The bonus rewards in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for watching Twitch streams offer is back.
To celebrate the start of Season 2 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Activision is teaming up with Twitch again to enable drops for select COD Partner streams. Watching select streamers will let you get additional bonus content in game.
Here’s the steps to watching and earning Modern Warfare rewards on Twitch:
- Step 1: Get a Call of Duty Account: Registering for a Call of Duty account is a relatively easy process that gives you some awesome benefits. Accounts make it possible for cross-play to be enabled in Modern Warfare, and you’ll receive all the latest intel and personalized stats. Get an account by going here. If you already have an account, you’re all set.
- Step 2: Link and Re-link: Once you have a Call of Duty account, connect it to your Twitch Account, so you can start earning!
- Step 3: Watch and Earn: Then, you’ll need to head to Twitch and get a look at the streamers who are playing Modern Warfare. On drop eligible streams you’ll see a callout that “drops are enabled”, so you know you are officially watching and earning. From there, click the stream and enjoy the gameplay. You can watch multiple streamers or one stream but as long as they are “drop eligible” your total watch time will be tallied up, so you can earn rewards.
- Step 4: Get the Goods: So, you’ve watched some awesome gameplay of Season One of Modern Warfare and want to know what’s headed to your inventory? Details below:
- Watching 1 hour – earns a ‘Prime Watcher’ emblem
- Watching 2 hours – earns the ‘Restless Sleeper’ spray
- Watching 3 hours – earns 1 Hour of Double Weapon XP
- Watching 4 hours – earns the ‘Hard Landing’ animated calling card
This is available from February 12 at 10AM PT to February 19 at 10AM PT
How to fix Warzone & Modern Warfare Diver Error 6 Code
Here’s how to fix Warzone and Modern Warfare’s Diver or Error 6 Code which has caused downloads to fail, locking players out of the game.
Call of Duty Warzone and Modern Warfare players have been unable to play thanks to the Diver or Error Code 6, but we’ve got some solutions to help you get back into Season 4 Verdansk.
The Warzone community appears to be reaching a boiling point in Season 4, with glitches and hackers ruining the experience for many. Some players haven’t even been able to launch the game with the Diver or Error 6 Code making an unfortunate return.
There are some solutions to the error, so we’ve detailed them below to help you get back to playing Verdansk, Rebirth Island, or Modern Warfare multiplayer.
How to fix Code Diver 6 Error in Warzone & Modern Warfare
If you’re hit by the Diver or Code 6 Error in Modern Warfare or Warzone Season 4, you’ll be met with a screen telling you “Download Failed.” This is the root of the problem but fortunately, allows us to provide several fixes that should work.
Check the Warzone servers
This error code can often be caused by an issue with Warzone’s servers. Check out our Warzone server-status guide, and if there’s a problem, it’s worth waiting for the issue to be resolved by Raven Software.
- Read more: Warzone August 2 update patch notes
If there isn’t a server issue, check out the following solutions.
Restart your router
The first thing you should try is restarting your router, as this could trigger your console or PC to begin the failed download.
- First, completely close Warzone or Modern Warfare
- Unplug your router / modem, wait thirty seconds, and plug it back in
- Wait around five minutes for it to completely reboot
- Launch Warzone or Modern Warfare
Download the update through a hotspot / cellular data
If resetting your internet didn’t work, you can try downloading the update through cellular data. Players have reported that this works for some reason, so it’s worth a try. However, you could rack up high data charges so we only recommend trying this if you’re desperate.
Reinstall Warzone and Modern Warfare
Unfortunately, the last solution we recommend is completely reinstalling Warzone / Modern Warfare. This will give a fresh install of Warzone and should be completely free of the Diver or Code 6 Error.
Warzone and Modern Warfare has a huge file size, so redownloading the game will likely take some time. But hopefully, you’ll be able to play battle royale and multiplayer with no issues afterward.
Image Credit: Activision
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players call for White Phosphorus killstreak to be removed or buffed
Modern Warfare’s White Phosphorus is a deadly killstreak, so much so that it is even making players call for its removal due to the frustration it causes.
Some Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players have been calling for the developers to remove or buff the White Phosphorus killstreak.
As the player base is still strong, of course, fans are continuing to give feedback to the development team, with the recent calls for changes to the Ground War mode. However, now it seems players have an issue with the White Phosphorus killstreak.
Reddit user joshua-esaw put up a post with the idea to: “Remove white phosphorus or improve the visibility for your teammates.”
White Phosphorous is a killstreak in Modern Warfare that places a huge area of white smoke across the map that damages the enemy team.
The killstreak is really powerful. However, it can be disorientating for the teammates and the user, especially as you can take damage from it.
The full post is pretty explicit, with the player clearly being frustrated about the issue. The player even states that it is the “worst killstreak” in the game, purely because its negatives outweigh the positives, seeing no reason to use it “except to just annoy people.”
Players in the comments also agree, with one stating that “the coughing is the most annoying part.”
Another user shared their negative experience with the killstreak as well, saying:
“I had a Ground War once where every few minutes someone would call it in. It’s more an inconvenience than anything else when it was enemy, and it just pissed me off when it was friendly. It felt more like a detriment than anything else when I couldn’t see more than a few meters in front of me. For nearly the whole bloody game…”
The killstreak has been in the game since launch, so we doubt it’ll be going anywhere soon. Unfortunately, players who love this game are just going to have to deal with it and hope no one else uses the killstreak.
For more on Modern Warfare, stay tuned via Charlie INTEL, and check out how to fix the reticle menu not working.
Image Credits: Raven Software / Activision
How to fix Modern Warfare reticle menu not working
An annoying glitch with Modern Warfare’s menu system won’t let players change their weapon reticle. Thankfully, a clever workaround exists.
A frustrating glitch with Modern Warfare’s menu system is leaving players unable to change the reticles on their guns. Thankfully, we’ve got everything you need to work around the problem.
Having the right reticle on your weapons can be super important. Using sights like a Red Dot or Holographic can make it easier to target enemies, but the wrong reticle can make it an even bigger challenge than before.
Unfortunately, an annoying glitch with the Modern Warfare menu system is making it impossible to change them. When players select the option, it immediately launches them into the “Play” menu, and is affecting players on PC and PlayStation.
Modern Warfare reticle menu workaround
While this is incredibly frustrating, the good news is that there is a workaround for those struggling to change the reticle on their weapons.
Some players have managed to use the game’s Blueprint system to change their reticles, and while not ideal, does let players choose which one they want to use.
Affected players may want to try:
- Open Warzone, and go to the Weapon Gunsmiuth.
- Choose your optic, then select the reticle you want.
- Go back to the main Gunsmith screen, and create a new Weapon Modiciation.
- Once saved, go back to multiplayer and select the gun you modified.
While this is a lengthier process, it will allow you to make any changes to the reticle that you want.
The good news is that this issue has been added to Activision‘s “known issues” page, which means developers Infinity Ward are aware of it.
When the team will drop a fix for this problem remains unknown, but with around 2 million people playing the game daily, fans will be desperate to see this bug squashed in the near future. With major updates set to drop with Warzone Season 5, it’s possible the fix may come then.
Image Credits: Infinity Ward
Warzone Season 5 key art includes first teaser for CoD Vanguard
Call of Duty: Vanguard is now basically confirmed with the new Warzone & Cold War Season 5 teaser image.
All Apex Legends Seer skins for Season 10: Emergence
Apex Legends latest addition to the roster is Seer, a flamboyant Recon Legend with some interesting looking skins that players...
How to unlock the Mace in Warzone & Cold War Season 4
The Mace is the next destructive melee weapon to make its way into Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, so...