Following Warzone and Cold War Season 5 Reloaded, ‘The Numbers’ event will arrive, which is expected to continue the mystery of the Red Doors and Numbers Program. Here’s everything we know about the event, including its start date, challenges, and rewards.
Mysterious Red Doors appeared in Verdansk at the launch of Season 4, teleporting players to rooms filled with high-tier loot and Killstreaks. These doors started behaving more erratically in Season 5, bringing players to a mysterious corridor, dropping them from the sky, and even disappearing.
The new season also added mysterious mobile broadcast stations around Verdansk, and now with the Warzone and Cold War The Numbers event live, the community may get some answers regarding the Red Doors and mobile broadcast stations during Season 5 Reloaded.
Here’s when the event will begin, its challenges, and the exclusive rewards you can earn.
What is Warzone Season 5’s The Numbers event?
Warzone Season 5 brought Mobile Broadcast Stations to Verdansk. These were relatively inactive at the start of the season but “seem to be stirring.” They’ll soon begin “amplifying the ‘Dragovich Program’ tapes – A.K.A. the Numbers broadcasts – across the region.”
For this event, players will need to investigate these Broadcast Stations and will earn a pile of rewards for doing so.
Warzone Season 5 The Numbers event start and end date
As part of the Season 5 Reloaded announcement, Call of Duty devs revealed that the event kicked off on September 21 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM BST and will end on October 5 at 9 PM PT/ 11 PM CT/ 12 PM ET / 5 AM BST (October 6) in Black Ops Cold War.
The Numbers event will conclude in Warzone on October 6 at 9 PM PST/ 11 PM CST/ 12 PM EST / 5 AM BST (October 7)
- Read more: How to get Warzone’s new Speed Boost powerup
Warzone and Cold War The Numbers event challenges
This is a seasonal event. There are nine challenges to complete in both Warzone and Cold War to earn exclusive rewards. Devs revealed that in Warzone, you must activate the Mobile Broadcast Stations, and the more you activate, the more rewards you’ll earn.
Also, as an in-game incentive to visit these Stations, you’ll get “An instant $5,000 Cash bonus in the current match” that you can spend on Loadouts, Killstreaks, or anything else to help you secure the win.
You can find all of the Warzone and Cold War The Numbers event challenges below:
- In Warzone, activate or listen to the Mobile Broadcast station northwest of the Military Base
- In Warzone, activate or listen to the Mobile Broadcast station south of the Port
- In Warzone, activate or listen to the Mobile Broadcast station north of the Airport
- In Warzone, activate or listen to the Mobile Broadcast station west of the Train Station
- In Warzone, activate or listen to the Mobile Broadcast station between the Boneyard and Superstore
- In Warzone, activate or listen to the Mobile Broadcast station east of the Salt Mine
- In Warzone, activate or listen to the Mobile Broadcast station at the Farmland
- In Warzone, activate or listen to the Mobile Broadcast station at the Hills
- In Warzone, activate or listen to the Mobile Broadcast station southwest of the TV Station
Black Ops Cold War
- Complete 3 Multiplayer matches on Zoo or earn Objective Milestones in Outbreak Survival
- Win a Multiplayer Demolition match or earn 2 or more Zombies Round or Objective Milestones and Exfil successfully
- Get a total of 50 Eliminations in Multiplayer or Slaughter Medals in Zombies (killed 5 enemies rapidly)
- Get 10 kills with Lethal Equipment in Multiplayer or earn Lethal Equipment multi kill medals in Zombies
- Earn 25000 total Multiplayer Score or Zombies Essence
- Get 3 Multiplayer kills without dying or recover 500 health with food items in a region of Outbreak Survival 3 times
- Get 5 kills with Scorestreaks in Multiplayer or earn Support multi kill medals in Zombies
- Get 5 kills with or assisted by your Field Upgrades in Multiplayer or earn Field Upgrade multi kill Medals in Zombies
- Earn 3 multi kills in Multiplayer or Eliminate Elite enemies in Zombies
Warzone and Cold War The Numbers event rewards
You can find all of the Warzone and Cold War The Numbers event rewards that are now available for players to earn by completing the challenges above below:
Black Ops Cold War
And for completing all nine The Numbers challenges in either Warzone or Cold War, you’ll unlock the Sai melee weapon. This is a dual-wield weapon that “allows for improved agility and fast attacks.”
That’s all we know about Warzone Season 5’s The Numbers event, but stay tuned to Charlie INTEL for all updates.
Also, check out all of the game-changing weapon buffs and nerfs in Warzone Season 5 Reloaded.
Image Credit: Activision
When does Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 start? Season 6 end date
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 6 is set to make way for Vanguard Season 1, here’s everything we know about when it will happen.
Call of Duty: Vanguard is finally here, but players will have to wait a little longer for the game’s first season. Here’s everything we know about Vanguard & Warzone Season 1, including release date and content.
After months of anticipation, Call of Duty: Vanguard has finally arrived, taking players back in time to World War II for all-out combat across the world. While Vanguard dropped on November 5, players will have to wait a little longer for the first season, and the content it will bring with it.
Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 start date
The sixth season of Black Ops Cold War and Warzone will end on Thursday, December 2, 2021, bringing an end to the Treyarch game’s run. Vanguard Season 1 will officially kick off on December 8.
Vanguard owners will have 24-hour exclusive first play access to the Caldera map. Open access begins on Dec. 9. So, if you’re looking to get on the new map early, make sure you purchase Vanguard!
Vanguard will have been out nearly a month by this point, making it the ideal time to bring in the new Warzone Caldera map and WW2 weapons set to drop with the first season, as well as the long-awaited introduction of anti-cheat.
This isn’t to say that Black Ops Cold War will be forgotten, as Modern Warfare has still received content updates in the last year.
Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 content
Season 1 will be hugely important for both games, with major content coming to both Vanguard and Warzone.
For Vanguard, players will receive new multiplayer maps to explore and do battle on, along with the first Vanguard-specific Battle Pass, filled with new cosmetic content for players to enjoy.
- Read More: Best FOV settings for CoD: Vanguard
Season 1 is set to be one of the biggest Warzone updates ever, with the new Pacific Caldera map finally releasing, Vanguard weapons being added, and the introduction of the new RICOCHET anti-cheat system.
What’s happening before Vanguard & Warzone Season 1
While December 8th will be when all of the official Vanguard and Warzone Season 1 action will be kicking off, there is still plenty of action to enjoy in the remaining time of Black Ops Cold War Season 6.
You can find the official schedule for all of the content coming to Warzone and Black Ops Cold War ahead of Vanguard Season 1 below thanks to the Call of Duty blog.
- October 28 (Console) and November 2 (PC): Call of Duty: Vanguard Pre-Loading Begins – Pre-order now to get your game ready to play immediately at launch, in addition to numerous bonuses across Vanguard, Black Ops Cold War, and Warzone.
- November 5: Call of Duty: Vanguard Launch – Expect epic experiences on all fronts with Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies. Additionally, RICOCHET Anti-Cheat begins its implementation with server-side initiatives.
- November 5 to December 2: Preseason in Vanguard – Access to Free Vanguard Tiers on the Black Ops Cold War Season Six Battle Pass System continues. Then on November 17, prepare to ship off to a fan-favorite map.
- November 18: Operation: Flashback Begins in Warzone – An encore limited-time mode for Verdansk, celebrating its past 18 months of hosting over 100 million players strong in Warzone. Ready for your last dance in Verdansk?
- November 24: Uncover the “Secrets of the Pacific” – Get intel on Caldera and its new points of interest through this event’s Warzone and Vanguard Multiplayer challenges.
- November 30 and December 1: Last Hours of Verdansk. – Bombs away – see what happens to Verdansk before Warzone goes dark to prepare for Caldera and Season One.
- December 8: Season One Begins – Vanguard players get new Multiplayer maps, 24 hours of exclusive access to Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Pacific and more to kick off Season One. All players can enjoy a new Battle Pass system and two free functional weapons. Plus: RICOCHET Anti-Cheat’s driver begins its rollout in Warzone.
In the meantime, players will be able to enjoy the first month of Vanguard and to get the most out of your WWII experience, check out our guide on the best controller and aim assist settings, or when the next Double XP event will take place.
Image credits: Activision
Will you be able to use Cold War and Modern Warfare weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Our quick and easy guide will answer the question of whether or not players can use Cold War and Modern Warfare guns in Warzone Pacific.
One question on everyone’s mind ahead of Warzone Pacific’s Caldera map is whether or not you’ll be able to use Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s guns in it. We will answer that for you today.
Call of Duty: Warzone already has a ridiculously bloated arsenal of weapons for players to choose from. With over 100 guns to select as of Warzone Season 6, the transition into Warzone Pacific and the new Caldera map will see all of Vanguard’s guns added.
Can you use Modern Warfare and Cold War weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Fans of any of Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s weapons will be pleased to know that they too will also be carrying over into Warzone Pacific.
In an exclusive interview with Dexerto, Zach Hodson, Lead Designer at Sledgehammer Games discussed how Vanguard’s weapons will have to be considered when being added to all the other existing guns in the game.
He said that SHG has to keep a “separate balance sheet to track how things might work in Warzone.” Presumably, this is to factor in the extra 40 guns, taking Warzone up to a total of about 150 guns for players to use.
It should be noted that Warzone Pacific game modes will tailor the guns to its different game modes. Warzone Caldera Battle Royale will allow the use of all guns, whereas Vanguard-specific modes will only allow the use of Vanguard weapons.
How to use Cold War & MW weapons in Warzone Pacific
Whilst there’s nothing concrete just yet, we think that to use these weapons in Warzone Pacific, players will simply be able to select the ones they have unlocked once the Season 1 integration with Vanguard goes live.
When Black Ops Cold War and Warzone merged, it was a simple case of players being able to use the guns that they’d unlocked in Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone. If you hadn’t unlocked a certain gun, then you could complete a challenge condition that was different in each game.
We expect this to be exactly the same in Warzone Pacific, and it’ll be up to the preference of the player, and their availability of each CoD game, to decide how to unlock particular weapons.
We’ll be sure to update this once Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have provided a bit more official insight into the integration of weapons.
In the meantime, check out everything we know about Vanguard and Warzone Season 1.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Sledgehammer Games
Cold War players claim they’ll boycott game as “best mode” removal sparks fury
Black Ops Cold War fans are claiming they will boycott the game after the “best mode” was removed, days before Vanguard’s release.
Hours before Vanguard’s release, players are claiming they’ll boycott Black Ops Cold War following the removal of the game’s “best mode.”
With Activision releasing a new Call of Duty annually, each game’s lifespan is two years tops. Some CoD titles will fizzle out before then, while others hang on for dear life near the end of year two.
Vanguard aims to take players back to WWII. Many fans have expressed their disappointment with returning to an oversaturated time period. So much so that players had planned on sticking with Black Ops Cold War for a second year.
However, players’ plans to stick with BOCW changed after the recent removal of the fan-favorite 12v12 mode. This isn’t the first time Treyarch removed this mode, but fans have reason to believe it won’t be coming back.
Fans boycott Cold War following 12v12 removal
Just days before Vanguard’s release, Treyarch has pulled the plug on Black Ops Cold War’s 12v12 mode. And of course, fans are furious. Players that had planned to stick with BOCW for a second year are now boycotting the game until 12v12 is reinstated.
Many fans have taken to Twitter and Reddit to express their disappointment. Tweets from users like chaigrima and ColvinoYT state that 12v12 was the “only reason” they played CW Multiplayer.
Replies to posts similar to these are from fans stating they won’t be returning to BOCW until 12v12 is reinstated. And a Reddit post from u/RagingSerenity claims that 12v12 was BOCW’s “best game mode” and the game is boring now that it’s gone.
For the most part, fans understand why Treyarch removed the game mode. Activision wants Vanguard to sell as many copies as possible at launch. And one of the best ways to do so is to throttle players’ enjoyment of a previous title.
With so many players flooding Vanguards servers over the coming days, Activision may also need to free up server space. Nonetheless, BOCW fans are still outraged at the removal of 12v12. And it’s hard to say whether Treyarch can justify bringing it back after the release of Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
CoD Vanguard’s biggest post-match mystery finally answered
Vanguard players have been wondering about a certain mechanic that occurs as matches end. That burning question has now been...
Mindblowing Battlefield 2042 feature lets players grapple onto literal tornadoes
Battlefield 2042 players have noticed an odd trick that allows players to utilize a grappling hook and tornadoes for movement.
Frustrated Vanguard players demand return of powerful Trophy System Field Upgrade
With Tactical and Lethal grenades running rampant in Vanguard, players are begging the devs to reintroduce the Trophy System Field...