Call of Duty: Warzone has arrived in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with the deployment of the new patch update for the game. The version of the new patch is 1.17.
The Update 1.17 is now live and is 15.1GB on PlayStation 4, is 17.9GB on Xbox One, and is 22GB on PC.
Call of Duty: Warzone is the brand new mode for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare that includes a Battle Royale and Plunder modes for players to play.
Warzone is also FREE to play for everyone – regardless of owning Modern Warfare and will be FREE to download later today.
- Added Search and Rescue
- Added Mayhem Mosh Pit (10v10 Grind, Drop Zone, and Cranked)
- Removing “Boots on the Ground War”
- NEW Shotgun: “VLK Rogue”
- Fixed a bug that prevented respawning after a Defcon Nuke had been set off in Realism Ground War
- Increased damage to Juggernauts when being hit by a Thermite Crossbow
- Various Exploit fixes, including fixes to Hackney Yard and Piccadilly
- Fix for a bug where a different pistol than one that was equipped would appear when climbing a ladder
- Fixed a bug where any charm used alongside the MP7 Bengal variant would clip through the weapon
- Various Ground War exploit fixes
- Fix for a bug where a constant yellow “High Alert” screen would persist after death if the player died while the perk was granted via Specialist
- Fixed a bug in the After-Action Report that would display 0 in the Challenge field even if a Challenge had been completed
- Fixed a bug that would spawn players elsewhere on the map after using a Tactical Insertion near the crawl space on Rust
- Fixed a bug in the Giant Infection mode that spammed radio VO across all teammates when a player is a driver or passenger
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to deploy throwable Field Upgrades during the round countdown. After the countdown ends, the player would still have another Field Upgrade available. This has been fixed
- Added option to toggle a square or circular minimap
Call of Duty League: Restricted the .357 Snake Shot in the CDL public playlist
- 725 Sawed-Off Barrel:
- Increased move speed
- Increased ADS Spread
- Reduced ADS damage
- Reduced far damage range
- Extended very lethal close damage range
- Fix for the RAM-7 variant, “The Corrupter” not allowing the use of any sniper scopes
- Fixed a bug that could create an ‘infinite ammo’ glitch on the Model 680
- Updating the ammo descriptions to the “Bludgeoner” LMG and the “Skull Hammer” Shotgun
- Fix for a bug where using an NVG Thermal Scope on the Grau 5.56 could cause a graphical bug
Missions and Challenges:
- Fix for a bug that only displayed the “One Shot One Kill” splash medal on screen when a sniper rifle was used. This is fixed to display whenever any one-shot weapon like shotguns or marksman rifles are used
- Fix for the “Get 50 Kills with Light Machine Guns” challenge not tracking as intended
- Fix for Golem’s 3rd Mission Objective, “Get 5 Kills using Lethal Equipment” not tracking properly
- All vehicles now award progress to any challenges that require “X vehicle run over kills”
- Updates to the splash screen and in-game HUD as players make progress in the “Alliance” Missions
Classic Special Operations:
- Fixed a bug that prevented players for being able to use finishing moves on enemy AI. This has been fixed
- Bomb Squad: Fix for a bug there enemies might not spawn until after the last bomb is defused
Special Operations: Survival – Leaderboards for Azhir Cave (night) and St. Petrograd have been added
- Camera is now in a fixed position when reviving while prone or crouched
- Hostages will reset to a safe area if dropped out of bounds
- Fix match ending if the last-alive player calls in a Team Revive but goes down before the other players revive themselves.
- Fix some instances where the juggernaut music could stay on unintentionally
- Increase Heavy Hitter weapon perk to 2x melee damage
- Ensure that players who are parachuting receive the ‘out of bounds’ warning if they drift out of bounds
- Fix for hint prompts showing up while players are in last stand
- Fix for an edge case that could prevent the 4th squad leader from spawning in during Operation Headhunter
- Operation Just Reward: Fixed an issue where the cell phone intel would fail to drop
- Operation Strongbox: Fixed a bug where destroying an enemy Wheelson was not granting any XP
Keyboard and Mouse: a contextual menu is now displayed when KBM player right-click on usernames in the Social menu’s Party tab
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
- New PC players that are using the latest Battle.net client now have access to a simple, one-click way of creating their Activision account using their Battle.net credentials
- Fixed a few cases where certain Social menu pop-up messages would display incorrectly in higher aspect ratios
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Warzone players call for “Classic” mode with only Modern Warfare weapons
Many Warzone players feel that Call of Duty’s battle royale game could do with a mode that only allows the use of Modern Warfare weapons.
Disgruntled Warzone players want to see the game incorporate a “Classic” mode that goes back to the game’s roots, using only CoD: Modern Warfare weapons.
The integration of Black Ops Cold War into Warzone really did change the game and its meta forever. Across Season 1 and Season 2, Warzone’s already stellar roster of guns received a massive boost and gave players a lot more options to choose from.
But these extras haven’t been to the delight of everyone, as some of them namely Cold War’s DMR, Diamattis, and MAC-10 have had a huge impact on Warzone. In response, some players are keen to see a mode that only makes use of the game’s original weapons.
Cold War and Warzone use different game engines, meaning that the guns don’t translate as well when they make the transition to a different game.
melon_b0y has alluded to this fact and is calling for Raven Software to accommodate frustrated CoD players.
He said, “Without the Cold War weapons, the game would flow a lot smoother and would bring back skill into gunfights, not just who shoots first. Not to mention that without the FFAR and AUG around to compete, the game mode would be more balanced.
I’m not saying completely remove Cold War weapons, but I think a mode without them would greatly improve the fun in Warzone and bring back some nostalgia as well.”
It’s an interesting concept that should definitely be considered. It certainly does feels like a lifetime ago that Warzone was only populated by Modern Warfare weapons and felt more balanced.
If this became a reality, you’d imagine that it would be supported by many players, and could result in players abandon the normal version of the game.
Image credits: Activision
New CoD: Modern Warfare maps mysteriously removed from game
Although three new maps were added to Modern Warfare’s multiplayer following the mid-Season 2 update, two of them were mysteriously removed.
Following the Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update, Modern Warfare received three new maps – Call of Duty 4’s Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. Now, the two original maps have been removed, but Killhouse still remains.
Although Call of Duty games usually lose the majority of their player base when the next installment of the franchise releases, Black Ops Cold War’s joint progression system has given Modern Warfare fans a reason to stay. Even while playing 2019’s title, they will continue to increase their rank in Warzone and Cold War.
Modern Warfare’s content lifecycle was set to end in November 2020 with the release of Cold War, but as part of Warzone’s mid-Season 2 update, Activision treated fans to three new maps: Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage.
Killhouse was, and still is, available in a 24/7 playlist in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, but Al-Raab and Drainage were only available in private matches. Now, however, Al-Raab and Drainage have been mysteriously removed from the game.
Old-school CoD fans will remember Killhouse well as it made its debut in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but has also been included in CoD Mobile and Modern Warfare Remastered.
This close-range map, inspired by CoD 4’s tutorial level, F.N.G, is set in a military training warehouse. Although the map is small, it has plenty of cover and obstacles to navigate between.
You can still jump straight into Killhouse by selecting the “Killhouse 24/7” playlist from the Modern Warfare menu.
The other 6v6 map added in this surprise update was Al-Raab Airbase, but it could only be accessed through Private Matches. This map may also be familiar as it appears to be modeled after the Russian airbase Alex and Farah assault in the campaign mission, Proxy War. This map is relatively larger than CoD’s standard 6v6, with plenty of verticality and long lanes to snipe down.
A new Gunfight map, Drainage, was also added to Modern Warfare’s Private Matches. Similar to Airbase, Drainage is large for a 2v2 map, but it will also support 3v3 and other small team game modes. A bridge goes over the map as its standout feature, and there’s a ton of debris on the ground for players to use as cover.
Infinity Ward never acknowledged the maps being added or taken away, so we don’t know if these are the only changes made to Modern Warfare.
Image Credit: Activision / CODTracker
New Warzone leak reveals possible Sykov pistol release date
A Warzone date miner has revealed a potential release date for the upcoming dual wield, fully automatic Sykov pistol.
A new leak has revealed a possible release date for Modern Warfare and Warzone’s highly anticipated and feared full-auto Sykov pistol, also known as the Makarov.
Players have been waiting to get their hands on new Modern Warfare weapons that are expected to arrive in Warzone soon. After players could find the unreleased Sykov pistol in Plunder, many are looking forward to using it in their loadout.
Warzone data miner TailsDoll553 has revealed potential release dates for several upcoming Warzone and Cold War bundles. The standout piece of information is the release date for the Sparks Operator Bundle, which contains a new Operator and a Blueprint for unreleased full-auto Sykov pistol.
According to TailsDoll553, Warzone’s new pistol is set to release on April 15. They noted that “these could be subjected to change at any time, but these are the most likely dates for the bundles.”
Many players expect this new pistol to become the close-range meta when it arrives. The akimbo Diamattis from Black Ops Cold War dominated all point-blank fights for their high fire rate and insane damage output, but the Sykov is set to be even more powerful.
Through the Gunsmith system, it can be customized to be wielded akimbo and made fully automatic with an 80 round mag. This is sure to melt enemies up close and because it’s a secondary, you can run it along with the Ghost perk.
As for the other weapons set to be arriving, the CX-9 SMG and Raal LMG, as well as the Soap Operator Bundle, TailsDoll553 said they couldn’t find any dates for their release as the date doesn’t appear to be in Warzone’s files yet.
As this is a leak, there’s no guarantee that the Sykov will release on April 15. However, by following our guide, you can try it out early in Modern Warfare’s Survival mode.
Image Credit: Activision / COD Tracker
Apex Legends pro finds Crazy Octane Jump Pad rotation on Olympus
An Apex Legends player landed a huge Octane Jump Pad rotation on Olympus to evade opposition. Here's how he did...
Warzone leak reveals equippable helmets return to game files
Warzone data miners have reportedly found equippable helmets in the game files again after they were scrapped before the game's...
Cold War April 9 patch notes: Gunsmith Customs & Rivas
Gunsmith Customs arrives in Black Ops Cold War.