Season of the Chosen is quickly winding down, but it means that Destiny 2 players are getting closer to the return of Vault of Glass. Here’s its start date, details on World’s First, and more.
For many veteran Destiny players, Vault of Glass is going to hit them with a huge wave of nostalgia. Requiring a lowly Light Level of just 130, Vault of Glass was the first-ever Raid in the history of Destiny.
Now, nearly seven years after its debut, it returns to Destiny 2, remixed, and remastered to adjust to the ways in which the series has expanded. Bungie has said that Vault of Glass will launch with a typical World’s First race, and this is everything you need to know.
What is the World’s First race in Destiny?
A rare and prestigious event is always the World’s First race that comes with every single Raid in Destiny games. It’s the first official hours of a Raid’s launch in which fireteams all over the world compete to be the first team to beat it.
- Read More: How to complete Destiny 2 Week 10 Challenges
Clan Luminous took home the winner’s belts for winning the sacred race for Season of the Chosen’s Deep Stone Crypt. Vault of Glass will follow in its footsteps and have a full race to determine the first winners of the reimagined Raid in Destiny 2.
When does Destiny 2’s Vault of Glass Raid start?
Even though Destiny 2 Season 14 hasn’t officially been announced just yet, Bungie has kindly let players know when the Vault of Glass Raid will start so that they can be adequately prepared.
According to a Bungie news post, “Vault of Glass will go live on May 22 at 10 AM PDT.“
Here are the start times for other key zones:
- ET – 1pm
- CT – 12pm
- BST – 5pm
What rewards can I earn from the Vault of Glass Raid?
Players getting stuck straight into the harder version of the Raid, Contest Mode, when it launches will be competing for the Destiny 2 Vault of Glass championship belts that all winners receive for finishing first.
Bungie has also said, “We will have a full array of raid rewards and Bungie Rewards associated with Vault of Glass as well as an emblem available for completing it. We’ll cover all of the details on how to get them soon.”
What’s changed in Destiny’s Vault of Glass Raid?
This will be the first time in Destiny history that a Raid will be brand new, yet still feel like an old Raid. It’s been confirmed that Vault of Glass will be “the first race (outside of previous hard modes) where players have a broad understanding of what to expect while still encountering changes they’ll have to adapt to.”
Since the original Raid, Destiny has expanded and grown into a behemoth, adding in fearsome new weapons and incredible new abilities to use.
Bungie has also made note of specific changes that make this World’s First race different than previous ones:
- “Vault of Glass will launch with Contest Mode (explained here) enabled for 24 hours.
- You will need to be at 1300 Power to be at the cap for all of the encounters.
- Clearing Vault of Glass with Contest Mode active is the first step to access the new Challenge Mode in the Director and the Tempo’s Edge Triumph.
- Completing Tempo’s Edge, a curated list of Triumphs, in this newly unlocked Challenge Mode, will be how a fireteam crosses the World First finish line and claims their prize.
- To enforce the Triumph requirements in the Challenge Mode, your team will wipe if you fail the success conditions during each encounter.”
Vault of Glass is shaping up to be a memorable and historic return to glory. With Season of the Chosen coming to an end, players can start preparing themselves for all that Season 14 will hold.
Image credits: Bungie
Is Destiny getting a mobile game? Leaks & rumors
Bungie are allegedly working on a new Destiny mobile title, and here’s everything we know about it, including all leaks and rumors.
There are rumors that the Destiny 2 developers are currently working on a brand-new mobile game with NetEase Interactive, and here’s everything that we know about this.
Many popular video game series like Apex Legends and Call of Duty have released mobile titles, and new rumors suggest that the Destiny 2 developers currently have plans to do the same thing.
Is Destiny getting a mobile game?
The Chinese company NetEase has previously worked on mobile titles like Diablo Immortal, and The Game Post claims that it is currently hiring staff to work on an “unannounced FPS mobile game.”
- Read More: Most popular Apex Legends characters
According to The Game Post, this information came from a “source with knowledge of NetEase’s development plans” and Bungie are said to be collaborating with the Chinese conglomerate for this project.
Bungie has allegedly been working on a new Destiny game for “over two years now” so they might be bringing a mobile port similar to Apex Legends mobile or the upcoming Warzone Mobile. However, it’s possible that they could be developing an entirely new IP altogether.
Is there a Destiny Mobile release date?
At the time of writing, no release date has been confirmed for this mobile game. However, it’s been 5 years since Destiny 2 first arrived, so it wouldn’t be surprising if Bungie are gearing up to release a new entry. We’ll let you know once we hear anything about the release date.
- Read more: How to spectate in Fortnite
It’s worth keeping in mind that this information is based on leaks, so be sure to take it with a grain of salt until we get official confirmation from either company about the development of this title.
We’ll be sure to update this article with more information about Bungie’s alleged mobile title as it becomes available, including any leaks and details about the plot or gameplay. So, be sure to check back with us!
Image credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards: May 20
The Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are out for the week of May 20. Use our quick and easy guide to see what items can be redeemed.
Players who love to battle it out in competitive PvP action to earn Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards can now see what the week of May 20 has to offer.
Destiny 2‘s Trial of Osiris has become a staple of Bungie’s sci-fi shooter, thanks to its heated action, and the rewards for May 20 are now available to see.
One of the most popular game modes that the first-person shooter offers is, no doubt, Trials of Osiris, which is the game’s competitive multiplayer playlist that allows Guardians to test their skills against other players.
One of the exciting factors of this game mode, besides proving your skills, is the new set of rewards that players can earn with their success every week. Here is the newest set of Trials of Osiris rewards in Destiny 2, the Witch Queen update.
What are the Trials of Osiris rewards for May 20 in Destiny 2?
The Trials of Osiris is an end-game Crucible event that resets its rewards and map on Fridays at 9 AM PST / 1 PM EST / 6 PM GMT.
- Read More: Destiny 2 Xur location and items this week
The more reputation you can earn in Bungie’s Trials of Osiris, the better quality of rewards you will receive in Destiny 2.
Trials of Osiris May 20 map
The map that players fight on changes each week, keeping things fresh and exciting for players. Here is the Trials of Osiris map for the week starting May 20 in Destiny 2:
- Endless Vale
Trials of Osiris May 20 rewards
Here is the complete list of Trials of Osiris rewards for this week:
- Reputation Rank 4: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 7: Enhancement Prism (3)
- Reputation Rank 10: Trials Weapon (Changes for each rank reset)
- Reputation Rank 13: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 16: Trials Weapon (Changes for each rank reset)
- Flawless Reward: Aisha’s Embrace (Adept)
To earn the Flawless Reward, players will need to win seven Trials of Osiris matches without losing a single game.
- Read More: Every Destiny 2 DLC and Expansion: Full list
It’s a tough feat, no doubt, but it’s doable with enough skill, patience, and understanding of the game’s mechanics.
- Passage of Ferocity – Your third match win grants a bonus win. (10000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Mercy – Forgives one loss per run. (10000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Wealth – Increased Trials Rank points from reaching 3, 5, and 7 match wins on a ticket. (15000 Glimmer & 25 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Confidence – Grants bonus rewards from Flawless Chest. (20000 Glimmer & 50 Legendary Shards)
So, there you have it, that’s all the information you’ll need for this week’s Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris, make sure you try your best to get after these rewards, as they can be used to make your overall Destiny 2 experience more fruitful and enjoyable!
Image Credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Xur location and items: May 20 – 24
Here is where you can find Xur the Merchant and get different Exotic items for yourself when playing Destiny 2.
You can get Exotic items for yourself in Destiny 2 by visiting Xur the merchant. This character moves around, so here is his location and all the items that you can get from him.
You can also get different Exotic items each week by visiting the merchant, Xur. He hangs out in random locations around the map, and this guide will let you know where to find him along with his inventory.
Where to find Xur the Merchant in Destiny 2
Xur’s location in Destiny 2 changes each week. Currently, Xur can be found in the Arcadian Valley, in the Nessus.
- Read more: Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards
Once you visit him, you can get yourself some neat new Exotic items to use in the game. Xur will provide you with items that are at the same power level as you.
Xur’s May 20 – 24 items in Destiny 2
You can find all of the items available for sale from Xur this week in Destiny 2 below:
- Exotic Engram: 97 Legendary Shards
- Xenology quest: Free
- Telesto – Fusion Rifle: 29 Legendary Shards
- Gemini Jester – Leg Armor: 23 Legendary Shards
- Actium War Rig – Chest Armor: 23 Legendary Shards
- Verity’s Brow – Helmet: 23 Legendary Shards
- Hawkmoon – Hand Cannon: 200 Legendary Shards
- Dead Man’s Tale – Scout Rifle: 200 Legendary Shards
Legendary Weapons & Armor
- Long Shadow – Sniper Rifle: 50 Legendary Shards
- Seventh Seraph SAW – Machine Gun: 50 Legendary Shards
- Seventh Sereph S1-2- Sidearm: 50 Legendary Shards
- Whispering Slab – Bow: 50 Legendary Shards
- Widow’s Bite – Sniper Rifle: 50 Legendary Shards
- Royal Entry – Rocket Launcher: 50 Legendary Shards
- Eternal Blazon – Scout Rifle: 50 Legendary Shards
- Holdfast armor set
This week’s collection of wares consists of impressive weapons, helmets, quests, and cosmetic items.
- Read more: Every Destiny 2 DLC and Expansion: Full list
You can equip these and reap their benefits when running into combat in Destiny 2 if you are looking for some new things to use against your enemies.
Stay tuned to Charlie INTEL for more Destiny 2, and for more gaming news, check out our piece on Sony’s acquisition of Bungie, the developers of Destiny 2.
Image Credits: Bungie
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team promotion calendar: Every FUT special card
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team has a ton of special cards and promotions to dissect, so we've put together a calendar...
CoD Warzone 2: Leaks, rumors, platforms & release window
Activision are developing Warzone 2, so here's everything we know about the sequel to CoD's popular battle royale.
Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1 patch notes: Vehicle changes, DMR rebalancing, XP events, more
DICE are delivering the Season 1 Update 1.1 for Battlefield 2042’s first update of the season and here's a look...