Rumors continue to swirl about Grand Theft Auto 6, and we’ve got everything we know about Rockstar’s next entry into the franchise, including possible release date, location, rumors, leaks, and more.
Official Grand Theft Auto 6 news is practically non-existent, much to fans’ frustration. It’s been a mind-boggling eight years since GTA V came out, and this is now the longest gap between the release of Grand Theft Auto games.
The success of GTA Online, and its base game, has been a huge factor in our wait for GTA 6 as the title has sold 140 million copies worldwide and rising. But the time is going to come when Rockstar is going to shake the world with the reveal of their latest sandbox playground.
Until then, we have a round-up of all the latest speculation and information we have so far.
GTA 6 release date
While the original PlayStation 2 GTA games, which could be released as a Grand Theft Auto Remastered Trilogy, were released a year apart, fans waited an agonizing six years between GTA 4 and GTA 5.
We are now going on eight years since the last games in the series, and there has been no official word from Rockstar regarding the next iteration in the storied franchise.
Job listings and domain names have captured the imagination of GTA fans, but don’t get your hopes up too soon, as one leaker claimed Rockstar internally have GTA 6 set for a late 2023 release.
Now, prominent leaker Tom Henderson has shed some more light on when we may see GTA 6, and if you’re hoping it’s soon, you may be disappointed. In a June 27 YouTube video, Henderson said that we may not see the next GTA game until 2024 or 2025.
GTA 6 map & setting
One of the most exciting propositions regarding a new GTA game is its setting. The franchise has already set foot in London, and unofficially explored New York, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Las Vegas.
Similar to how GTA 5 revisited old ground, it seems that GTA 6 is set to do the same. Rockstar’s take on Miami seems bound for the series once more as Vice City is being touted as the setting for GTA 6.
After an image leaked in 2018 showing what appeared to be an updated Vice City, another picture surfaced online in May 2021, including new locations south of the city with roads twisting through the countryside.
Following this map leak, another image surfaced online that allowed for comparison between the “leaked” map and Los Santos. This map is considerably smaller than GTA V’s, but there’s no way of confirming its authenticity.
Vice City was a tremendous setting and GTA positively thrived in its stylish 80’s aesthetic. Vibing synth beats and legendary songs were the perfect backdrops for a Scarface-inspired, drug-fuelled city.
Now, 18 years later, we may get to return to the neon nightlife. Given how far we’ve come technologically, Rockstar’s vision of a seedy Miami could be utterly incredible, and it’s something we’d love to see.
When will GTA 6 be revealed?
It’s almost impossible to hazard a guess for when GTA 6 will be revealed, but a recent leak and following job posting appear to tease how.
Grand Theft Auto fans were hoping to see either a reveal or an announcement at E3 2021 but had no luck. Instead, following Fortnite and Warzone’s success with creating live in-game events, a recent leak suggests that GTA 6 will be revealed inside GTA Online.
- Read more: How to make money in GTA Online fast
The leak claimed that GTA Online would be “receiving 4 large updates leading into the GTA 6 Marketing Campaign, which will take place over live events.” It’s no surprise that Rockstar Games would want to join in on this trend, especially with the continuing popularity of GTA Online.
Now, a recent Rockstar job listing appears to confirm this leak. Rockstar were looking for a ‘Live Operations Coordinator who would “be responsible for executing all in-game marketing campaigns for Red Dead Online and Grand Theft Auto Online.”
Of course, there’s no guarantee that the two are related, but it’s far from impossible for GTA 6 to be revealed through a live event.
Unofficial GTA 6 leaks and teases
As we’ve said, because all the information about GTA 6 is so exceedingly threadbare, it means that any snippet of a leak becomes huge for the fans.
- Read More: How to play NoPixel in GTA RP
So far we’ve learned that there is a new GTA 6 patent leak suggesting Rockstar wants the best NPCs ever. Lots of undercover work from desperate fans led to the discovery of a patent called the “System And Method For Virtual Navigation In A Gaming Environment.” It’s basically a set of extremely complex algorithms to make the game’s city more alive than ever with fully independent NPCs.
Rockstar’s desire to innovate and defy conventional boundaries could also be about to go one step further in GTA 6 too. After having three playable protagonists in GTA 5, a leaker has claimed that GTA 6 will have a female main character.
As for gameplay, Tom Henderson also suggested that you’ll be able to purchase cryptocurrency in GTA 6. This ties in with the speculation that GTA won’t return to a 1980s setting and will be modern.
Other rumors claim that the long-awaited sequel to Bully was canned allegedly due to GTA 6. This would suggest that GTA 6 has spent a good amount of time in development.
Just to reiterate, this information is all leaks and speculation, but it could be a great indicator of some of the awesome stuff that Grand Theft Auto fans could have to look forward to.
Once Rockstar finally ceases its hush-hush attitude towards GTA 6, then we’ll be able to bring you 100% accurate information about Rockstar’s latest project(s).
Image Credit: Rockstar
Apex Legends September 22 update patch notes: Server stability, Shiela & Rampart fixes, more
In response to all of the server issues in Apex Legends, the developers have released the September 22 update that should will resolve them.
Apex Legends has had severe server issues since the release of the Evolution Collection Event. Thankfully, the developers have shipped a patch to address these problems.
The server issues began for Apex Legends as soon as the Evolution Collection Event dropped in Season 10. The update caused players to crash and disconnect from lobbies, causing frustration for the community.
Despite some improvements with various hotfixes looking to address the issue, the servers were still dodgy.
Luckily, Respawn has shipped a new, more significant update that promises to fix all the issues players have been experiencing, which don’t just concern the servers.
Apex Legends has had a pretty rough time since the Evolution Collection Event dropped, with players crashing and disconnecting from games due to server instability.
Despite the update giving dataminers new code to dig through, allowing the community to glimpse future content such as Wattson’s Heirloom and the Loba Edition skin, players were pretty unhappy with the update.
The update also brought significant changes to Rampart, which the community welcomed and featured some pretty interesting bugs. Luckily, the new patch addresses all these issues and hopefully puts the game’s servers back on track.
Apex Legends September 22 update patch notes
“We’ve just shipped a client-side patch for @playapex, which fixes numerous bugs, including some that can cause crashes and disconnects. See the full list below. We’re also aware that there are still reports of slo-mo servers, and are looking into it!”
Some of the bugs fixed are associated with Rampart’s new changes following the Evolution Collection Event update.
The update saw Rampart’s minigun, Shiela, go mobile. However, this caused some issues with meleeing and exploits that allowed players to instantly reload Shiela without deploying it.
Respawn previously dropped an update to fix teleporting and game lag, but players were still reporting issues.
In the patch, Respawn claims to have fixed most issues with servers, including a problem with animated banner poses that were reportedly causing players to crash.
The players responded to the update stating that they were still experiencing issues, but Respawn quickly replied and pushed another change to fix “slow-mo servers and poor performance.”
As Respawn said, players will need to “give it a try” and see if the issues have been fixed. That’s all on the September 22 update. For more on Apex Legends, check out our article on who the most popular Legend is in Season 10.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends Loba Edition skin revealed by leak
There have been a few Apex Legends leaks following the Evolution Collection Event update, with the latest concerning the Loba Edition.
Apex Legends latest update provided dataminers with an abundance of code to dig through, and some of that code has revealed a new Loba Edition skin set to release in the future.
Luckily, thanks to a recent patch, players have been having more luck with the servers, allowing them to play without issues.
On the other hand, the update allowed dataminers to dig through code and leak upcoming content, such as Wattson’s Heirloom and the Loba Edition skin.
As well as Prime Gaming skins, Apex Legends also offers players exclusive skins through Legend editions of the game, and dataminers have revealed what Legend-specific edition we will see next.
Thanks to dataminer Shrugtal, players have finally been given a look at the next Apex Legends edition that will be released in the future. The last edition saw Bangalore take center stage, boasting a new Superhero-Esque skin for players to enjoy.
Loba will be the next Legend to receive her own Apex Legends edition, which is excellent news for those who enjoy playing the translocating thief.
Apex Legends Loba Edition skin
While we don’t know when the edition will be released, we do have details on all the items that will be available in the Apex Legends Loba Edition.
Like every other Legend edition of the game, the Loba Edition will come with:
- Legend skin
- Weapon skin
- 1000 Apex Coins.
The skin is called “Arms Dealer” and features a black color scheme with gold and grey accents.
The Apex Legends Loba Edition skin gives the character a militaristic vibe, looking like she is ready for the battlefield with a bandolier around her waist and a blacked-out beret with the Apex Legends logo.
We also have images of the charm, weapon skin, and badge that will come with the Apex Legends Loba Edition, which is all, of course, Loba-themed.
The weapon skin is for the 30-30 Repeater, matching the same color scheme as the skin. The weapon charm is a wolf, which aligns with Loba’s aesthetic, especially as Loba is a female wolf in Spanish.
That’s all for the leaked Loba Edition for Apex Legends. For more, check out our article on when cross-progression is coming to Apex Legends.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
How to complete Fortnite Season 8 Week 2 Character Punchcard Quests
Punchcards have returned in Fortnite Season 8, so here’s how to complete the Weekly and Character Quests for a ton of bonus XP.
Fortnite Season 8 is in full swing, and the Legendary and Epic Quests have been swapped out for Punchcards. Here’s how to complete Season 8’s new Character Punchcard, as well as all of the other Character Punchcard Quests in one handy place.
Fortnite’s Weekly Quests return in Season 8, but with a twist. This season, Punchcards have returned, offering players a ton of bonus XP towards earning Battle Stars completing the Season 8 Battle Pass.
Here’s Season 8’s Week 2 Character Punchcard Quests, and all of the other Character Punchcard Quests to be completed over the course of the season.
- Fortnite Season 8 Week 2 Character Punchcard Quests
- What are Fortnite Character Punchcards?
- All Fortnite Season 8 Character Punchcards
Fortnite Season 8 Week 2 Wrath Punchcard Quests
It appears that more Fortnite Character Punchcards will be added every Tuesday of Fortnite Season 8, offering players 80,000 XP for completing the five Quests.
For Week 2, Wrath was added to the island and brought the Escaped Tenant questline.
Here are Wrath’s Character Punchcard Quests added in Season 8 Week 2:
- Spot two players with a recon scanner (2) – 12,500 XP
- Use a jump pad or jump vent and travel 100 meters before landing (100) – 14,000 XP
- Get a storm forecast from a character (1) – 16,000 XP
- Get a bounty from a bounty board (1) – 18,000 XP
- Complete a bounty (1) – 20,000 XP
First, you’ll need to find Wrath and speak to him to begin the Quests. He can be found in the remains of Stealthy Stronghold, west of the abandoned IO Base. Simply speak with him and he’ll give you the challenges.
With a bit of luck, you’ll be able to find a recon scanner in the remnants of Deep Woods Dish. These abandoned IO Dish Stations have IO chests that offer tech weapons, so keep searching until you find a recon scanner, and then shoot it at two enemies so they’re highlighted.
The Deep Woods Dish station has a jump pad attached to it, so you’ll be able to fly on out and complete the second Quest in the meantime.
- Read more: Fortnite IO Guards Season 8 spawn locations
New to Season 8, NPCs can give you a storm forecast for where the next circle will be. Torin, Pitstop, J.B. Chimpanksi all reveal future storm circles, so you can refer to our NPC locations guide to find them.
And the final two Quests are all about completing Bounties. Luckily, we have a full guide on Season 8’s Bounty Boards and how to complete Bounties, so it’s well worth your time checking out our guide.
What are Fortnite Character Punchcards?
You must visit specific characters and then complete the five Quests that they will assign you. You’ll get 12,000 XP for completing the first, and it will go up by 2,000 XP for each one completed – giving 80,000 XP for each completed Character Punchcard.
More Character Punchcards are expected to be added each week, so stay tuned.
All Fortnite Season 8 Character Punchcards
- Use a Zipline (12,000 XP)
- Destroy five pieces of furniture at Apres Ski (14,000 XP)
- Dance at two different alien crash sites (16,000 XP)
- Dance for two seconds after damaging an opponent (18,000 XP)
- Dance for five seconds while in the sideways (20,000 XP)
- Refuel a vehicle with gas (12,000 XP)
- Travel 500 distance while in a vehicle (14,000 XP)
- Destroy mailboxes with a vehicle (16,000 XP)
- Get two seconds of air time with a vehicle (18,000 XP)
- Interact with an overturned car to flip it rightside up (20,000 XP)
- Destroy five opponent structures (12,000 XP)
- Build five structures at Craggy Cliffs (14,000 XP)
- Harvest metal from both Weeping Woods and Steamy Stacks (16,000 XP)
- Hit four weakpoints while harvesting (18,000 XP)
- Emote within 10m of an ally-built structure (20,000 XP
- Open a cash register (12,000 XP)
- Destroy three couches or beds (14,000 XP)
- Complete a quest from another character (16,000 XP)
- Purchase a weapon of Rare rarity or higher from a character or Weapon-O-Matic (18,000 XP)
- Damage opponents with weapons of Rare rarity or higher (20,000 XP)
- Destroy a farming tractor (12,000 XP)
- Forage two mushrooms (14,000 XP)
- Craft a weapon (16,000 XP)
- Destroy two refrigerators (18,000 XP)
- Consume an apple and a banana (20,000 XP)
- Visit three different named locations (12,000 XP)
- Dance within 10m of an IO guard (14,000 XP)
- Visit the Aftermath (16,000 XP)
- Pop the tires on five vehicles (18,000 XP)
- Buy an item from a character (20,000 XP)
- Enter the Sideways (12,000 XP)
- Collect a Sideways weapon (14,000 XP)
- Deal 100 damage to players with a Sideways weapon (16,000 XP)
- Eliminate ten cube monsters in The Sideways (18,000 XP)
- Complete a Sideways encounter (20,000 XP)
- Collect a shotgun and shells at Steamy Stacks (12,000 XP)
- Stoke a campfire (14,000 XP)
- Crouch within ten meters of an opponent for two seconds (16,000 XP)
- Cause 150 headshot damage on monsters in The Sideways (18,000 XP)
- Defeat two waves of Cube Monsters in The Sideways anomaly (20,000 XP)
- Collect nuts and bolts (12,000 XP)
- Craft an item (14,000 XP)
- Upgrade a weapon at a weapon bench (16,000 XP)
- Honk a vehicle’s horn within 10m of an opponent (18,000 XP)
- Survive three storm phases (20,000 XP)
- Collect an assault rifle and a grenade (12,000 XP)
- Reach max shields (14,000 XP)
- Visit an IO Outpost or the IO Convoy (16,000 XP)
- Eliminate 2 IO Guards (18,000 XP)
- Search a chest in an IO Outpost or in the IO Convoy (20,000 XP)
- Swim at both Lake Canoe and Lazy Lake (12,000 XP)
- Submerge a driven vehicle into a large body of water (14,000 XP)
- Throw a fish back in the water (16,000 XP)
- Hunt one wildlife (18,000 XP)
- Consume a fish and a meat in a single match (20,000 XP)
- Ring a doorbell until it breaks (12,000 XP)
- Damage an opponent within 30 seconds of landing (14,000 XP)
- Deal 75 pistol damage from above (16,000 XP)
- Get an elimination with a Pistol, SMG, or Shotgun in the Sideways (18,000 XP)
- Finish a downed enemy with Harvesting Tool (20,000 XP)
- Mark a Medkit, a Bandage, and a Small Shield Potion (12,000 XP)
- Use any of the services of a Mending Machine (14,000 XP)
- Consume foraged items (16,000 XP)
- Restore health with fish (18,000 XP)
- Use a Bandage or a Medkit in The Sideways (20,000 XP)
- Collect a sniper rifle (12,000 XP)
- Deal 150 damage with an assault rifle or sniper rifle (14,000 XP)
- Get two headshots with an assault rifle or sniper rifle (16,000 XP)
- Deal damage within 30 seconds of hiding in a haystack, dumpster, or a Flusher (18,000 XP)
- Emote on top of a mountain (20,000 XP)
- Make a donation to the war effort donation box (12,000 XP)
- Deliver a car to the Weather Station (14,000 XP)
- Harvest 100 metal from an alien crash site (16,000 XP)
- Talk to three characters (18,000 XP)
- Interact with a mounted turret (20,000 XP)
- Spot two players with a recon scanner (12,500 XP)
- Use a jump pad or jump vent and travel 100 meters before landing (14,000 XP)
- Get a storm forecast from a character (16,000 XP)
- Get a bounty from a bounty board (18,000 XP)
- Complete a bounty (20,000 XP)
For more Fortnite, check out all the Fortnite Season 8 Exotic Weapons locations, and stay tuned for more Punchcard guides.
Image Credit: Epic Games
Apex Legends September 22 update patch notes: Server stability, Shiela & Rampart fixes, more
In response to all of the server issues in Apex Legends, the developers have released the September 22 update that...
CoD: Vanguard devs reveal changes for launch: Sun glare nerf, Spawn tuning & more
Sledgehammer Games have revealed some changes that will be coming to Call of Duty: Vanguard when the game launches.
Apex Legends Loba Edition skin revealed by leak
There have been a few Apex Legends leaks following the Evolution Collection Event update, with the latest concerning the Loba...