The next major update for Black Ops Cold War, Season 2 Reloaded, goes live on March 29 at 9PM PT. This is version 1.14.
Season 2 has brought a plethora of new content to Black Ops Cold War. New maps, weapons, and Operators have arrived in Call of Duty, and Zombies have begun to overrun both Verdansk and the Ural Mountains.
However, there are plenty of features from the official roadmap that have not yet arrived in the game.
The official release for the mid-Season update for Black Ops Cold War is March 29 at 9PM PT / March 30 at 12AM ET with the following size for each paltform:
- PlayStation 5: 12.2 GB
- PlayStation 4: 7.4 GB
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 14.18 GB
- Xbox One: 9.13 GB
- PC: 8.1 GB
Miami Strike (6v6)
First up, Miami Strike comes to 6v6 this week with a streamlined map layout featuring an entirely new waterside path that opens up new close-quarters opportunities. This sun-drenched take on the original South Beach MP locale sees a vintage car show taking over the streets, with the road past the Paramour Hotel now sealed off for fast-paced action.
Jump into the new Miami Strike 24/7 playlist this week to get your 6v6 fix, featuring a mix of TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint modes. And for those already looking forward to the next batch of 6v6 maps: Season Three will be here before you know it, when we’ll be dropping even more MP maps to enjoy.
Mansion (2v2, 3v3)
Our Gunfight and Face Off modes been hugely popular this season, and we’re delivering a new small-scale battleground this week with the launch of Mansion for 2v2 and 3v3. Take the fight to an opulent Cuban compound and choose between head-on conflicts in the center courtyard, or high-visibility power positions from above.
This abandoned Russian village hides an insidious secret as Nikita Dragovich’s testing ground for the expansion of the Numbers Program. This week, Golova joins the map rotation in Black Ops Cold War’s biggest Multiplayer battles to date. Squad up and drop into our new Multi-Team playlists, including the all-new 40-player Hardpoint.
You’ve never played the OBJ like this before. Our new large-scale Multi-Team Hardpoint mode drops ten teams of four into the biggest maps in the game to fight for control of multiple Hardpoints at a time.
Each set of Hardpoints lasts 120 seconds before rotating to the next locations, and unlike 6v6 and 12v12 Hardpoint, your team will earn 1 point each second for all teammates inside the Hardpoint. The first squad to reach 1,000 points wins the match!
New Prop Hunt Maps + Props
Prop Hunt returns this week with two additional maps joining the rotation: Miami Strike and Satellite! We’ve also refreshed the prop selection for the majority of our existing maps to help keep those Hunters on their toes. Squad up and jump into the updated Prop Hunt playlist this week.
With the new additions of Apocalypse Hardpoint and Express S&D to the League Play rotation, we’re constantly working on more ways to improve the competitive experience. We’ve heard the recent feedback on Wildcard selection and agree: we want players to commit to a playstyle in League Play.
Starting with Season Two Reloaded, the Law Breaker Wildcard will no longer allow any weapon to be put into either weapon slot in League Play. Players will only be able to use a primary and secondary weapon, so if you want to run two primary weapons in League Play, you’ll need to pick one up from the ground.
Law Breaker will now only allow players to equip multiple Perks from the same Perk category. In addition, the Perk Greed Wildcard will now be restricted completely in League Play. Note: this only affects League Play, not Custom Games or CDL.
We’ve also added new Match Suspension penalties for players who quit mid-match or engage in friendly fire to ensure a better competitive experience for all players. These penalties will escalate with multiple offenses, so play nice or pay the price.
We couldn’t have asked for a better response to Outbreak’s launch from the Zombies community. Since its introduction, more players have played Black Ops Cold War Zombies than ever before, including at launch… and that’s a lot of zombie killers. We’re immensely thankful for the reception from the community so far, and we’re just getting started.
New Outbreak Content
Rather than introducing a single Zombies locale in Season Two, the team launched Outbreak with three massive regions to explore across the sprawling Ural Mountains in Russia. This week, we’re expanding our biggest Zombies experience yet with the massive new nighttime Sanatorium region, along with the new Secure Objective, new in-game Intel, new Dirt Bike vehicle, and even more secrets for players to discover.
Between our traditional round-based maps, the new large-scale experiences of Outbreak, and the co-op insanity of Dead Ops Arcade 3 and Onslaught, we’ve never offered so many ways for the community to enjoy Zombies – and we’re going to keep pushing the envelope in 2021. Looking ahead, the Dark Aether story will continue in Outbreak in Season Three, teeing up the events that will unfold throughout Black Ops Cold War Zombies in the seasons to come. Stay tuned.
Dead Ops Arcade 3 Updates
If you’ve been looking for even more reasons to jump into Dead Ops Arcade, this is the update you’ve been waiting for. Starting with Season Two Reloaded, players will now earn player XP and Battle Pass XP in Dead Ops Arcade 3, so you’ll always make progress toward Prestige Master and Battle Pass Tiers as you take on the dreaded Mamaback.
We’ve also added a new Silverback Slideways bonus map to the mix, as well as a ton of new gameplay updates, bug fixes, and stability improvements. Check out the patch notes below for the full list of changes, and get ready to squad up in Dead Ops!
New Onslaught LTM + Content (PS4/PS5)
Zombies fans on PlayStation can take on the new Containment limited-time mode in Onslaught for an intense new experience on the game’s Gunfight maps, along with a new Blueprint Challenge to earn the exclusive “Jungle Fighter” tactical rifle Blueprint.
Onslaught also receives a slew of new item drops, including Level 2 and Level 3 Armor, Ammo Mods and Aether Tool drops to upgrade your weapons, and new Bronze, Silver, and Gold Chalice drops that will Pack-a-Punch your weapon for the first time in Onslaught.
Blueprint Support, Stability & Bug Fixes + More
Players will now be able to apply any Weapon Blueprint they own to their weapon in the Pause menu in Zombies, including any weapon picked up or purchased from a Wall Buy! This update also includes a slate of stability fixes, gameplay improvements, and bug fixes across Outbreak, “Firebase Z,” “Die Maschine,” Dead Ops Arcade 3, and Onslaught – read on below for patch notes to see what’s new.
WEAPON TUNING UPDATE
We take weapon balancing seriously and make tuning decisions based on time-to-kill (TTK) data as each new weapon is introduced to the meta. As a rule of thumb, if it’s been a while since we’ve needed to implement large-scale tuning changes, that’s a good sign that the meta is generally well-balanced.
We want to thank our invested community for all the great feedback and gameplay data that we need to drive balance changes. We see how you play, and with billions of gameplay interactions at our fingertips, we’ve taken a fresh tuning pass across the Black Ops Cold War arsenal to ensure each weapon plays to its strengths without emerging as a clear frontrunner in its class.
New Tuning Changes
In Season Two Reloaded, we’ve implemented tuning to make the Krig 6, FFAR 1, and Groza more competitive in the assault rifle class, while adjusting the Milano 821, KSP 45, LC10, MAC-10, and AK-74u in the SMG class. We’ve also made specific performance tuning to the RPG-7, 1911, Magnum, and more.
These changes include complete tuning passes on Muzzle and Underbarrel attachments that affect Recoil on assault rifles and SMGs, increasing damage for rockets against enemies with Flak Jacket in Hardcore, and removing glint from sniper rifles with Iron Sights. Check out the full list of patch notes below for all the details.
Please note that these changes are only for Black Ops Cold War, and are not reflected in Warzone. For details on what’s coming in Warzone, be sure to follow @RavenSoftware on Twitter.
MORE TO COME
Later in the season, look for the introduction of Gunsmith Customs to create your own custom Blueprints, the launch of Gunfight Tournaments, and our sixth new weapon of the season: the devastating ZRG 20mm sniper rifle. As always, you can find more info on everything coming in Season Two Reloaded at the Call of Duty Blog.
Without further ado, here’s what’s coming at the launch of Season Two Reloaded in Black Ops Cold War, starting at 9PM PT tonight, March 29th / 12AM ET Tuesday, March 30th:
- Assault Rifles
- Krig 6
- Improved visibility while firing in ADS.
- Complete tuning pass on weapon accuracy, weapon movement, and visual clarity while firing with any Optic attachment.
- Addressed instances of the weapon feeling “floaty” when firing for a prolonged amount of time.
- FFAR 1
- Increased ballistic speed by 12.8%.
- Increased maximum damage range by 40%.
- Complete tuning pass on Muzzle and Underbarrel attachments that affect Recoil on assault rifles.
- Krig 6
- Submachine Guns
- Milano 821
- Increased mid-range damage by 10%.
- Increased mid-range damage range by 33%.
- Increased sprint out speed by 14.2%.
- Increased raise speed by 11%.
- Slightly increased ADS-in speed.
- KSP 45
- Increased ballistic speed by 32.5%.
- Reduced burst delay by 20%.
- Reduced accuracy with prolonged firing.
- Reduced muzzle velocity by 23.4%.
- Reduced max damage range by 41%.
- Slightly reduced mid-range damage.
- Modified bullet pattern to add slightly more horizontal trajectories.
- Complete tuning pass on Muzzle and Underbarrel attachments that affect Recoil on SMGs.
- Milano 821
- Light Machine Guns
- Light Machine Gun Alpha
- Reduced maximum damage range by 25%.
- Light Machine Gun Alpha
- Sniper Rifles
- Disabled glint effect on sniper rifles with Iron Sights equipped.
- Increased ADS speed by 11%.
- Slightly decreased hip-fire accuracy.
- Dual Wield: Bullet trajectories are now more varied when firing both guns simultaneously.
- Redesigned the 4.7” Takedown Barrel attachment into a “Tight Snub” Barrel. This attachment now adds damage to both enemies and vehicles.
- Slightly increased blast radius.
- Greatly increased length of straight rocket flight path.
- Rockets now inflict more damage to enemies with Flak Jacket in Hardcore. Still requires a direct hit for a 1-hit kill.
- Infantry V-Choke
- Updated attachment description to clarify pros and cons.
- Infantry V-Choke
- Weapon Progression
- Players can now earn Weapon XP and Challenge progress by using any weapon, even if they do not currently own it (for example, using another player’s weapon picked up from the ground that the player does not currently own).
- Slightly reduced speed of changing stances from stand, crouch, and prone. Additional adjustments to come to address remaining disparity between 1st-person and 3rd-person perspectives.
- Added Vehicles section.
- Addressed an issue with the “Killed By” stat not tracking properly.
- Miami Strike (6v6)
- Miami Strike added to 6v6 rotation in Multiplayer modes.
- Miami Strike will replace the original Miami map in all core modes with the exception of Combined Arms, Search & Destroy, and VIP Escort.
- Miami Strike 24/7 playlist also available at launch.
- Mansion (2v2, 3v3)
- Mansion added to rotation in Gunfight and Face Off.
- Golova (Multi-Team)
- Golova added to rotation in Multi-Team modes.
- Hardpoint: Addressed an issue that allowed players to capture P3 Hardpoint outside of the intended boundary.
- The Pines
- Control: Adjusted Zone B to allow capturing against the pizza counter.
- Hardpoint: Adjusted distance of spawns from P1 to each side of the map to reduce chances of spawning beside or behind enemy team.
- Control: Extended Zone A up to the platform outside of “green” room.
- Control: Conditional Attacker spawns added to reduce travel time to Zone A.
- Hardpoint: Removed spawns that were too close to P2 and P5.
- Hardpoint: Added a larger spread of spawns for P1, P2, and P3 to reduce chances of spawning behind enemy team.
- Miami (Original)
- Scaled down bullet collision on the Miami Patrol van.
- Multi-Team Hardpoint
- New Multiplayer mode added to Multi-Team.
- 10 squads of four fight for multiple Hardpoints at a time. Each set of Hardpoints lasts 120 seconds before rotating to the next locations.
- Teams will earn 1 point every second for all teammates inside of a Hardpoint.
- The first squad to reach 1,000 points wins the match.
- Prop Hunt
- Miami Strike and Satellite added to map rotation.
- Refreshed prop rotation for several existing maps.
- Addressed an issue where the Best Play prop camera could appear underground.
- New Custom Game Options added:
- Time Per Segment: The amount of time added onto the current round time limit when a zone segment is captured.
- Overtime Rules: Determines whether Overtime Defense is given to the team with the most kills or the most zone segments captured during the previous rounds.
- New Custom Game Options added:
- Added Gunfight mode-specific Medals.
- Battle Chatter now disabled in Gunfight and Gunfight variants.
- VIP Escort
- Addressed an issue where the player could hear incorrect VO lines when beginning a round as the VIP.
- Addressed an issue where teammates could spawn on top of one another after a team wipe respawn.
- Enemy red dots will now be prioritized on top of objective icons on the mini-map.
- Miami Strike 24/7 [NEW]
- Multi-Team Hardpoint – Golova [NEW]
- Multi-Team Moshpit [NEW]
- Moshpit of Multi-Team modes, including 40-Player Hardpoint on Ruka, Alpine, Sanatorium, and Golova.
- Prop Hunt [NEW]
- Snipers Only Moshpit
- Nuketown 24/7
- Face Off
- Flashbang/Stunned Challenges are now easier to complete.
- Fog of War
- Addressed inconsistencies with the Smoke Grenade Cover Assists combat stat.
- Addressed issues with “Fog of War” Challenge and “Sight Unseen” Medal not tracking properly with the Danger Close Wildcard equipped.
- Updated Challenge description for clarity.
- Gestures can now be used before the round starts.
- Updated messaging when a player is kicked from the party.
- Addressed and issue where players on Mounted Turrets could be immune to Dirt Bike vehicles.
- Addressed an issue where VO would say “No Targets Destroyed” if the Attack Helicopter was destroyed with a Cruise Missile.
- Law Breaker
- Law Breaker in League Play will no longer allow any weapon to be put into either weapon slot. Players will only be able to use a Primary and Secondary weapon.
- Law Breaker will now only allow players to equip multiple Perks from the same Perk category.
- Perk Greed
- Perk Greed is now restricted completely.
- Players who quit out of active matches or are kicked for friendly fire will now be issued a matchmaking suspension for a period of time.
- Penalties will escalate if the player continues to quit out of matches or is consistently kicked for friendly fire.
- Extended placement bracket to include Top 25 and Top 50.
- Updated gem representation in Rank Progression screen.
- Updated Ladder Event Complete screen with new gem celebration animation.
- Added location to the top of the League Play Ladder to showcase current placement gems.
- New Region
- Sanatorium (Night) region added to Outbreak.
- New Objective
- Secure Objective added to Outbreak.
- New Vehicle
- Dirt Bike vehicle added to Outbreak.
- New Intel
- New Audio Logs and Radio Transmissions added for players to discover in the Ural Mountains.
- Added fixes for various crashes related to Objectives, Trials, the RAI-K 84, and the Frost Blast Field Upgrade.
- Addressed various issues where players could fall out of the map on Alpine.
- Addressed an issue where players could get stuck in a planter on Golova.
- Addressed an issue where the Golden Chest could push vehicles under the map.
- Addressed an issue where kills with vehicles were not always contributing to the Dragon Relic.
- Players will now take damage from the Dragon Relic rocket thrusters when it takes off. Look out below!
- Reduced duration of Holdout Objective by 30 seconds.
- Added Ammo Cache to the Holdout Objective space in Alpine.
- Cleaned up areas that were interfering with barricading and shooting out of windows in the Golova Holdout Objective.
- The Defend console now takes more damage from Hellhounds.
- Addressed an issue where picking up the specimen head while prone could prevent the player from being able to deposit it during the Defend Objective.
- Addressed an issue where the progress bar for depositing the canister could break during the Retrieve Objective.
- Enemies will no longer de-spawn when the Payload teleports.
- Addressed various zombie pathing issues in Ruka, Alpine, and Golova.
- Addressed an issue where Manglers could still use their arm cannons and Krasny Soldats could still use their jet packs after they were destroyed by Energy Mines.
- Addressed an issue where damage from the Tempest was not mitigated by Armor.
- Addressed an issue where zombies would ignore players when another player deployed a Cymbal Monkey and left the match.
- Field Upgrades
- Addressed an issue where Field Upgrades could be reset after switching classes and warping to another region.
- Addressed an issue where Field Upgrade charge was not reset when changing classes.
- Addressed an issue where Elites were not being counted toward the Outbreak Eliminations challenge.
- Addressed an issue where Trials challenges were duplicating earlier than intended.
- Addressed an issue where players were unable to re-roll attachments on some weapons after upgrading them at the Pack-a-Punch machine.
- Closed an exploit that allowed duplication of the Ray Gun or RAI-K 84 using the Pack-a-Punch machine.
- Addressed an issue where players with a full stack of Equipment had the option to pick up that same Equipment and drop their stack.
- Support weapons that use ammo will no longer be refilled when warping to another region.
- Firebase Z
- Addressed an issue where cross-platform players were unable to load into a Private match.
- Closed an exploit in the Village where zombies were unable to attack the player.
- Closed an exploit that allowed players to leave the map in Rocky Defense.
- Closed an exploit that allowed accessing the Teleporter before purchasing the first door.
- Die Maschine
- Addressed an issue where the D.I.E. Shockwave could be obtained through the door to its location.
- Added various crash fixes related to side quests.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Players now earn player XP and Battle Pass progression in all Dead Ops Arcade modes (subject to additional tuning).
- Bonus Maps
- New Silverback Slideways bonus map added to rotation.
- Increased Key spawn rates and added additional Key locations.
- Tuned the number of hits a player can absorb in The Wild before dying.
- Tuned life donation rewards.
- Added fixes for various shield-type pickups not properly crediting their owner with kills.
- Addressed an issue where spinning Chickens could potentially kill the player with sawblades.
- Addressed an issue where players were sometimes unable to leave the Deadly Dungeon when collecting the ladder.
- Addressed an issue where players could be left behind when the Dungeon was triggered.
- Addressed an issue where the Flogger Trap could cause unintentional player deaths.
- Added various exploit fixes.
- Boss / Underboss level enemies will now kill in one shot regardless of whether the player is in First Person.
- Reduced explosive damage range of Meatballs when they die.
- Addressed an issue that could result in spawning invisible enemies.
- Addressed an issue where the Spider could launch the player’s vehicle out of the map.
- Addressed an issue where bodies could disappear in certain graphical modes.
- Addressed an issue where some particle effects were not playing on enemies.
- Addressed an issue where special particle effects could remain on-screen instead of being cleaned up.
- Addressed an issue where selecting the Flip Bumper controller setting could create a conflict when switching from First Person mode to classic mode.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Players are now able to immediately quit the match after a host migration occurs in Dead Ops Arcade 3.
- Battle to contain the forces of the Dark Aether and survive an intense new experience on close-quarters Gunfight maps.
- Blueprint Challenge
- Complete the latest Blueprint Challenge unlock the exclusive “Jungle Fighter” tactical rifle Weapon Blueprint.
- New Item Drops
- Level 2 and Level 3 Armor drops now available.
- Ammo Mod drops now available that apply a random alternate ammo type to your weapon.
- Aether Tool drops now available that upgrade your weapon.
- Bronze, Silver, and Gold Chalice drops now available that will Pack-a-Punch your weapon, once earned.
- Server Pause
- Server pause now available in Private Onslaught matches.
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Containment [NEW] (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Nuketown (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Apocalypse (PS4/PS5)
- Apply Blueprint
- Players can now apply any Weapon Blueprint they own to their weapon in the Pause menu, including any weapon picked up or acquired from a Wall Buy.
- Dead Wire
- Dead Wire Tier V now correctly spreads to 3 targets instead of 5.
- Addressed an issue where Dead Wire was doing the same amount of tick damage to zombies and special enemies.
- Elemental Pop
- Tuned down intensity of FX on Tier V electric discharge for Elemental Pop.
- Addressed an issue where some players could get stuck at the Pause screen in Zombies.
- Addressed instances where players were not put into the same party after accepting an invite.
- Addressed an issue in “End of the Line” where the player could fall through the ground after using a turret.
- Addressed a rare crash that could occur when entering or quitting a mission.
SOURCE: Treyarch / Call of Duty Blog
Season 1 Vanguard update set to sync progression from Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Treyarch’s latest announcement has detailed how Black Ops Cold War progression will sync to Vanguard with upcoming update.
As season 6 of Black Ops Cold War comes to a close, the devs have announced that an update will allow progress earned in last year’s title to sync to Vanguard.
Call of Duty players have just received confirmation that playing previous Call of Duty titles will work toward progressing in Vanguard. A new update is set to hit Black Ops Cold War on December 6th in preparation for the massive launch of Vanguard Season 1 on December 8.
The patch notes detail synchronized progression with Vanguard as well as new Prestige Levels and rewards, Season Challenge unlocks for the past six seasons, new Prestige Shop content, and weapon balancing.
Black Ops Cold War fans will be happy to hear that the game is going to continue to receive updates alongside Call of Duty: Vanguard. The latest announcement from Treyarch shares plenty of info concerning shared progression across Call of Duty titles.
Players will enjoy synced progression from each of Modern Warfare, Black Ops Cold War, and Warzone toward Vanguard. This may seem complicated but it just means that playing any of the three titles mentioned above will earn progression for Vanguard.
Synced progression entails unlocking Military Rank, weapons, Equipment, and Killstreaks. In addition, there will be a ton of interesting details such as allowing players to showcase their lifetime Prestige number earned across past titles.
Some changes will go live on December 6 while the rest will occur on December 8.
- Synchronized Military Ranks and Prestige Levels
- Military Rank and Prestige Level progression will be synchronized with Vanguard at the launch of Season One.
- All players will begin the season at the Military Rank or Prestige Level they have currently reached in Vanguard, or Military Rank 1 if they have not played Vanguard yet.
- Players can progress Vanguard Military Ranks in Black Ops Cold War, Warzone, and Modern Warfare to unlock weapons, Equipment, Killstreaks, and other content for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
- Prestige Rewards
- Complete Military Ranks 1-55 to start a new Prestige journey, with new Prestige Levels to unlock across Black Ops Cold War, Vanguard, Warzone, and Modern Warfare.
- In Season One, players can earn up to Prestige 7 as they progress their Season Level. Four additional Prestige Levels will be added per season.
- Each Prestige Level awards a Prestige Key, Tier Skip, Emblem, and Sticker in Black Ops Cold War.
- Reach Season Level 50 in Season One to unlock the exclusive “Duck Hunt” Weapon Blueprint for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
- Lifetime Prestige
- Lifetime Prestige display added to Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at the start of Vanguard Season One that display the total number of Prestige Levels earned across previous seasons and in Vanguard.
- Prestige Master Ribbons
- Players can now continue their Black Ops Cold War Prestige Master Ribbon progression. Each season, a new Prestige Master Ribbon will be added to the current six Black Ops Cold War Prestige Master Ribbons.
- Players can progress their Prestige Master Ribbons in Black Ops Cold War, Vanguard, Warzone, and Modern Warfare by reaching Prestige Master at Season Level 200.
- Players can now catch up on missed Prestige Master Ribbons each time they earn 200 Season Levels in a season. For example, reaching Season Level 400 will award two Prestige Master Ribbons, if available.
- Black Ops Cold War Prestige Icons will be unlocked and available in the Prestige Shop for anyone who earned them in previous seasons.
- Players can now equip any acquired Prestige Icon (1-27) as long as they’ve reached Prestige Master at least once in a current or previous season.
- Players do not need to currently be Prestige Master to access Custom Prestige Icons in the Prestige Shop.
- Equipped Prestige Icons will no longer be reset at the start of each season.
- All previous Black Ops Cold War Season Challenges will be revealed and can be progressed by players who hadn’t revealed them over the course of previous seasons. Legacy Season Challenges can continue to be progressed in Black Ops Cold War.
- Starting with Season One, players can access and progress new Multiplayer Season Challenges in Vanguard and Warzone, as well as Zombies Season Challenges in Vanguard.
Weapon Unlock Challenges
- .410 Ironhide
- Weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the .410 Ironhide Shotgun.
- Weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the Grav Assault Rifle.
Weapon Tuning (Dec. 6)
- Reduced Damage Range from 3.81m to 3.68m.
- Increased Damage drop-off when fired beyond 3.68m.
- Dragon’s Breath Attachment
- Now has a -5% effect on Fire Rate.
- Increased Damage Range penalty from -25% to -35%.
- Reduced Damage bonus from +17% to +16%.
- 12.1″ Extended Barrel
- Reduced Damage Range bonus from +20% to +15%.
- Updated Lobby theming in Multiplayer and Zombies.
Zombies (Dec 6)
- Closed an exploit during the Main Quest boss fight.
- Added “Not Enough Essence” prompt to the Arcade Token dispenser when the player does not have enough Essence to purchase a token.
Mauer der Toten
- Addressed an issue where a texture was not appearing correctly after melting the door during the Main Quest.
- Enemies killed by Brain Rot zombies will now contribute toward the Dragon Relic World Event.
- Added Onslaught Containment and Onslaught Deprogram to offline Local play.
- Fixed stability issues related to the Arsenal.
That covers everything from the upcoming Black Ops Cold War update. If you’re enjoying Vanguard, be sure to check out how this update impacts your gaming experience on December 8.
For more Vanguard content, check out why Zombies players are disappointed with Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Treyarch
Will you be able to use Cold War and Modern Warfare weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Our quick and easy guide will answer the question of whether or not players can use Cold War and Modern Warfare guns in Warzone Pacific.
One question on everyone’s mind ahead of Warzone Pacific’s Caldera map is whether or not you’ll be able to use Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s guns in it. We will answer that for you today.
Call of Duty: Warzone already has a ridiculously bloated arsenal of weapons for players to choose from. With over 100 guns to select as of Warzone Season 6, the transition into Warzone Pacific and the new Caldera map will see all of Vanguard’s guns added.
Can you use Modern Warfare and Cold War weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Fans of any of Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s weapons will be pleased to know that they too will also be carrying over into Warzone Pacific.
In an exclusive interview with Dexerto, Zach Hodson, Lead Designer at Sledgehammer Games discussed how Vanguard’s weapons will have to be considered when being added to all the other existing guns in the game.
He said that SHG has to keep a “separate balance sheet to track how things might work in Warzone.” Presumably, this is to factor in the extra 40 guns, taking Warzone up to a total of about 150 guns for players to use.
It should be noted that Warzone Pacific game modes will tailor the guns to its different game modes. Warzone Caldera Battle Royale will allow the use of all guns, whereas Vanguard-specific modes will only allow the use of Vanguard weapons.
How to use Cold War & MW weapons in Warzone Pacific
Whilst there’s nothing concrete just yet, we think that to use these weapons in Warzone Pacific, players will simply be able to select the ones they have unlocked once the Season 1 integration with Vanguard goes live.
When Black Ops Cold War and Warzone merged, it was a simple case of players being able to use the guns that they’d unlocked in Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone. If you hadn’t unlocked a certain gun, then you could complete a challenge condition that was different in each game.
We expect this to be exactly the same in Warzone Pacific, and it’ll be up to the preference of the player, and their availability of each CoD game, to decide how to unlock particular weapons.
We’ll be sure to update this once Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have provided a bit more official insight into the integration of weapons.
In the meantime, check out everything we know about Vanguard and Warzone Season 1.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Sledgehammer Games
Cold War players claim they’ll boycott game as “best mode” removal sparks fury
Black Ops Cold War fans are claiming they will boycott the game after the “best mode” was removed, days before Vanguard’s release.
Hours before Vanguard’s release, players are claiming they’ll boycott Black Ops Cold War following the removal of the game’s “best mode.”
With Activision releasing a new Call of Duty annually, each game’s lifespan is two years tops. Some CoD titles will fizzle out before then, while others hang on for dear life near the end of year two.
Vanguard aims to take players back to WWII. Many fans have expressed their disappointment with returning to an oversaturated time period. So much so that players had planned on sticking with Black Ops Cold War for a second year.
However, players’ plans to stick with BOCW changed after the recent removal of the fan-favorite 12v12 mode. This isn’t the first time Treyarch removed this mode, but fans have reason to believe it won’t be coming back.
Fans boycott Cold War following 12v12 removal
Just days before Vanguard’s release, Treyarch has pulled the plug on Black Ops Cold War’s 12v12 mode. And of course, fans are furious. Players that had planned to stick with BOCW for a second year are now boycotting the game until 12v12 is reinstated.
Many fans have taken to Twitter and Reddit to express their disappointment. Tweets from users like chaigrima and ColvinoYT state that 12v12 was the “only reason” they played CW Multiplayer.
Replies to posts similar to these are from fans stating they won’t be returning to BOCW until 12v12 is reinstated. And a Reddit post from u/RagingSerenity claims that 12v12 was BOCW’s “best game mode” and the game is boring now that it’s gone.
For the most part, fans understand why Treyarch removed the game mode. Activision wants Vanguard to sell as many copies as possible at launch. And one of the best ways to do so is to throttle players’ enjoyment of a previous title.
With so many players flooding Vanguards servers over the coming days, Activision may also need to free up server space. Nonetheless, BOCW fans are still outraged at the removal of 12v12. And it’s hard to say whether Treyarch can justify bringing it back after the release of Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
“Scam” Vanguard MP40 Blueprint gives players a completely different gun
Players are calling the new Rune MP40 Blueprint a "scam" after the weapon fails to load into Vanguard Multiplayer matches.
JGOD reveals fastest “TTK” Welgun loadout that beats the MP40
JGOD has revealed his best class setup for the Warzone Welgun when it comes to TTK, claiming it even outperforms...
Fortnite 19.10 update early patch notes: Downtime, bug fixes & Tilted Towers returns
Fortnite's next major update is expected to bring back a fan-favorite POI, so here's everything you need to know about...