Activision and Sledgehammer Games have officially announced the fourth and final DLC Pack for Call of Duty: WWII, Shadow War. Shadow War DLC Pack 4 will be available on August 28 on PlayStation 4, with release on other platforms to follow.
Shadow War DLC Pack 4 features three MP maps, a new War Operation, and the final chapter of the WWII Nazi Zombies saga, Frozen Dawn.
- Airship: Set in a secret enemy base high in the Alps, Airship takes the battle to new heights. Fight for control of the docked zeppelin, or take your chances running along a treacherous cliff, where one slip up can lead to an unfortunate trip down the mountain that will end in a respawn.
- Excavation: In an Algerian mine, the enemy stockpiled priceless art and gold from their European conquests. The battle will ensue around these pillaged goods, the dunes of a tank graveyard, and rock outcroppings scattered around the map.
- Chancellery: The enemy forces have taken hold of a French Chancellery, but they won’t expect a chaotic firefight in the middle of the night. Wrest control of the stronghold’s main courtyard, while covering your team from the flanking pathways to the map’s main area for this epic night-time brawl behind enemy lines.
- Operation Arcane: On top of these Multiplayer experiences, there is also Operation Arcane, a new War Mode Mission that will take players deep within a secret enemy research facility in the Austrian mountains. Allied Forces players will be tasked with infiltrating this lab, stealing enemy secrets and schematics and finally destroying whatever classified technology remains in a hanger full of UFOs. Of course, being that it is a research facility, there are a few clandestine weapons, such as the Tesla Gun, and mysterious super soldier serums that players can use to help turn the tide of battle.
- Frozen Dawn: Shadow War also includes Frozen Dawn, the final chapter to the epic Call of Duty: WWII Nazi Zombies story. In this experience, we rejoin Marie, Drostan, Olivia and Jefferson as they try to stop an incredible evil once and for all. Acquiring the Sword of Barbarossa has not put an end to the undead threat. A darker and more powerful threat lurks in the depths of Thule. In the unfathomable depths of a lost city, our heroes are humanity’s last hope of ending the cult of Thule. Luckily, they will have a few secret weapons to help put the ancient rulers of the world to rest.
Call of Duty: WWII Shadow War DLC Pack 4 is available August 28 on PlayStation 4 with release on Xbox One and PC to follow. The DLC Pack can be purchased separately for $14.99 or as part of the Season Pass for Call of Duty: WWII.
CoD Points price: How to buy, spend & do they carry over
CoD Points are the official currency of Call of Duty. Check out CoD Point prices, where to buy them, and whether they transfer between games.
Activision’s in-game currency lets players purchase cosmetics for their characters, and we’ve got everything you need to know about CoD Points prices, how to buy them, and all the items you can spend them on.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game, requiring players to spend their own currency named CoD Points to acquire them.
CoD Points can be purchased using the menu systems in games like Vanguard or Warzone or through console marketplaces like the PS Store or Xbox Marketplace.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Vanguard and Warzone offering special Attack on Titan and Snoop Dogg skins as well as unique weapon Blueprints for popular weapons, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend CoD Points.
- CoD Points Prices
- How to buy CoD Points
- Where to spend CoD Points
- Do CoD Points carry across games?
- What can I buy with CoD Points
CoD Points prices
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying CoD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas others need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various CoD Points bundles:
- 200 CoD Points: $1.99 / £1.79
- 500 CoD Points: $4.99 / £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) CoD Points: $9.99 / £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) CoD Points: $19.99 / £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $39.99 / £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) CoD Points: $74.99 / £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $99.99 / £84.99
- 15,000 (+6,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $149.99 / £123.99
How to buy COD Points
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
There are four ways you can buy COD Points:
- PC players can purchase CoD Points on the Battle.net website
- PS4 & PS5 players can purchase CoD Points in the PS Store on their console, or on the PlayStation website
- Xbox Series X, Series S, or One players can buy CoD Points on the Xbox Marketplace on their console, or the official Microsoft Store website
- Select physical retailer’s stock vouchers and gift cards with a code that players can redeem for CoD Points.
Where to spend CoD Points
Spending your CoD Points is incredibly easy, with players able to purchase cosmetic bundles and Blueprints in the in-game store.
The stores are available in Vanguard, Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, and Modern Warfare, so you can kit out your Operator regardless of your preferred title.
Do CoD Points carry over across games?
The good news is that your CoD Points will transfer across your Call of Duty games, as they are linked to your Activision account.
Players who will still have CoD Points in their account from Vanguard don’t need to worry, as they will automatically be in your account when Modern Warfare 2 releases.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of a season, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough CoD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You’ll be able to buy the Vanguard & Warzone Season 3 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods on April 27, 2022:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Raven Software
JGOD reveals their favorite Call of Duty Perk of all time
Call of Duty content creator JGOD recently revealed their favorite Multiplayer Perk of all time, a pick that many may have forgotten about.
JGOD let the community know his favorite Call of Duty Perk of all time, which many new players may not even have used before, especially as it’s not available in Warzone.
JGOD is known for their in-depth content for Call of Duty games, especially Warzone. The Youtuber often looks into the stats and details for weapons and loadouts, figuring out the best attachments,Perks, and equipment to use.
With that being said, it’s often great to hear JGOD’s personal opinions on their favorite things to use in Call of Duty, which is exactly what he gave when our Twitter page asked the community what the best CoD Perk of all time is.
Our CharlieINTEL Twitter page asked the CoD community what the best Call of Duty Perk of all time is.
For those in the community who have been following the franchise since the CoD 4 days, this question is much harder to answer simply because there have been so many great Perks over the years that haven’t returned or just aren’t in Warzone.
- Read more: How to lower input lag in Warzone
JGOD is one of those players who has been in the community for a long time, so their pick might have some of the modern players slightly bemused.
The content creator’s pick for their favorite CoD Perk of all time is Stalker from Modern Warfare 3, which was released back in 2011. This Perk got rid of all movement penalties while aiming down sights.
This allowed players to strafe effectively while using an LMG, Sniper Rifle, and any other weapon with poor mobility, which was very effective in MW3.
The Perk basically turned Assault Rifles into SMGs, meaning they were effective at close and long ranges.
Further, if players unlocked the Pro version of the Perk, it also delayed Bouncing Betty, Claymore, and IMS detection, which were very strong equipment in MW3.
Although Stalker returned in Call of Duty: Ghosts, the description was slightly different from the MW3 version, and clearly, JGOD’s post is the Perk image from MW3.
Other popular Call of Duty players also weighed in on the debate, with Optic Hitch also sharing their opinion in the comments, stating that MW2’s Ninja Pro was the best Perk of all time: “Ninja Pro MW2. Not close.”
Everyone will have their preference as the best Call of Duty Perk of all time comes down to personal opinion, but Stalker is definitely not a bad shout.
For more on Call of Duty, check out everything we currently know about Modern Warfare II.
Image Credits: Activision / JGOD
Biggest AAA video games coming in 2022: PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, Stadia & Steam
2022 is a huge year for video games and here’s all the biggest titles coming to PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and more – with release dates.
2022 continues to be a massive year for video games. Between franchises such as God of War, Pokemon, and Harry Potter, the PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, and Stadia have some mammoth titles to host. Here’s a look into the biggest games and potential release dates.
The beginning of 2022 will signal over a year since the PS5, and Xbox Series X took video games to the ninth generation of consoles. Developers have had plenty of time to chew the fat and harness the power of the consoles to create immense AAA experiences.
There’s also plenty of mileage left for the Nintendo Switch, and of course, PC, Stadia, and Steam are always pushing the envelope.
With 2022 already delivering Horizon Forbidden West, Elden Ring, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Rainbow Six Extraction, and Gran Turismo 7, the remainder of the year is also looking to bring the heat. Here’s a look at the top AAA video games coming in 2022.
PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC, Steam & Stadia video games in 2022
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 release date: Fall 2022
For the first in almost 20 years, the Call of Duty franchise will be breaking its annual release schedule in 2023. This means that players will be stuck with CoD’s 2022 title, Modern Warfare 2 for two years.
The 2022 iteration of the iconic franchise is set to be a direct sequel to 2019’s Modern Warfare. The game will be built on a brand-new engine, and the development of the game is being led by Infinity Ward.
Gotham Knights release date: October 25, 2022
A Gotham City without the caped crusader is a strange thought, but that’s the threat that faces it as Bruce Wayne is dead.
In Batman’s place, his former proteges need to step up and protect Gotham, batting away any threats of crime perpetrated by some of its most evil supervillains. Featuring co-operative mode, players can take control of these plucky heroes and hopefully do Batman proud.
Hogwarts Legacy release date: Holiday 2022
There have been many Harry Potter movie tie-in games, but there still hasn’t been an authentic RPG experience that lets you become your own wizard – until now.
Hogwarts Legacy will let fans worldwide finally live out their dream of attending Hogwarts, and the game allows players to select their House, the classes they do, and customize their character, all the while fighting monsters and completing quests.
God of War: Ragnarok release date: 2022
Players got a juicy look at the next epic adventure in Santa Monica’s God of War franchise during the 2021 PlayStation Experience. Kratos and Atreus are set to battle with Freya, possibly Thor, and their own demons.
God of War Ragnarok looks like it’s expanded upon the reboot to incorporate more NPCs, more spectacular gameplay, and a gripping narrative that will test the bond between father and son.
Final Fantasy XVI release date: late 2022
The hype surrounding Final Fantasy XVI is beginning to mount as we get deeper into 2022. It’s the collaboration between Square Enix and the combat designer of Devil May Cry 5, Ryota Suzuki that has fans of the franchise excited.
The developers have confirmed that they would release additional information about the sixteenth game in the mainline Final Fantasy franchise around Spring 2022. Hopefully, this will include a release date giving RPG fanatics something to look forward to.
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet release date: late 2022
2022 is a great year to be a Pokemon fan. Shortly after the release of Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Nintendo wasted no time announcing their newest mainline titles. Pokemon Violet and Pokemon Scarlet will introduce players to the ninth generation of Pokemon games.
Nintendo has already shared details about the game including the implementation of open-world areas as well as the three starter Pokémon: Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly.
Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 release date: delayed to 2023
It wouldn’t be a stretch to say that Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 could easily be one of the most anticipated games of all time.
Breath of the Wild took the world by storm in 2017 with its rich, expressive world that deviated from the conventions of traditional Zelda games. Many millions of copies sold later, and fans everywhere are desperate for the next chapter for Link in this gorgeous, sprawling version of Hyrule.
Unfortunately on March 29, 2022, Nintendo announced that Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 would be pushed back to a 2023 release date.
That completes our guide to the biggest and most anticipated video games that are due to arrive in 2022. For all the latest news and guides on these games and more, stay tuned to Charlie INTEL!
Image Credit: Avalanche Software / WB Games Montreal / Nintendo / Game Freak / Square Enix / Santa Monica Studios / Ubisoft / Activision
CoD Warzone 2: Leaks, rumors, platforms & release window
Activision are reportedly developing Warzone 2, so here's everything we know about the rumored sequel to CoD's battle royale.
Apex Legends best Arenas Legends: Arena Legends ranked
Apex Legends Arenas is a different experience to BR where some characters fare better than others. Here's our ranked list...
All Apex Legends Mobile characters: Full roster & exclusive Legends
Apex Legends Mobile offers players a new way to play Respawn's battle royale, but what Legends are available?