Sledgehammer Games has announced a major update to the Divisions system in Call of Duty: WWII. The new update will be going live on April 10.
Here’s the new level ranking unlocks for each Division in Call of Duty: WWII:
- Additional Primary Attachment
- Second Pistol Attachment & swap weapons faster
- While aiming down sights, have less idle sway
- Move faster while aiming
- Fire guns while sprinting & diving
- Reload while sprinting
- Climb over obstacles faster & no damage from falling
- Sprint faster over time
- Take significantly less explosive & fire damage
- Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment
- Increased bullet penetration through surfaces
- Greatly reduced flinch when shot
- Invisible to enemy Recon Aircraft & controlled streaks
- Killed enemy death locations hidden
- No name or reticle change when enemies aim at you
- Silent movement
- Double Lethal + Tactical & enhanced equipment use
- Munitions replenish from killed enemies & over time
- Improved Tacticals & Easier to destroy War buildables
- Equipment damage paints enemies on mini-map
- Mini-map indicator & scrambler of close hostiles
- Enemy movements are easier to hear
- Kills & assists grant Intel Ping of nearby enemies
- Easier to spot targets & increased mini-map coverage
Here is all of the brand new Division Changes, including Unlimited Sprint for all Players, a 4th Perk option, and more:
Loadout Selection Changes:
- LMG Bipod and Sniper Sharpshooter are automatically available when using an LMG or Sniper
- Remaining Division Skills (weapon class attachments) are selectable in CAC (and no longer given by division)
- Each Division has a 4th perk and their levels have been adjusted & rebalanced
- All players have unlimited sprint & sprint speed is slightly slower
- 3 Primary Attachments for all loadouts
- One piece of both Lethal & Tactical equipment for all loadouts
- Launchers can be equipped for all loadouts
- The Rifle Grenade is an available attachment for all rifles
- The Suppressor is an available attachment for all pistols
- The Pistol Suppressor has a 15% range reduction vs. the SMG Suppressor’s 30% range reduction
- The following Basic Trainings are cut & no longer selectable: Primed & Bang
- Prestige tokens spent on these are refunded & associated challenges are auto-completed
- The following Basic Trainings are newly added: Blitzkrieg & Clandestine
- Blitzkrieg: “Streaks are earned by Kills (instead of Score). Bonus: Streaks are improved & select a 4th Streak.”
- Clandestine: “Slain enemies drop Intel Packs that reveal nearby hostiles. Bonus: Intel ping at the start of each life.”
- Moved “Second pistol attachment & swap weapons faster” to Infantry to align with its marksmanship focus
- Filled gap in Resistance with “Enemy movements are easier to hear” to align with its counter-intelligence focus
Weapon/Mechanic Tuning Changes:
- Global sprint speed reduced (to account for Unlimited Sprint)
- 1.3x instead of previously 1.4x
- Reduced Launcher effectiveness against players
- Panzerschreck nerfed damage & projectile speed
- Bazooka buffed radius, buffed projectile speed & nerfed damage
- Bazooka should more reliably give hitmarkers than before & increased projectile speed should make it better than Panzer against streaks.
- Frag & Sticky grenade max damage nerfed
- ~10% max damage reduction to account for all players having both Lethal & Tactical and address existing complaints of grenade spam
- Shellshock & Earthquake effects from Lethal Equipment significantly reduced
- Reduced effect radius and duration to address existing complaints and account for all players having both Lethal & Tactical
- Tactical Equipment strength adjusted
- All tacticals without Expeditionary III got a small nerf
- Smoke lasts 10 seconds (previously: 14 seconds; Expeditionary III: 14 seconds)
- Signal Flare lasts 3.5 seconds (previously: 5 seconds; Expeditionary III: 5.5 seconds)
- Stun effects last between 1.75-3.5 seconds (previously: 2-4 seconds; Expeditionary III: 2.5-4.25 seconds)
- Tabun Gas deals 1 dmg every 1 second 5 times (previously: 10 dmg every 1 second 5 times; Expeditionary III: 5 dmg every 0.625 seconds 8 times)
- The following Basic Trainings have had their benefits changed:
- Energetic: Adds “Increased sprint speed”. Removes “Sprint again sooner”
- Forage: Adds “Resupply bullets over time”. Adds “Extra magazines”. “Removes “Swap weapons faster”.
- Ordnance: Adds “Killed enemies drop Streak packs that fill your meter”. Removes “Re-roll your own care packages”.
- Launched: Adds “Additional launcher ammunition”. Removes “Only way to take a Launcher”.
- Concussed: Adds “Take two pieces of Lethal & Tactical equipment”. Removes “presetting what the equipment is”.
- Instincts: Adds “Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment”. Esports-only change to remove “warning when targeted off-screen” benefit (with the intention for this BT to be unbanned by MLG and used in competitive to counter Tacticals).
- Incendiary Shells attachment buffed
- Gives Additional Shells (7 for Combat Shotgun; 8 for all other shotguns)
- Range reduction of Shells buffed to -10% from -15%
- Sped up loading of shells for Combat Shotgun
- M30 Rifle Bullet ammo buffed
- Gives Additional Bullets (8 bullets instead of previous 6)
- LMG Bipod Buffed
- Increased fire rate while mounted (+9% which is equal to Rapid Fire attachment for LMGs [which stacks])
- Firing while mounted initially draws ammo from reserve then once exhausted draws from current clip (removing the need to reload).
- Sniper Sharpshooter Duration Buffed
- Hold breath increased to 10 seconds from 4 seconds. Promotes using snipers the “proper” way rather than quickscoping.
- Buffed “Take Significantly less fire & explosive damage” from Armored
- 80% reduction from fire & explosive damage (previously was 65% reduction)
- “Reduced idle sway” from Infantry III & Scoped now affects snipers
- 30% reduction for Snipers; vs. all other weapon classes’ 65% reduction
- This does stack with Ballistic Calibration attachment
- Buffed “Move faster while aiming” from Infantry IV & Scoped
- Maintained separation between weapon classes (Sniper < LMG < Rifle < SMG < Pistol / Shotgun)
- LMGs mostly got their ADS firing speed buffed since that was previously very slow even with Infantry IV
- Snipers got a smaller buff than other weapon classes since it isn’t beneficial to move too fast
- Pistols & Shotguns already equaled non-ads speed with Infantry IV so they were not adjusted
Here’s a new trailer from SHG giving fans a look at all of the changes that are coming on April 10:
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How much are COD Points? How to buy, price, how to spend & more
COD Points are the currency of Call of Duty. Here’s a guide on their price, how you can buy them, where to spend them, and what you can buy.
COD Points have become an integral part of Call of Duty games as they can buy some great cosmetics and other items to show off. So here’s a quick guide to tell you how much points cost, how you can buy them, where you can spend them, and what you can get.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Cold War and Warzone offering special Rambo and John McClane skins and bringing back legendary Operators like Soap and Captain Price, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend COD Points.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game and requires COD Points to do so.
So with our detailed guide today, we’re going to run through the basics of COD Points to help you understand them, tell you what they do, and more.
What is the price of COD Points?
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying COD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas some need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various COD Points bundles:
- 200 COD Points for $1.99 or £1.79
- 500 COD Points for $4.99 or £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) COD Points for $9.99 or £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) COD Points for $19.99 or £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) COD Points for $39.99 or £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) COD Points for $74.99 or £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) COD Points for $99.99 or £84.99
How do I buy COD Points?
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
These are the various ways you can procure COD Points.
This method is only for PC players.
A quick visit to the Battle.net shop will take you to the aforementioned COD Points bundles, and you can take your pick.
This method is only for PlayStation players.
Head to the PlayStation Store either on your PS4, PS5, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or PSN credit.
Xbox Microsoft Store
This method is only for Xbox players.
Head to the Microsoft Store either on your Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or Xbox Gift cards.
Online or select physical retailers will have copious amounts of COD Points vouchers and gift cards for you to purchase. There will be no difference between official sales and retails sales as they will all sell the same bundles.
Where do I spend my COD Points?
Now that you have a nice bundle of COD Points, where do you actually go to spend them? Well, the answer is rather simple: head to the in-game store for the game you’re playing, browse, and buy.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone are currently in Season Two of their respective lifecycles at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 2, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough COD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Treyarch / Raven Software
Activision Blizzard execs respond internally to California lawsuit, calling allegations ‘troubling’
Activision Blizzard executives have sent internal emails to staff in response to the recent lawsuit.
Warzone players call for devs to add permanent Rebirth Island playlists
Rebirth Island has become a popular map for Warzone players, but the community is calling for permanent playlists like Verdansk.
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 23
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...