Raven Software is releasing the latest patch update, version 1.34, for CoD Warzone on March 30 at 11PM PT.
The new update, which is version 1.34, brings new updates and file size management changes to Call of Duty: Warzone as Season 2 Reloaded kicks off across both Black Ops Cold War & Warzone.
Version 1.34 update size is as follows and more details on the file management changes are available here:
- PlayStation 5: 52.0 GB
- PlayStation 4: 52.0 GB
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 57.8 GB
- Xbox One: 57.8 GB
- PC: 52.4 GB (Warzone Only) / 133.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
Raven Software has released the patch notes for the new update, which includes a nerf for the AUG, dev error fixes, attachments updates, and more for Warzone.
The full patch notes follow below.
- Fixed Dev Error 6634 for Xbox.
- Fixed subtitles for Sims, Beck, and Garcia.
- Armor should now spawn consistently as ground loot across all matches.
- The Tactical Map has been updated:
- You can now double-click to place a Danger Ping.
- When hovering over some pingable objects you’ll now sometimes get the name of the object, making it easier to see what you’re pointing at.
- It should now be slightly easier to point at exactly what you want when items are very close to one another.
- Changed “Delete Pings” text to “Remove My Pings”.
- On Rebirth Island, an out of map exploit was fixed near Chemical Engineering.
- In Plunder, Self Revive can now be dropped via the Quick Inventory menu.
- With keyboard/mouse or any Bumper Ping control scheme, holding the Ping button down for a short time will let you clear all your placed pings at once.
- The Cold War AUG’s base recoil magnitude has been increased.
- Cold War weapon unlocks now appear properly in the After Action Report.
- The Suppressor muzzle now correctly displays muzzle flash concealment as a pro.
- The Cavalry Lancer barrel now increases damage done to vehicles.
- Smooth zoom/variable zoom scopes will now properly mount on vertical walls.
- Fixed some ADS firing animation issues on scopes.
- Fixed a bug where some Cold War barrels were not having their intended effects.
- Baker’s fourth Operator Mission Objective to eliminate 15 enemies using a weapon with an attached 2x magnified scope or greater now tracks properly.
The Season Two Reloaded update will have a download size of approximately 52.0 – 57.8 GB for owners of the free-to-play Warzone, who are up to date with the latest updates on either (or both) games.
This Warzone download is a larger file size due to the optimization of data.
Stay tuned for the latest news on Call of Duty: Warzone.
SOURCE: Raven Software
Warzone players claim hit registration is “worse than ever” on Caldera
Hitting your shots is everything when it comes to succeeding in Warzone, but some players feel something is off with the hit registration.
Warzone players have been experiencing some issues with hit registration on Caldera, claiming it has “gotten really bad.”
Hit registration has always been a hot topic when it comes to Call of Duty, and it’s no surprise that it is being brought up regarding Warzone at a time when there seems to be an abundance of issues with the game.
In an attempt to see if the community has also had similar experiences with hit registration, Reddit user TheTrueAlCapwn put a post up in the Warzone subreddit for players to discuss the topic after feeling as if something is “off.”
- Read more: Warzone January 20 update patch notes
In the post, the player explains incidents where they either get “no hit markers at all” or felt as if their shots had become nonexistent in the kill cam: “I’ll hit 8 shots, but when you watch the damage go down on the other player his health will decrease say 5 times, like the other 3 just didn’t exist.”
It seems they aren’t alone in feeling as if the hit registration is off. A comment under the post stated:
“It’s happening a lot…It happens in the gulag especially for me. I’ll start shooting a guy and he’s one bullet away from death, and then all of the sudden I’m dead from…a bullet. Then I watch the killcam and he’s lighting me the hell up.”
Most of the comments express similar feelings about the hit registration, with another user also sharing the same opinion about the Gulag: “Its been worse than ever, unloading entire clips into people and having them cracked or literally one shot and suddenly they just instantly shred you…the gulag is where it really shines.”
As the post suggests, perhaps the “new map has more graphical load, server load and hit registration maybe suffers.” However, this is just speculation and it is unclear what exactly is causing players to feel as if the hit registration has gotten worse.
We’ll have to wait and see what the devs do about the issues and whether the recent delay to Season 2 in order to fix issues will solve this bug.
Image Credits: Raven Software / Activision
Warzone January 20 update patch notes: Instant reload glitch, bug fixes & Katana buff
Here are the full patch notes for Warzone’s January 20 update, which fixed the instant reload glitch and buffed the Katana.
Warzone’s developers Raven Software released a small patch on January 20 that’s sought to remove the glitch that lets players fire weapons continuously without reloading, fixed exploitable areas of Caldera, and given the Katana a major buff.
Warzone players have been desperate for some of Warzone’s most game-breaking glitches to be fixed. Raven Software released a small update on January 20, dealing with a few minor issues affecting the game.
The January 20 update has patched an issue that cancels out reload animations, fixed some areas that players were glitching through, and buffed the Katana melee weapon.
Here’s everything you need to know about Warzone’s January 20 update.
Warzone’s instant reload glitch removed
Warzone players discovered that the Type 11 LMG had a major glitch where players could continuously fire without reloading. All they had to do was quickly switch weapons after hitting the reload button, and their ammo would fill back up instantly.
Warzone’s devs patched this in the January 20 update, so players should no longer be able to fire any weapons continuously without reloading.
Warzone January 20 update patch notes
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across Caldera allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing the menu screen to flicker when attempting to join a friend or queue with a party.
- Fixed an issue with reload animations allowing certain Weapons to fire continuously.
- Fixed an issue causing Private Lobby hosts to crash.
- Fixed an issue causing the regular/Advanced UAV rewards from Big Game Bounty and [TOP SECRET] Contracts to not trigger if the player was in a vehicle or anti-air gun.
- Katana (VG)
- Damage increased from 135 to 150
- Standing Charge Range increased by 36.5%
- Crouching Charge Range increased by 17%
- Move Speed decreased by 2%
Source: Raven Software
Image Credit: Activision
Best Vanguard Kar98k loadout for Warzone Pacific Caldera
Warzone Pacific has brought a familiar dominant weapon to the game, but this time it’s Vanguard’s rendition. Here’s our best Kar98k loadout.
After Warzone Pacific introduced a brand new map, players who like to engage in long-range combat will be eager to find a great sniper class. Here’s our best Kar98k loadout for Warzone Pacific Caldera.
Sniping has always been a great playstyle in Verdansk, and in the new Warzone Pacific Caldera map, it remains dominant with a familiar sniper returning. For those looking to take advantage of long-range engagements on Caldera, here’s the best Vanguard Kar98k loadout you can use.
Best Perks and Equipment to use with the Kar98k
- Best Kar98k attachments for Warzone Pacific
- Best Perks and Equipment to use with the Kar98k
- How to unlock the Kar98k in Warzone Pacific
- Alternatives to the Kar98k in Warzone Pacific
Best Kar98k attachments for Warzone Pacific
- Muzzle: F8 Stabilizer
- Barrel: VDD RE02K
- Stock: Short Stock
- Underbarrel: SMLE Pistol Grip
- Magazine: 8mm Klauser 3 Round Mag
- Ammunition: Lengthened
- Rear Grip: Fabric Rear Grip
- Perk: Fleet
- Perk 2: Deep Breath
First off, the F8 Stabilizer will help boost accuracy and damage range, allowing you to hit targets at greater distances. Combined with the VDD RE02K barrel, which increases bullet velocity, the one-hit-kill area, and accuracy, you’ll be taking people down with ease.
Another great attachment that will increase bullet velocity is the Lengthened Ammo Type. This will ensure that your bullets will hit faster and more accurately from range.
The Short Stock is a great attachment for those looking to use the Kar98k as a quick scoping sniper. It increases your movement speed, ADS speed, sprint to fire speed, and aim walking movement speed. At the cost of some accuracy and recoil control, this attachment makes the Kar98k a great high-power mid-range option with mobility.
Next up we have the SMLE Pistol Grip and Fabric Rear Grip. The Fabric Grip will increase mobility, making sure you hit your target first, while the SMLE Pistol Grip will increase sprint to fire speed.
Despite decreasing the magazine size, the 8mm Klauser 3 Round Mag will also increase the aim down sight speed, as well as speed up the reload time.
Lastly, the two Perk attachments we have chosen are Fleet and Deep Breath. Fleet will have you moving as quickly as possible which will enable you to take the Kar98k into close quarters while also increasing weapon swap quickness. Meanwhile, Deep Breath will allow players to steady their aim while aiming down sight for longer.
Best Perks and Equipment to use with the Kar98k
- Perk 1: E.O.D.
- Perk 2: Overkill
- Perk 3: Amped
- Secondary: MP40
- Lethal: Molotov
- Tactical: Stun
EOD will protect you from any explosive and fire damage that isn’t related to killstreaks, which is great for a gun that you are more likely to be holding areas down with.
Overkill gives you the option for a more close-ranged gun, and we chose the MP40, as it’s a solid close to medium range option in Warzone Pacific.
For the final Perk, we chose Amped. This Perk allows you to switch weapons faster, which is great for any sniper loadout as it means you will be able to pull your secondary weapon out quickly so that you aren’t out-gunned from close range.
The Molotov is great for getting players out of camping spots and the Stun will buy you more time for when things are getting sticky.
How to unlock the Kar98k in Warzone Pacific
In order to unlock the Kar98k in Warzone Pacific, players must reach Level 43 in Sledgehammer Games‘ Vanguard Multiplayer.
This will unlock the weapon for use in Vanguard and Warzone Pacific and if you’re looking to reach this level fast, check out our piece on how to level up quickly.
Alternatives to the Kar98k in Warzone Pacific
Some other alternatives to the Kar98k include the 3 Line Rifle, which is another Sniper Rifle worth giving a shot. If you’re looking for something a little different give the MG42 LMG a go, as it can also be deadly from range.
For more on Warzone Pacific Season 1, check out all the tiers and rewards up for grabs in this season’s battle pass.
Image Credits: Sledgehammer Games / Raven Software / Activision
Will Call of Duty stay on PlayStation after Microsoft’s Activision buyout?
PlayStation fans may have some questions regarding the new Xbox acquisition, including whether Call of Duty will be on the...
Vanguard patch notes tease Ranked mode coming soon
The latest Vanguard patch notes have teased players about a highly anticipated Ranked Mode, suggesting it could be coming soon.
Best CoD: Vanguard Assault Rifle loadouts: Ranked list
Call of Duty: Vanguard has a great selection of top Assault Rifles, so here are the best loadouts, with each...