One of Fortnite’s Season 5 Week 9 challenges requires you to find a black box at the crashed plane site. We’ve made it easier to find with the help of a useful map.
Fortnite Season 5 is set to end on March 16, and we’re now in week 9 of the update. This means that there are brand new weekly challenges for you to complete, and you have the opportunity to progress through the Battle Pass.
Week 9’s challenges are simple compared to previous weeks since you’ll mostly do tasks like dealing damage in water and shaking down IO Guards. One of these Epic Quests requires you to find a crashed plane’s black box.
Where to find the black box in Fortnite Season 5
To find the black box, you’ll have to make your way towards the location of the crashed plane, which is at the northwesternmost point of the map. It’s close to the Coral Castle POI on Fortnite Island.
It’s likely that you’ve already been to this area before since it’s usually rich in loot for you to collect. That leads to it also being filled with a high amount of player traffic, so you should be ready for a battle when you head over there.
We’ve made things a bit easier for you by marking the exact location on the map below.
The plane has been split into three parts, and you can find the black box near the middle section. Head over to the marked spot on the map, and you’ll be able to interact with it. That will result in you receiving 20,000 XP in the challenge.
At the moment, we don’t know for sure if this crashed plane will have some sort of major relevance to future events in the battle royale, but it wouldn’t be too surprising if it did. Stealthy Stronghold ended up being tied to the Predator crossover.
That wraps up this relatively simple challenge. You can earn some serious XP, and unlock brand new cosmetics by completing Epic and Legendary quests, so be sure to check out our Fortnite Season 5 Week 9 challenges guide.
Image Credits: Epic Games
All NPC locations in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 1
Here are the locations for each of Fortnite Chapter 3’s NPCs who can turn you into a Prop, reveal future Storm Circles, and give you Quests.
Fortnite Chapter 3 features various wacky NPCs you can visit around the island, so here are all of the Fortnite NPC locations for whenever you might need to find these characters in Season 1.
There are multiple fun characters that you can run into on Fortnite Island. These NPCs perform different functions like revealing future Storm Circles in exchange for Gold Bars or giving you Weekly Quests.
Fortnite Chapter 3 introduced several new NPCs, such as Spider-Man and The Visitor. These characters are spread out across the Island, and this guide will make it much easier for you to find them.
Here’s every Fortnite Chapter 3 NPC and their location on the Season 1 map.
All Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 1 NPC locations
There are currently 22 NPCs in the game. Thanks to the website Fortnite.GG, we’ve got each of their locations in Chapter 3, Season 1 so far. The site has also marked each NPC that can turn you into a Prop for the right price.
Here are the detailed locations of each Fortnite Chapter 3 NPC:
- The Visitor: Launch Pad island east of The Sanctuary (can be hired)
- The Scientist: North end of The Sanctuary (reveals future Storm Circles)
- Agent Jones: Seven Outpost III north-east of The Daily Bugle (can be hired)
- The Foundation: East side of The Sanctuary
- Bunker Jonesy: South-west side of The Joneses
- Ludwig: Building south-east of The Joneses
- Brainiac: Building in the centre of The Joneses (can be hired)
- Mullet Maurader: Red roofed building at north side of The Joneses
- Jonesy The First: Building in the north-east of The Joneses (can be hired)
- Cuddle Team Leader: Pink roofed building at the north side of Camp Cuddle
- Metal Team Leader: Grey roofed building at the south side of Camp Cuddle
- Cuddlepool: Red roofed building at the south side of Camp Cuddle (can be hired)
- Quackling: Yellow roofed building at the south side of Camp Cuddle
- Guaco: Inside the restaurant at Greasy Grove
- Lil’ Whip: Inside the ice cream shop at Coney Crossroads (can turn you into a Prop)
- Bao Bros: South-east building in Greasy Grove (can turn you into a Prop)
- Tomatohead: Inside the middle store in Greasy Grove (can turn you into a Prop & sells Rifts)
- Mancake: In Butter Barn north-west of Chonker’s Speedway (can turn you into a prop & be dueled)
- Shanta: South-east of Condo Canyon (can be hired & sells Rifts)
- Lt. John Llama: South-east of Logjam Lumberyard (can be hired)
- Haven: Near Haven’s Oasis lake west of Chonker’s Speedway
- Galactico: On the football pitch at Tilted Towers
These NPCs are guaranteed to spawn in every match of Fortnite, so you should have no trouble finding the Fortnite NPC locations. However, NPCs are known to move around, so we’ll update you if they are found in any more locations.
- Read More: How many people play Fortnite?
You’ll notice that Fortnite Chapter 3 features fewer characters than in previous seasons and many of them are grouped together at the same locations. However, more NPCs are expected to be added later on.
For more Fortnite, check out where to find Buttercake Klombos dinosaurs in Fortnite Chapter 3 and the Fortnite 19.10 update patch notes.
Image Credit: Epic Games / Fortnite.GG
Where to find Buttercake Klombos dinosaurs in Fortnite Chapter 3
Fortnite have added the new Klomobo dinosaurs into the game, giving players new ways to move around the map. Here’s where you can find them.
The first Fortnite update of 2022 is here, introducing the Buttercake Klombos dinosaurs to the island. Here’s everywhere you can find them, how to feed them, and how to use them as rotation devices.
Fortnite’s 19.10 update will go down in history as the patch that brought back fan-favorite POI Tilted Towers. The legendary area has been missing from the game since 2019, but finally, players can “drop Tilted” and battle players in the city’s buildings.
Of course, that wasn’t the only thing added in this major patch, with the Buttercake dinosaurs that were teased in the Season 1 promo finally appearing on the island.
You’ll now see the creatures roaming around, but what can you do with them, and where can you find them? Here’s everything you need to know about Buttercake Klombos dinosaurs.
Where to find Klombos dinosaurs in Fortnite Chapter 3
The Klombos are peaceful dinosaurs that can be seen roaming across the map after the January 18 update. Be warned though, they will attack you if provoked, so make sure not to hurt them in the heat of battle.
The good news is that there are at least four Klombos dinosaurs roaming the map at any one time, so you’ll have plenty of chances to see one for yourself.
- Read More: Best Fortnite keybinds and mouse settings
The bad news is that they don’t appear in the same place every match. According to leakers, their positions alter game to game, but your best chance of spotting one is in the northeast corner of the map. Avoid the sandy area in the south, as this has the least number of spawns.
How to feed Klombos in Fortnite
Feeding Klomos is relatively easy. You’ll need to keep a lookout for the new Klomberry consumable item that can now be found on bushes around Fortnite‘s island.
If you’ve upset a Klombo, you can feed it one of these treats to calm it down, then keep giving them to these beasts to gain a reward in the form of items it will spit onto the ground for you.
How to use Klombos to rotate around the map
Using Klombos to rotate around the map is simple. Simply jump on their tail, and run up the back of this creature. Once you reach its head, the dinosaur’s blowhole will shoot you up into the air.
- Read More: How many people play Fortnite?
This can be used to effectively escape from a battle you can’t win, or simply to head towards a different part of the map.
That’s everything we know about Klombos so far, but it’s always possible that these creatures have more hidden talents we don’t know about. Epic may also make changes to them as the season advances, so keep an eye out for new tricks or a different attitude.
Image Credits: Epic Games
Fortnite 19.10 patch notes: Tilted Towers returns, Klomberry item, more
Fortnite’s 19.10 update has finally brought back the fan-favorite Tilted Towers POI, along with the new Klomberry consumable item.
Fortnite’s first patch of 2022 is finally here, bringing back the iconic Tilted Towers POI along with the new Klomberry item.
But the crossovers aren’t the only thing you should be excited about, as the fan-favorite Tilted Towers POI has finally returned for the first time since May 2019. On top of that, players also have a new consumable item in the Klomberry.
Check out the full Fortnite 19.10 update patch notes below.
Fortnite 19.10 update patch notes
Tilted Towers returns in Fortnite 19.20 update
Fortnite shifted to a brand-new map with Chapter 3 and eagle-eyed players spotted a familiar POI under the ice – Tilted Towers.
- Read more: How to get struck by Lightning in Fortnite
Tilted Towers was a fan-favorite location from Chapter 1, offering the perfect action-packed drop spot for high kill games. A version of it returned in Chapter 2 with Salty Towers, but Chapter 3’s version is the real deal.
Tilted Towers can be found in the middle of the map, just below the island’s biggest lake. Tilted Towers has replaced Coral Castle, a change that some Fortnite players are disappointed about.
Along with the exciting return of Tilted Towers, players also have a new consumable item to eat. The Klomberry helps to both heal players and add shields, and players can carry 15 of them at a time.
These berries can be found in Butter Cake Bushes, which can be found scattered randomly around the island.
Fortnite 19.10 update bug fixes
Fortnite’s 19.10 update also brings major bug fixes, so here are all of the Fornite issues confirmed to be fixed in the next game update.
- Weekly Challenge: Collect Telescope Parts Issue – the Quest will be auto-completed for all players
- “Network Connection Lost” error when trying to join match as a spectator
- Some Outfits experience a dip in framerate and bright light when equipping Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters
- Progress for Some Cosmetic Challenge Bundles Not Visible
- Healing while in tent is disabled
- Daily Quests Don’t Appear If Another Mode Was Last Played
- Crash Pads do not visually look correct
Save the World
- Vacuum Tube Bow is not causing chain lighting effect
Switch & Mobile
- The Storm is not as dense and is more transparent on Nintendo Switch
For more Fortnite, be sure to check out everything we know about a leaked Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle crossover.
Image Credit: Epic Games
Will Call of Duty stay on PlayStation after Microsoft’s Activision buyout?
PlayStation fans may have some questions regarding the new Xbox acquisition, including whether Call of Duty will be on the...
Vanguard patch notes tease Ranked mode coming soon
The latest Vanguard patch notes have teased players about a highly anticipated Ranked Mode, suggesting it could be coming soon.
Best CoD: Vanguard Assault Rifle loadouts: Ranked list
Call of Duty: Vanguard has a great selection of top Assault Rifles, so here are the best loadouts, with each...