Terra Maledicta’s Main Quest Easter Egg is now live in Vanguard Season 2. We’ve put together this complete, in-depth guide to help you discover the map’s Main Quest Easter Egg.
The update has already included two Wonder Weapons, new artifacts, and evidently a new Main Quest Easter Egg to uncover.
Here’s a comprehensive guide to Terra Maledicta’s Main Quest Easter Egg.
- Zombies Terra Maledicta Main Quest Easter Egg guide
- Terra Maledicta Main Quest Easter Egg rewards
Zombies Terra Maledicta Main Quest Easter Egg guide
1. Locate Decimator Shield
- Activate objective in the Temple area in front of the spawn area.
- Once you teleport to Vercanna’s home soil, complete Runestones objective.
- After you complete objective and return to Temple make your way past the portal and reach Merchant Road where the Decimator Shield is located.
- Once dialogue is activated continue playing as usual and open up all areas of the map.
- Go left of the spawn room and activate a nearby portal. Complete the objective.
- Vercanna will speak to you, detailing the location of a speaking stone.
2. Unlock Decimator Shield
- Find the Speed Cola machine and locate the speaking stone directly across from it.
- Once the stone dialogue has ended enter the blue portal.
- Complete the Purge objective and return to the Temple.
- Locate the Decimator Shield and identify the yellow crystals directly across from it.
- Destroy the four yellow chrystals across the map.
- Interact with the speaking stone in the Bazar area.
- Enter the green portal after the speaking stone dialogue ends.
3. Charge Decimator Shield
- Complete Syphonecores objective while the Decimator Shield charges.
- Defeat Zaballa the Deceiver by aiming at the mask on her face.
- Once the objective is complete, return to the Temple area where the Decimator Shield will be ready for use.
- Pick up the Decimator Shield and complete the next objective that Vercanna requests.
- Once the objective is complete, locate the blue Perk in the Debris Field location where you’ll find another speaking stone.
- Enter the green portal that Vercanna opens.
4. Use Decimator Shield to destroy Tome of Rituals anchors
- Complete the Void objective with the Decimator Shield.
- Use the left-trigger ability of the Decimator Shield to destroy the Tome of Rituals anchors.
- The Shield attack can only be triggered once every 90 seconds.
- Collect the Tome of Rituals page once the objective is complete.
- Escape via the green portal.
- Enjoy the rare rewards once the Easter Egg quest is complete.
Terra Maledicta Main Quest Easter Egg rewards
Once you’ve completed the Main Quest, you’ll be teleported back to Terra Maledicta’s main area where rare rewards will be waiting for you. You’ll receive 10,000 points for completing the Main Quest alongside loot comprised of equipment, scorestreaks, and rare weapons.
As far as Main Quests go this one isn’t all that complicated but we hope you enjoyed our guide nonetheless.
- Read more: When is Ranked Play coming to Vanguard?
If you’re a Zombies veteran you’ll have a blast completing the Vanguard Terra Maledicta Main Quest Easter Egg.
For more Vanguard Zombies content, check out if Vanguard Zombies Camos are coming to Warzone Pacific?
Image Credit: Activision / MrDalekJD
Vanguard Zombies players furious The Archon is just “green Terra Maledicta”
Fans of Vanguard’s Zombies mode are furious with Season 5’s content, claiming The Archon to be a green-tinted remaster of Terra Maledicta.
Fans were eager to get a look at a new round-based Zombies map in Vanguard Season 5, but excitement turned to disappointment as a remaster of Terra Maledicta was revealed instead.
While Vanguard Zombies players will be getting a round-based experience in Season 5, The Archon isn’t exactly a new map. Zombies fans were under the impression that Season 5’s The Archon would deliver another brand-new Zombies map following Vanguard’s Shi No Numa.
Instead, the upcoming content is better defined as a new Zombies experience, since players will receive a round-based version of Season 2’s Terra Maledicta instead. It seems the announcement has caused unrest among Zombies fans, with several voicing their disbelief.
Terra Maledicta was a new Zombies map that arrived with Season 2 of Vanguard. When it launched, players slammed it as a boring Zombies map that failed to change their initial poor opinion of Vanguard Zombies.
Given the poor reception, the devs claim that they were dedicated to using player feedback to improve the Terra Maledicta experience in Season 5.
“Earlier this year, the Vanguard Zombies team received a mountain of constructive feedback around the launch of Terra Maledicta. As we digested everything we heard from the community, one request kept coming up over and over: the map’s Egyptian and Dark Aether settings would make for a killer round-based experience. We agreed!”
This explains their decision to remaster or update Terra Maledicta by giving it a round-based makeover in Season 5. Unfortunately, the initial reaction from Vanguard players has been just as poor as that of the original Terra Maledicta.
It seems players were under the impression they’d be getting a new round-based map, which increased the disappointment they felt when a “green Terra Maledicta remaster” was revealed instead.
Zombies fans are obsessing over the green-tinted overhaul that Terra Maledicta seems to have received. Comments from the above post found on the CODZombies subreddit reveal that players believe this Season 5 content to be lazy: “This is next level lazy if they actually have used terra maledicta.”
Another player questioned if there would be any new sections around the map: “The fun part about it is the fact that on the official treyarch blog there’s NOTHING that says that there will be new areas, this is literally a s*** show.”
It’s certainly too early to pass final judgment on Season 5’s Zombies content, but it’s safe to say that The Archon will have to be a phenomenal experience to change players’ strong opinions.
Image Credit: Activision
How to get Warzone & Vanguard Prime Gaming rewards (August 2022)
There are new Warzone and Vanguard Prime Gaming rewards available for players to claim. Here’s how you can get your hands on them.
Prime Gaming is an exciting way for developers to reward players with various in-game items. Here’s how you can claim your Prime Gaming rewards in Warzone and Vanguard.
One easy way to get them is through the popular Prime Gaming service, which allows Amazon Prime subscribers to get free in-game rewards for their favorite games.
With this in mind, here is how you can get the Warzone and Vanguard Prime Gaming rewards for August.
How to get Warzone and Vanguard Prime Gaming rewards
If you’re interested in claiming Warzone and Vanguard Prime Gaming rewards, you’ll need an Amazon Prime subscription. If you don’t already have one, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial to redeem the rewards.
Then you must link your Warzone and Vanguard account to your Amazon Prime account with the membership active.
Here’s how you can link your accounts for free Prime Gaming rewards:
- Navigate to the Call of Duty Offer Detail Page
- Click ‘Claim Now’ on the active content drop
- Log in with your Prime-enabled account or sign up for Prime
- Click ‘Continue’ to begin the account-linking process
- Click ‘Go to Activision’ to be redirected to Activision’s account-linking page
- Log in with your Activision account and authorize Prime Gaming to fulfill content
- Click ‘Complete Claim’
Warzone and Vanguard Prime Gaming Rewards – August 2022
Full Defense Bundle
The August 2022 content drop through Prime Gaming brings a total of five exclusive items for Warzone and Vanguard players to claim, including an Operator skin, a weapon Blueprint, and a Calling Card.
Below is a full list of everything available throughout the month of August:
- Legendary Desert Pinstripes Skin
- Epic Counterinsurgency Blueprint
- Legendary Golden Grenadier Emblem
- Legendary No Oasis Killcam Theme
- Epic Heat of Battle Calling Card
That covers everything you need to know about this month’s Prime Gaming rewards for Warzone Pacific and Vanguard.
There are new rewards available each month, so be sure to check back with this guide!
Image Credits: Raven Software / Sledgehammer Games / Amazon
How to unlock RA 225 SMG in Warzone & Vanguard Season 5
Warzone and Vanguard’s new Season 5 SMG is set to deliver incredible mobility and a fast fire rate, so here’s how to unlock the RA 225.
The RA 225 SMG is making its way to Vanguard and Warzone during Season 5, and the weapon’s speed in tight spaces should be a valuable addition to both games.
We’ve seen a ton of post-launch Vanguard SMGs join the pool of weapons over the seasons, and it’s only right that players receive one final SMG before saying goodbye.
How to unlock the RA 225 SMG in Warzone & Vanguard
Warzone and Vanguard’s RA 225 SMG will arrive at the start of Season 5 on August 24, and it will be available at tier 31 of the Battle Pass.
The RA 225 SMG will be one of two weapons arriving via the Season 5 Battle Pass, with the EX1 being the other. These two weapons will be free unlocks that occupy tiers 15 and 31 of the Battle Pass.
The Call of Duty blog for the Season 5 roadmap explains that “this SMG has a high fire rate and a very mobile compact frame.” The RA 225 is a lightweight SMG, which means it should provide excellent mobility for those looking to finesse opponents in Warzone Season 5.
Although it does come with quick handling, its fast fire rate means that while it will be devastating in close-range gunfights, you will have to manage some upward recoil kick that the RA 225 displays.
Its base form doesn’t boast the highest firepower possible, but with the right attachments, you should be able to increase its damage and recoil control to your liking.
For more, check out our guide to all of the Vanguard & Warzone weapons arriving in Season 5, as well as how to unlock the Valois Revolver.
Image Credit: Activision
Warzone 2 leak claims long-awaited console FOV slider is coming to sequel
According to a top Warzone player's leak, the long-awaited FOV slider could be available to Warzone 2 console players upon...
How to use Doomsday Station in Warzone & unlock unique cosmetic
The Doomsday Station is making its way to Caldera with the Warzone Season 5 update, and here's how the device...
Best controller settings for Apex Legends Season 14
Movement is king in Apex Legends and this controller layout will give you a leg up on the enemy during...