Call of Duty: Vanguard devs Sledgehammer Games released a small stability update on May 12, but a major buff to the Automaton didn’t appear in the patch notes.
The Automaton has long been one of the most powerful weapons in Call of Duty: Vanguard, being able to beam enemies at range with a high fire rate and non-existent recoil. It’s the main Assault Rifle used in both the CDL and Ranked Play, and it’s just got even better.
Following Vanguard’s May 10 update which buffed low-caliber magazines, Sledgehammer Games released a small stability update on May 12 that fixed some minor UI issues and fixed Camo Challenges. However, players were quick to notice that the Automaton received a powerful buff that didn’t appear in the patch notes.
Vanguard Automaton magazine secretly buffed in May 12 update
While Vanguard’s Automaton has always been a meta pick, its fast fire rate meant that it burnt through the default 25-round magazine extremely fast. However, the May 12 update increased the default mag to 30 rounds and it wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes.
Assault Rifle players have been calling for the Automaton’s mag size to be buffed for months, and their wishes were granted in secret by the May 12 update. This is sure to make a shift in the Ranked Play meta, with more players now opting to use the Automaton instead of the (still powerful) MP40.
Full Vanguard May 12 update patch notes
- Addressed an issue that caused a Server Disconnected error in Private Matches with the CDL ruleset enabled.
- Arms Race
- Destroying the last remaining enemy base while enemies are within will no longer cause a UI error.
- M1 Garand (Marksman Rifle)
- Mindgames Camo Category now references the correct Magazine Attachment requirement.
- M1916 (Marksman Rifle)
- Progression toward challenges that require Marksman Rifles is now correctly tracked.
User Interface & Experience
- Players who have reached Prestige 5 or higher will now see the correct Prestige emblem displayed throughout the menus.
Bundles & Cosmetics
- CDL Midseason Pack
- Corrected the preview images for Roland’s “The Boss” Operator Skin and the “Love Massacre” Emblem.
- Weapon Camos
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Survivalist camo challenges from tracking.
Source: Sledgehammer Games
Image Credit: Activision
Fortnite Fortnitemares 2022: Start date, skins, leaks & everything we know so far
Fortnitemares returns to Fortnite in time for Halloween, so here's everything we know including the event's start date, skins, and...
FIFA 23 has crossplay, but there’s a catch: Cross-platform details
FIFA 23 is the first FIFA title to launch with the much requested crossplay mechanic, but how exactly does it...
CoD Mobile Zombies only back for limited time & players are fuming
Shi no Numa Zombies is returning to CoD Mobile, but players are fuming that its return it only for a...