’s only right that players receive one final SMG before saying goodbye.
How to unlock the RA 225 SMG in Warzone & Vanguard
Warzone and Vanguard’s RA 225 SMG will arrive at the start of Season 5 on August 24, and it will be available at tier 31 of the Battle Pass.
The RA 225 SMG will be one of two weapons arriving via the Season 5 Battle Pass, with the EX1 being the other. These two weapons will be free unlocks that occupy tiers 15 and 31 of the Battle Pass.
The Call of Duty blog for the Season 5 roadmap explains that “this SMG has a high fire rate and a very mobile compact frame.” The RA 225 is a lightweight SMG, which means it should provide excellent mobility for those looking to finesse opponents in Warzone Season 5.
Although it does come with quick handling, its fast fire rate means that while it will be devastating in close-range gunfights, you will have to manage some upward recoil kick that the RA 225 displays.
Its base form doesn’t boast the highest firepower possible, but with the right attachments, you should be able to increase its damage and recoil control to your liking.
For more, check out our guide to all of the Vanguard & Warzone weapons arriving in Season 5, as well as how to unlock the Valois Revolver.
Image Credit: Activision
New FIFA 23 FUT Hero cards revealed: Yaya Toure, Forlan, Mascherano, more
FUT Hero cards are set to return as an exciting item in FIFA 23's Ultimate Team mode. Here's a look...
Warzone 2 leak claims long-awaited console FOV slider is coming to sequel
According to a top Warzone player's leak, the long-awaited FOV slider could be available to Warzone 2 console players upon...
How to use Doomsday Station in Warzone & unlock unique cosmetic
The Doomsday Station is making its way to Caldera with the Warzone Season 5 update, and here's how the device...