Apex Legends character Forge never made it into the battle royale game, but what happened to them, and who are they?
With all the leaks surrounding the popular battle royale, the Apex Legends devs definitely shocked the community back in Season 4, as Forge was revealed to be the new Legend until something tragic occurred.
For those who are unaware of who Forge was in Apex Legends, the character has become much more than just an unreleased Legend, but rather a symbol of Respawn Entertainment’s power.
Who is Apex Legends’ Forge?
Forge was a datamined Legend for the battle royale and eventually revealed as the Season 4 Legend. Real name James McCormick, Forge was a 5-time Hyperfighting Federation champion, an accomplishment that earned him his ticket into the Apex Games.
Players believed they would be getting Forge as a new Legend for Season 4’s release, mostly due to datamined information and also Respawn’s promotion for the season. The community even sourced his abilities through the game’s code:
Apex Legends Forge abilities
- Pull Shot (Hook): Short-range grapple that pulls enemies into you or can be used to launch yourself into the air.
- Ground Slam: Press crouch while airborne to slam into the ground below.
- K.O. Punch (High Jump): Jump forward in a direction. Press crouch while airborne to slam into the ground below.
- One-Two (One-Two Punch): Bullrush in a straight line. If you hit an enemy along the way, press again to do an upper-cut launching you into the air.
- On The Ropes: Enhances your melee to do more damage the lower your health is. Dealing melee damage gives you a temporary overshield.
- Victory Rush: Killing a player with a melee attack restores your health and gives you a 30% speed boost for 10 seconds.
Forge’s character model was revealed and he was announced as the Season 4 Legend, but during a Stories from the Outlands video for the Legend, things went left.
Respawn had made it so believable with promotional images and official character models that this was a genuine shock for the community to see Revenant take the fighter’s life and replace them as the Season 4 Legend.
Turns out Forge was never going to be in the Apex Games, but rather the devs had created the character to deceive dataminers and show them whos in control when it comes to revealing content.
Apex Legends’ Forge now stands as the symbol of Respawn’s power, and that leaks should always be taken lightly.
For more on Apex Legends, check out NICKMERCS’ opinion on people playing Warzone over Apex Legends and Fortnite.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
CoD leaker claims Modern Warfare 2 will release “greatest hits” map pack with classics from every developer
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is expected to get a ton of post-launch maps, but now it seems like...
How to get the Cobra DMR in Fortnite: Locations & stats
The Cobra DMR is brand-new addition in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 4, and here's how you can get it along...
Are Overwatch 2 servers down? Overwatch server status
If you're experiencing problems with Overwatch 2's servers, here's everything you need to know about checking the server status.