The highly-anticipated Sony PlayStation 5 (PS5) has finally launched. It is available in many different regions and stores, so the rush to get one has been rather hectic. Luckily, there are still a few retailers that have it in high supply.
This is turning out to be a very busy season for gamers everywhere. It has only been a few days since Microsoft’s Xbox Series X/S hit retail stands, and now Sony has launched their long awaited next-gen console.
After preorders for the PlayStation 5 sold out a few months prior, the console has finally arrived today for purchase at select retailers.
As you can imagine; demand is through the roof. If you’re worried about having to wait until the holidays or next year to get your hands on one, put your mind at ease. Here are all the available places from where you can purchase a PS5.
Where to buy a PS5 on launch
If you’re thinking about rushing over to the nearest outlet and waiting in line then you’re out of luck. Sony already confirmed that you cannot purchase the console in-store on launch day. This serves as a preventative measure in light of the safety concerns, due to the global health situation.
If you didn’t preorder, then you will have to place an order online. Certain retailers are providing stocks with Drive Up or Order Pickup services. The price of the Standard Edition PlayStation 5 is $499.99 while the Digital Edition console costs $399.99.
Here are some retailers from which you may have some luck finding a PS5 on stock:
There are many more retailers stocking PlayStations. The one you will be able to visit obviously depends on your location and region. The mentioned chains are offering special bundles and deals so you might just get lucky. Due to the hectic nature of launch day, these stores will keep updating their inventory.
Keep checking the stocks
GameStop and Target may restock around midnight. Amazon and Best Buy are currently awaiting their stocks as well so keep a close eye on those. You may just be one of the first in queue and that will greatly boost your chances of acquiring one today.
Walmart has listed 12.00, 3.00, 6.00 and 9.00 p.m as the timings that they will have PlayStation consoles available for sale.
You can revisit these sites at different points in the day to check the current available stock. Many other retailers such as the Gamesmen may potentially have the console available for sale later in the day. So, keep checking those for updates as well.
If you are unable to acquire a PS5 today then don’t let it bring you down. It’s an extremely busy time and you will most likely have another opportunity around the holiday season. Just be prepared and you’ll leave this year with a brand new PlayStation 5!
Update: Amazon EU has informed customers that the console will be available for purchase in limited stock at 12pm UK/1pm CEST on November 19. This is the actually the PlayStation 5’s launch date in the EU. Just check the site for stocks of the Standard and Digital Edition to come in around that time if you live in UK, Italy or Spain.
Warzone devs confirm 120Hz returns to Xbox Series consoles soon
Xbox Series consoles can no longer run Warzone at 120FPS, but Raven Software have confirmed the fix is coming very soon.
Xbox Series consoles haven’t supported 120FPS on Warzone since December, locking the game at 60FPS. Players have been desperate for it to return, and Raven Software have confirmed that 120Hz is coming back very soon.
While Warzone Pacific brought a brand-new map and has continued to bring a number of major quality of life updates, console players have been suffering from stuttering and textures failing to load. While PlayStation 5 players can enjoy the game at 120FPS, Xbox Series players lost the ability with the Season 1 update and have been stuck playing at 60FPS ever since.
In a pre-Warzone Season 3 interview with CharlieIntel, Raven Software’s Senior Creative Director Ted Timmins reaffirmed that they “absolutely want” to bring 120 FPS back to Xbox Series consoles, and have now confirmed that it’s coming back very soon.
When is 120FPS coming back to Warzone on Xbox Series X?
Raven Software announced on May 20 that 120Hz will be returning to Xbox Series X|S consoles with the Season 3 Reloaded update, which is set for Wednesday, May 25.
Raven’s Ted Timmins confirmed they were aware on December 12 and were looking into the issue, but when speaking to us ahead of Warzone Pacific Season 3, they said it’s a “very complex” issue that’s “still being investigated.”
It appears this issue has now been resolved, with the devs confirming that it will arrive with Season 3 Reloaded which they hope “will make for an even more enjoyable experience in Caldera!”
In the same interview, Timmins also confirmed that the team is “working as hard as they can” to resolve other console performance issues. While things are looking positive, they are grateful to see the videos and screenshots that the community sends in.
Image Credit: Activision / Microsoft
PlayStation Plus games lineup: All PS Plus Extra & Premium titles
Sony have revealed the lineup of games that will be available with the new and improved version of PlayStation Plus.
The PlayStation Plus subscription service will undergo various changes, and here’s a list of PS Plus games you can expect to have access to following the overhaul.
Throughout the months of May and June, Sony will be rolling out a revamped version of PlayStation Plus. The core concept for the service will remain unchanged but Sony are introducing subscription tiers to PS Plus.
This means the massive catalog of games available to PS Plus subscribers will depend on which of the three options you select. We’ll go through the different tier options below, and detail all the PS Plus games that will be available at launch.
PlayStation Plus changes & tiers explained
PlayStation Plus has always offered an all-encompassing service to those who subscribe. That’s all going to change as players will soon have the chance to choose between three different tiers. Essentially, you’ll be able to choose the tier that best suits your needs.
PlayStation Plus Essential is the lowest tier on offer and it is the option that is comparable to the current service. If you’re happy with your current PS Plus subscription and are not interested in new features, Essential is the way to go.
If you’re looking for more content like a massive library of games, then you’ll want to look into the Extra and Premium tiers. Extra will grant you access to a catalog of PS4 and PS5 games, while Premium will also add PS3, PS2, PSP, and PlayStation libraries to the mix.
To find out which tier is right for you and how much each tier costs per month you can visit the PlayStation blog that details the changes coming to PS Plus in the summer of 2022.
All PS Plus games list: Premium & Extra catalog
While the focus is definitely on PlayStation games whose studios are affiliated with Sony like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Marvel’s Spider-Man, and Uncharted, you’ll also be pleasantly surprised to see third-party titles available via PS Plus.
Games like Mortal Kombat 11, NBA 2K22, and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla are not out of reach for players who opt for PlayStation Plus’ Extra or Premium tiers. You’ll be able to access this incredible library of games seen below for a monthly fee.
PlayStation Plus Premium Games
- Ape Escape | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
- Hot Shots Golf | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
- I.Q. Intelligent Qube | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Jumping Flash! | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Syphon Filter | Bend Studio, Original PlayStation
- Super Stardust Portable | Housemarque, PSP
Third Party Partners
- Mr. Driller | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Tekken 2 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Worms World Party | Team 17, Original PlayStation
- Worms Armageddon | Team17, Original PlayStation
PlayStation Studios (remasters)
- Ape Escape 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits | Japan Studio, PS4
- Dark Cloud | Japan Studio, PS4
- Dark Cloud 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- FantaVision | SIE, PS4
- Hot Shots Tennis | Japan Studio, PS4
- Jak II | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak 3| Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak X: Combat Racing | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Rogue Galaxy | Japan Studio, PS4
- Siren | Japan Studio, PS4
- Wild Arms 3 | SIE, PS4
Third Party Partners (remasters)
- Baja: Edge of Control HD | THQ Nordic, PS4
- Bioshock Remastered | 2K Games, PS4
- Borderlands The Handsome Collection | 2K Games, PS4
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition | Gearbox Publishing, PS4
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning | THQ Nordic, PS4
- Lego Harry Potter Collection | WB Games, PS4
PlayStation Plus Extra and PlayStation Plus Premium Games
While the Sony blog wasn’t clear on the fact, it seems that games with asterisks beside their names will only be available to PlayStation Premium members, which is the highest tier available. We’ll update this section with official confirmation once we know more about the situation.
- Alienation | Housemarque, PS4
- Bloodborne | FromSoftware, PS4
- Concrete Genie | Pixelopus, PS4
- Days Gone | Bend Studio, PS4
- Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition | Housemarque, PS4
- Death Stranding and Death Stranding Director’s Cut | Kojima Productions, PS4/PS5
- Demon’s Souls | Bluepoint Games, PS5
- Destruction AllStars | Lucid Games, PS5
- Everybody’s Golf | Japan Studio, PS4
- Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut | Sucker Punch, PS4/ PS5
- God of War | Santa Monica Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Horizon Zero Dawn | Guerrilla Games, PS4
- Infamous First Light | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Infamous Second Son | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Knack | Japan Studio, PS4
- LittleBigPlanet 3 | Sumo Digital, PS4
- LocoRoco Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- LocoRoco 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man | Insomniac Games, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4/PS5
- Matterfall |Housemarque, PS4
- MediEvil | Other Ocean, PS4
- Patapon Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Patapon 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Resogun | Housemarque, PS4
- Returnal | Housemarque, PS5
- Shadow of the Colossus | Japan Studio, PS4
- Tearaway Unfolded |Media Molecule, PS4
- The Last Guardian | Japan Studio, PS4
- The Last of Us Remastered | Naughty Dog, PS4
- The Last of Us: Left Behind | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Until Dawn | Supermassive Games, PS4
- Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection |Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
- WipEout Omega Collection | Clever Beans & Creative Vault Studios, PS4
- Ashen | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla*** | Ubisoft, PS4/PS5
- Celeste | Maddy Makes Games, PS4
- Cities: Skylines | Paradox Interactive, PS4
- Control: Ultimate Edition | 505 Games, PS4/PS5
- Dead Cells| Motion Twin, PS4
- Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition | Square Enix Co. LTD, PS4
- Hollow Knight | Team Cherry, PS4
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Square Enix Co. LTD., PS4/PS5
- Mortal Kombat 11 | WB Games, PS4/PS5
- Narutoshippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- NBA 2K22 | 2K Games, PS4/PS5
- Outer Wilds | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
- Red Dead Redemption 2 | Rockstar Games, PS4
- Resident Evil | Capcom Co., Ltd, PS4
- Soulcalibur VI | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- The Artful Escape | Annapurna Interactive, PS4/PS5
- The Crew 2*** | Ubisoft, PS4
While these are the titles expected to be available when the new version of PlayStation Plus launches, don’t be surprised to see this extensive catalog updated with brand-new games as months go by.
Keep an eye out for the new iteration of PS Plus to launch on June 13 in NA, and June 23 in Europe.
For more gaming news, check out how Elden Ring dethroned Vanguard as the best-selling game of the last year.
Image Credits: Ubisoft / Sony / Insomniac Games / Rockstar Games / Santa Monica Studio / WB Games / Sucker Punch / Kojima Productions / Housemarque
How to watch PlayStation’s March 9 State of Play: Stream, start time, what to expect
Here’s everything you need to know about PlayStation’s March State of Play, which gives updates on Japanese-developed games and more.
PlayStation will be broadcasting their State of Play on March 9, which has a special focus on Japanese-developed PS4 and PS5 games. Here’s how to watch the stream, what time it starts, and what you can expect to see.
2022 has already been a huge year for gaming with Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Horizon Forbidden West, and Elden Ring all releasing across January and February. But there will be even more to look forward to as the year goes on, and PlayStation will be revealing what they have in store for the rest of 2022 and beyond.
Here’s how to watch PlayStation’s State of Play stream, including the start time and what you can expect to see.
PlayStation State of Play stream & start time
March 2022’s State of Play will kick off on March 9 at 2 PM PT / 5 PM ET / 10 PM GMT and will run for around 20 minutes.
We’ve embedded the stream above, where you can set a reminder through your YouTube account.
What to expect in PlayStation’s State of Play stream
Sony revealed that State of Play will showcase “new reveals and eye-catching updates for PS5 and PS4 titles,” with a “special focus on highlighting great games coming from some of our beloved Japanese publishers.”
- Read more: How to fix PC screen tearing in WWE 2K22
It’s possible that we’ll finally see Final Fantasy XVI which was confirmed to be revealed in spring 2022, but we’ll need to wait and see for ourselves. PlayStation also said that we can expect “a few updates from other developers located around the world, too.”
But they did confirm that we won’t get any updates on the PlayStation VR2 or its games, so we can expect more news later in the year.
For more on PlayStation, you can check out how to link your PlayStation and Discord accounts together.
Image Credit: Sony / Square Enix
Warzone devs confirm 120Hz returns to Xbox Series consoles soon
Xbox Series consoles can no longer run Warzone at 120FPS, but Raven Software have confirmed the fix is coming very...
Best Shotguns in Warzone: Season 3 ranked list
If you're looking for the most powerful close-range weapons Warzone Pacific has to offer, here are the best Shotguns for...
When is Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded? New SMG & Sphere map
The next major update for Vanguard is Season 3 Reloaded, so here's everything we know including the new SMG, map,...