Call of Duty: Warzone has arrived in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with the deployment of the new patch update for the game. The version of the new patch is 1.17.
The Update 1.17 is now live and is 15.1GB on PlayStation 4, is 17.9GB on Xbox One, and is 22GB on PC.
Call of Duty: Warzone is the brand new mode for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare that includes a Battle Royale and Plunder modes for players to play.
Warzone is also FREE to play for everyone – regardless of owning Modern Warfare and will be FREE to download later today.
- Added Search and Rescue
- Added Mayhem Mosh Pit (10v10 Grind, Drop Zone, and Cranked)
- Removing “Boots on the Ground War”
- NEW Shotgun: “VLK Rogue”
- Fixed a bug that prevented respawning after a Defcon Nuke had been set off in Realism Ground War
- Increased damage to Juggernauts when being hit by a Thermite Crossbow
- Various Exploit fixes, including fixes to Hackney Yard and Piccadilly
- Fix for a bug where a different pistol than one that was equipped would appear when climbing a ladder
- Fixed a bug where any charm used alongside the MP7 Bengal variant would clip through the weapon
- Various Ground War exploit fixes
- Fix for a bug where a constant yellow “High Alert” screen would persist after death if the player died while the perk was granted via Specialist
- Fixed a bug in the After-Action Report that would display 0 in the Challenge field even if a Challenge had been completed
- Fixed a bug that would spawn players elsewhere on the map after using a Tactical Insertion near the crawl space on Rust
- Fixed a bug in the Giant Infection mode that spammed radio VO across all teammates when a player is a driver or passenger
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to deploy throwable Field Upgrades during the round countdown. After the countdown ends, the player would still have another Field Upgrade available. This has been fixed
- Added option to toggle a square or circular minimap
Call of Duty League: Restricted the .357 Snake Shot in the CDL public playlist
- 725 Sawed-Off Barrel:
- Increased move speed
- Increased ADS Spread
- Reduced ADS damage
- Reduced far damage range
- Extended very lethal close damage range
- Fix for the RAM-7 variant, “The Corrupter” not allowing the use of any sniper scopes
- Fixed a bug that could create an ‘infinite ammo’ glitch on the Model 680
- Updating the ammo descriptions to the “Bludgeoner” LMG and the “Skull Hammer” Shotgun
- Fix for a bug where using an NVG Thermal Scope on the Grau 5.56 could cause a graphical bug
Missions and Challenges:
- Fix for a bug that only displayed the “One Shot One Kill” splash medal on screen when a sniper rifle was used. This is fixed to display whenever any one-shot weapon like shotguns or marksman rifles are used
- Fix for the “Get 50 Kills with Light Machine Guns” challenge not tracking as intended
- Fix for Golem’s 3rd Mission Objective, “Get 5 Kills using Lethal Equipment” not tracking properly
- All vehicles now award progress to any challenges that require “X vehicle run over kills”
- Updates to the splash screen and in-game HUD as players make progress in the “Alliance” Missions
Classic Special Operations:
- Fixed a bug that prevented players for being able to use finishing moves on enemy AI. This has been fixed
- Bomb Squad: Fix for a bug there enemies might not spawn until after the last bomb is defused
Special Operations: Survival – Leaderboards for Azhir Cave (night) and St. Petrograd have been added
- Camera is now in a fixed position when reviving while prone or crouched
- Hostages will reset to a safe area if dropped out of bounds
- Fix match ending if the last-alive player calls in a Team Revive but goes down before the other players revive themselves.
- Fix some instances where the juggernaut music could stay on unintentionally
- Increase Heavy Hitter weapon perk to 2x melee damage
- Ensure that players who are parachuting receive the ‘out of bounds’ warning if they drift out of bounds
- Fix for hint prompts showing up while players are in last stand
- Fix for an edge case that could prevent the 4th squad leader from spawning in during Operation Headhunter
- Operation Just Reward: Fixed an issue where the cell phone intel would fail to drop
- Operation Strongbox: Fixed a bug where destroying an enemy Wheelson was not granting any XP
Keyboard and Mouse: a contextual menu is now displayed when KBM player right-click on usernames in the Social menu’s Party tab
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
- New PC players that are using the latest Battle.net client now have access to a simple, one-click way of creating their Activision account using their Battle.net credentials
- Fixed a few cases where certain Social menu pop-up messages would display incorrectly in higher aspect ratios
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6 start date confirmed
There’s been a lot of confusion around if there would be a Season 6 for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & Warzone, but now it’s officially confirmed.
The Call of Duty League team, Minnesota ROKKR, has tweeted out that they’re hosting a CDL Pros & content creators Warzone event for Season 6.
Season 6 in Modern Warfare and Warzone will begin on Tuesday, September 29.
There’s no news yet on what the Season will include in the content.
The Season will of course include a new Battle Pass, new MP content, and new Warzone content, but specifics have not been announced.
Stay tuned for the latest news on Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 6 as Sept. 29 approaches.
This Week in Modern Warfare & Warzone: New Playlists & Bundles
Activision Blog has posted the latest This Week in Call of Duty post highlighting what players can expect in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone for the week of September 4.
This week sees the continuation of Shoot the Ship, and new playlists like Ground War Reinfected, and more in MP.
And, in Warzone, Buy Back Quads playlist is available this weekend, alongside the standard BR Solos, Duo, Trios, and Quads.
This week will also see new store bundles for fans to pick up who want to customize their operators and weapons, including the Tracer Anime Pack and new Alex Bundle.
Here’s the breakdown from Activision Blog:
Shoot the Ship-tember continues with more 24/7 action of the fan-favorite playlist! Also play tight and tactical on the Gunfight Face Off moshpit, avoid the infected in Ground War Reinfected, and stock up on cash this weekend to get right back into the match in Buy Back Quads.
Get with your squad and battle in the Gunfight Face Off Moshpit. Enjoy standard Multiplayer modes like Cranked and Grind and be ready to employ a new set of strategies on these much smaller battlegrounds. Communication is key and consider crafting a loadout for the closer quarters of Gunfight maps.
Get three blueprints, a Riot Shield, melee weapon, and more in the ‘Tracer Pack Anime Super’ bundle. Give your enemies a deadly dusting of pink tracer fire courtesy of the Legendary assault rifle, Legendary SMG, or Epic assault rifle included in the bundle.
One of the Campaign’s heroes returns with a covert look in the ‘Alex: Death Stalker’ bundle. Get two Legendary blueprints for a complete silenced loadout and eliminate the opposition from the shadows in the latest threads for Alex.
Keep back from the horde and use the map to avoid and push back the infected in Ground War Reinfected. This large-scale Infected mode challenges you to play together with your team and watch out for any attacks from Infected players. Or join the legion of Infected, rise up, and take down anyone left standing.
Don’t stop fighting in Buy Back Quads, available only this weekend. Don’t spend all your money on Buy Stations instead have some handy to get back into the match, in case you face an unfortunate demise. Other Warzone modes available this week: Battle Royale Solos, Duos, Trios, and Quads and Blood Money Trios.
Tune in this week for intense-action, fights for survival, and frenetic hot drops streaming #LivefromWarzone. A showdown is in the works on September 16 from 11AM – 2PM PT in Vikkstar’s Warzone Showdown. On September 17, link up with FaZe clan in the Twitch FaZe event featuring Duos and Quads matches with teams seeking the most eliminations.
Activision files cease and desist letter against another cheat manufacturer
Activision Blizzard continues to take down cheat manufacturer sites to stop the spread of different cheats for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone.
In August, the company filed a lawsuit against CXCheats for illegally creating cheats to be used in an IP owned by Activision Blizzard. CXCheats since deleted all cheats for Modern Warfare and Warzone in compliance with the lawsuit.
Now, in September, another large cheat manufacturer, GatorCheats, has said that Activision Blizzard has filed a cease and desist letter to stop them from making cheats for Call of Duty games.
The owner of GatorCheats said in their Discord that the first letter was filed by in May 2020, but they did not fully comply with that – opting to allow cheats to continue to be available.
In May 2020, Activision Blizzard’s attorneys contacted me via a Cease and Desist letter. Considering this event, I decided to act on my already pending decision to close all sales to new customers for my product relating to Modern Warfare and Warzone.
Activision has since escalated the requests. In Sept. 2020, the owner of GatorCheats claims that Activision Blizzard served another cease and desist letter. But, this time, a PI showed up at his residence with the letter and informed him of what Activision knows about their site and the owners behind it.
In September 2020, Activision Blizzard’s attorneys had another Cease and Desist letter hand delivered to me by who I assume was a PI, considering he knew my family members by name and made a point to showcase that he did. Also in September 2020, I received very clear communication in a follow up from Activision Blizzard’s attorneys communicating that they would litigate (file a law suit against me) if I didn’t comply with continuation of stopped sales as well as a complete stoppage of interaction with and updating of any products related to their client’s products.
The full letter from the owner states that he will “never make or create” a cheat for an Activision Blizzard product again after receiving the letters and a visit from them at his house.
Activision has not commented on their anti-cheat initiatives since June, where the company said they continue to ban players on a regular basis.
Treyarch dev says all CoD games have had SBMM, says it can be ‘tuned’
Treyarch’s Director of Technology Martin Donlon has spoken out on Twitter after fans have complained about SBMM in Call of...
SBMM trends on Twitter as fans experience it in Black Ops Cold War Alpha
SBMM, or known as skill based matchmaking, is the main topic of the conversation from the Black Ops Cold War...
Snipers in Black Ops Cold War alpha intentionally overpowered to test balance
Treyarch’s Designer Tony Flame has stated on Twitter that the team intentionally overpowered the sniper rifles in the alpha. One...