Warzone devs Raven Software dropped a new update on September 2 bringing the highly-anticipated Serpentine nerf, improvements to the Gas Mask, a Supply Box UAV buff, and bug fixes. Here are the full Warzone September 2 update patch notes.
On top of the highly-requested Gas Mask toggle feature, the devs brought an initial nerf to Serpentine with a second change confirmed for later in the season. That second nerf arrived with the September 2 update, alongside adjustments to the Operation: Last Call mode, changes to the 8-Bit EX1 Blueprint, and improved the new Gas Mask mechanics.
Here are the full September 2 patch notes for Warzone Season 5.
Serpentine Perk nerfed again in Warzone September 2 update
Warzone players have been fighting against Serpentine ever since it arrived, and the devs have nerfed it a couple of times now. Players still didn’t feel it was enough, so with Season 5’s September 2 update, Serpentine will only work while Tactical Sprinting.
The devs “expect that this change, along with the existing hard counters that are available in “Frangible – Disabling” and the VG gunperk “Disable” will result in both a more consistent engagement experience and encourage further exploration of weapon builds.”
Warzone September 2 update patch notes
Operation: Last Call Adjustments
This limited-time, Heroes-versus-Villains-themed Mode is currently live and available for all Players to experience until September 14th. We’ve made a couple of small adjustments that we think will help improve the experience:
- Event tokens now reward 200 points, up from 100 points
- This applies to Event tokens acquired in other Modes as well
- Bombs and Defuse Kits have been reenabled in the Buy Station
We’ve seen positive reactions to the “8-Bit Warfare” Mastercraft Bundle and the included “NOCLIP” EX1 (VG) Blueprint. That said, we’ve also heard feedback that Players have found the overlaid, low-framerate retro gaming filter to be overwhelming and, in some cases, even causing nausea. We have therefore made a change to remove this filter so that the Blueprint still looks 8-bit but plays like a glorious modern day Weapon.
- Supply Box UAV Adjustment
- Removed Resurgence Supply Boxes from appearing on Supply Box UAV scans to focus the scan on the best Supply Boxes.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Gas Mask Adjustments
- Gas Masks will now appear in the first slot of the Quick Inventory Menu for easier access during engagements for players using the Manual Gas Mask toggle.
- Improved Manual Gas Mask text in the settings menu to better detail how players manually equip the Gas Mask.
- Fixed additional collision issues with various elements across Caldera/Fortune’s Keep allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing the idle/unlooted sound effect of Event tokens to be louder than intended.
- Fixed an issue with Operation: Last Call causing the incorrect victory banner to appear if a team wins during overtime.
- Fixed an issue preventing Field Upgrades and Equipment from being destroyed when placed in lava.
- Fixed an issue causing the Serpentine Perk icon to appear even if the Player was not under the effects of it.
- Serpentine is now only active while in Tactical Sprint.
We’ve updated Serpentine to now only be in effect during Tactical Sprint instead of regular Sprint. We expect that this change, along with the existing hard counters that are available in “Frangible – Disabling” and the VG Gunperk “Disable” will result in both a more consistent engagement experience and encourage further exploration of weapon builds.
For more on Call of Duty, be sure to check out how to watch the Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer reveal at Call of Duty Next.
Source: Raven Software
Image Credit: Activision
FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Squad Battles: Format, ranks & rewards
Squad Battles is a great way to grind offline in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team, so here’s our guide on the...
Overwatch 2: Release date, platforms, Heroes, maps, more
Blizzard Entertainment have revealed some new Overwatch 2 details, including the release date, new Heroes, changes to PVP, and more.
Infinity Ward address Modern Warfare 2 changes arriving at launch: Footstep audio, visibility, more
Infinity Ward's latest blog post details the changes they will look to apply to Modern Warfare 2 following beta feedback.