YouTuber Swagg attended a recent capture event at Infinity Ward studio this week where they were shown a look at the new Season 1 content.
Swagg says he had a chance to talk with Infinity Ward’s Joe Cecot, who is the MP Design Director. He shares in his video some of the answers he got for questions he asked during the studio visit.
Here’s a quick summary:
- Aniyah Palace in Ground War: Currently focused on new Season 1 content, and they want to eventually add it to Ground War.
- Dead Silence: For Pubs, they will lower the footstep volume overall. Devs working closely with pros to test out what works best.
- Perk Balance: Cecot says Infinity Ward may have made some mistakes with perks and put too many in Perk 1 slot. They need to analyze more to see how to change it to balance it better.
- Tank Nerf: IW is working on nerfing the tank to reduce the straight shots it can make to avoid camping on the hills.
- Spawns in modes: Cecot says they are working on ways to improve the spawns across all modes and maps. Still figuring out best ways to balance it effectively.
- Map Voting: They don’t want map voting because data from previous games shows that players leave if their vote does not win, which causes lobbies to break up. YouTubers suggested to add a Vote to Skip option; Cecot said they will look into this.
- Staying in Same Lobby: In regards to staying in the same lobby after the match, there is an error in the game that does this often; they wanted it to be where you can stay in the same lobby but it resets every several games to change it up, but that did not get implemented fully into the game for launch.
- Mini Map: They have no plans to change the mini map. The design of it now was how they intended for it to be in this game. Cecot said they want the UAV to be more of a reward. Swagg says they asked why Ghost is so powerful then and Cecot apparently said they would look at that more, but they want mini map to stay as is.
- Damascus Camo Issues: They are working to fix issues with unlocking the camo, and they have fix coming soon.
- Skill Based Matchmaking: At first Cecot mentioned that its a “hot topic” and he “ca’t really talk about it.” Matchmaking in Modern Warfare is “not the same as Infinite Warfare” and that it is “different in every Call of Duty.” He said that connection is “big priority.” He said they are “constantly tweaking it.”
Watch his full video here:
Modern Warfare & Warzone Sept 25 Update: Double XP
Infinity Ward has released the latest playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
This playlist update is the final new playlist update for Season 5 of the game.
As part of this being the final weekend for Season 5, Infinity Ward has activated the following in game:
- Double XP
- Double Weapon XP
- 2X Tier Progression
Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and 2X Tier Progression will end with the end of Season 5, which is set for September 29.
In addition, there’s an updated playlist option in Warzone. Infinity Ward has added Warzone Mini Royale mode for the weekend. In case you need a refresher, here’s what Mini Royale is:
This weekend only, battle in Warzone Mini Royale Trios. A short, sweet, and intense variant, Mini Royale likens the experience to the first and final minutes of a standard Battle Royale match. Other Warzone playlists available throughout the week include Battle Royale Solos, Duos, Trios, and Quads and Plunder Quads.
Drop in and finish up those Season 5 Battle Passes before it ends!
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6: Date, Subway, & Operators
Activision and Infinity Ward announced that Season 6 for Modern Warfare and Warzone begins on Tuesday, September 29.
The company released a new cinematic trailer for Season 6, unveiling the new operators coming including Farrah and Nikolai.
The trailer also revealed the new Subway system coming to Warzone, allowing players a new way to traverse the map as they play.
Here’s a look at the Subway system:
The Call of Duty blog has provided more details on what to expect from the two new Operators, who are part of the upcoming Season 6 Battle Pass.
“This occupation must end. That we can all agree on, yes?”
The founder and Commander of the Urzikstani Liberation Force, Farah, grew up a fighter after surviving imprisonment by Roman Barkov. She’s an exceptional soldier and leader that’s known a lifetime of war. Her skills have been further honed with additional training with the SAS, and she’s led dangerous missions to fight off Al-Qatala forces and other regimes stationed in her country.
Following the events of Campaign, Farah joins the Chimera of the Allegiance reuniting with Iskra, a former scout of hers. Farah is instantly unlocked at Tier 0 of the Season Six Battle Pass. In addition to Farah’s base skin, players can earn additional skins and other rewards by completing her Operator Missions.
“Nikolai, you’ve been a bad boy.” “From you that’s a compliment.”
Nikolai is the leader of the Chimera, a PMC within the Allegiance. A long-time friend to Captain Price, Nikolai initially worked with Price, Kamarov, and Kate Laswell to build the Armistice to stop the rise of a new AQ. After the Armisitice collapse, Nikolai now takes the battle in his own hands to stop Zakhaev.
Nikolai is a Russian patriot at heart with a deep love for his country only matched by his love for weaponry. He’s known as a fixer and can acquire most anything, anywhere. Despite his murky background, he’ll always choose what’s right when it counts. Nikolai is unlocked at Tier 100 of the Season Six Battle Pass. Players can complete Operator Missions to earn additional skins for Nikolai and other rewards.
Season 6 will begin on Sept. 29 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Alongside the new content teased in the trailer, there will also be more to come in MP.
Stay tuned for the latest on Season 6.
This Week in Modern Warfare & Warzone: 2XP & Store Bundles
Call of Duty Blog has posted the latest This Week in Call of Duty post highlighting what players can expect in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone for the week of September 21.
This week sees 24/7 Shipment and 24/7 Shoot House, and new playlists Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone, alongside Gunfight 3v3 Snipers.
And, in Warzone, Warzone Mini Royale Trios is available.
This is also the final week of Season 5 in Modern Warfare & Warzone. Season 6 is set to begin Sept. 29, so Infinity Ward will add Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and 2X Tier Progression starting Friday, Sept. 25 at 10AM PT and ending with the Season 5 end.
This week will also see new store bundles for fans to pick up who want to customize their operators and weapons, including the Tracer Anime Pack and new Alex Bundle.
Here’s the breakdown from Activision Blog:
This week the Shoot the Ship-tember playlist is breaking off into 24/7 Shoot House and 24/7 Shipment, players can battle in a trio in Gunfight 3v3 Snipers, experience an objective moshpit in Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone, and play in the weekend only Warzone mode – Mini Royale Trios. Plus, players will get Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and Double Battle Pass progression earn rate starting this weekend!
A double dose of objective fun is available in the Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone mosh pit. In Deathmatch Domination, earn points for capturing objective and eliminating enemy players so OBJ and slayers can earn score. In Drop Zone, hold the objective to receive the gift of Care Packages and a flurry of Killstreaks that keeps the match interesting. All Care Packages are up for grabs, it just takes longer to capture enemy packages, but good things are worth the wait.
Get with your squad and battle in Gunfight 3v3 Snipers. Map knowledge is key to success in this sniper shoot-out as is teammate communication. Make callouts and watch the flag during Overtime. Pro-tip: Consider closing the distance and performing a Finishing Move while the enemy reloads for an epic Killcam.
Get a new look for Ghost in the ‘Beyond the Pale’ bundle with his ‘Dreadwood’ skin. The bundle also includes two Legendary blueprints – the Spanish Moss and Old Road – a watch, calling card, emblem, spray, quip, weapon charm, and gesture.
Put the enemy on notice with the ‘Notice Me: IV’ bundle. It’s included blueprint, Showcase, deals high damage and has extra oomph in both the range in accuracy category making this a sniper rifle worth noticing. In addition to the Epic Showcase sniper blueprint, players will also get a weapon charm, calling card, and emblem when they pick up the bundle in Store.
This weekend only, battle in Warzone Mini Royale Trios. A short, sweet, and intense variant, Mini Royale likens the experience to the first and final minutes of a standard Battle Royale match. Other Warzone playlists available throughout the week include Battle Royale Solos, Duos, Trios, and Quads and Plunder Quads. Then hop over to Multiplayer to choose between 24/7 Shipment or 24/7 Shoot House for your close quarters mosh pit mayhem. Whichever mode you choose, you’ll get Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and Double Battle Pass progression earn rate starting on September 25 at 10AM PT to September 28 at 10AM PT.
SOURCE: Call of Duty Blog
Modern Warfare & Warzone Sept 25 Update: Double XP
Infinity Ward has released the latest playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
First Black Ops Cold War Zombies teaser found
Zombies fans, strap in… The PawnTakesPawn site continues to provide some exciting updates as we work towards the reveal of...
Xfinity customers can get Black Ops Cold War Beta Codes
Xfinity has announced a partnership with Activision to provide Black Ops Cold War Early Access Beta codes for subscribers. Xfinity...