In celebration of 115 day, Treyarch has added a new mode to Black Ops 4 Zombies.
On 8 January we first got word of a new mode coming to Zombies and on 115 day, it is now live. Gauntlet sits along side other modes like Zombie Rush, Classic, and Public, and can be found when selecting which map you want to play on.
Currently, there is only one map playable in Gauntlet mode which is Voyage of Despair and called Unsinkable, with a second Gauntlet coming in late January. This mode also follows Classic ruleset, meaning you start with 200 health.
What makes Gauntlet unique is that it’s a round-based challenge mode with rules changing every round. Every ten rounds players are rewarded with a medal and a calling card for their first completion.
If players fail any of these challenges, or go down, they are given a strike and the round resets. Three strikes and it’s game over.
List of challenge rules for Unsinkable:
- Round 1: Survive the Round without taking damage
- Round 2: Kill Zombies with equipment only
- Round 3: Use melee only
- Round 4: Survive the round with at least one perk active
- Round 5: Use the Essex Model 07 Lever Action Rifle Only
- Round 6: Activate the Sentinel Artifact
- Round 7: Possess the Shield at the End of the Round
- Round 8: All Buys are disabled
- Round 9: Obtain a weapon from the mystery box
- Round 10: Defend the Cargo Hold while flooded
- Round 11: Open all doors in the map
- Round 12: Survive a wave of crawling dead
- Round 13: Possess a re-packed weapon by the end of the round
- Round 14: Complete the round with Zero Perks
- Round 15: Defend the Poop Deck
- Round 16: Use the lever action rifle only
- Round 17: Kill Zombies with headshots only
- Round 18: Avoid all powerups
- Round 19: Damage to players causes points drain
- Round 20: Survive a Stoker onslaught in then Engine Room
- Round 21: Every player must possess a level 3 special weapon
- Round 22: Kill Catalyst Zombies using the corresponding reactive alternate ammo type.
- Round 23: Reset to your starting weapon
- Round 24: Replenish health drain with Zombie Kills
- Round 25: Defend the Forecastle with no special weapons
- Round 26: Complete the round before the timer runs out
- Round 27: Use the lever action rifle only
- Round 28: No heads-up display (HUD)
- Round 29: Pack-a-punched weapons are disabled
- Round 30: Clear the Grand Staircase!
The challenges are the same every time as well, so whenever you load up Unsinkable, round 8’s challenge will always be “All buys are disabled”
It’s also important to note the bottom left of your screen that shows if you completed the round’s challenge or objective with a check mark or counter.
Another aspect of Gauntlet mode is that they are all timed, so speed running is highly encouraged.
Treyarch has stated that this is the first of many Gauntlets, and more will be coming throughout 2019. Check back on the site when those go live to get a list of their rules as well.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
PlayStation exclusive Black Ops Cold War Zombies mode revealed
Sony PlayStation has announced the PlayStation exclusive content for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The exclusive PlayStation content...
Call of Duty: Mobile surpasses 300 million downloads
Activision Blizzard has revealed that Call of Duty: Mobile has reached a new milestone. In a tweet celebrating one year...