YouTuber Swagg attended a recent capture event at Infinity Ward studio this week where they were shown a look at the new Season 1 content.
Swagg says he had a chance to talk with Infinity Ward’s Joe Cecot, who is the MP Design Director. He shares in his video some of the answers he got for questions he asked during the studio visit.
Here’s a quick summary:
- Aniyah Palace in Ground War: Currently focused on new Season 1 content, and they want to eventually add it to Ground War.
- Dead Silence: For Pubs, they will lower the footstep volume overall. Devs working closely with pros to test out what works best.
- Perk Balance: Cecot says Infinity Ward may have made some mistakes with perks and put too many in Perk 1 slot. They need to analyze more to see how to change it to balance it better.
- Tank Nerf: IW is working on nerfing the tank to reduce the straight shots it can make to avoid camping on the hills.
- Spawns in modes: Cecot says they are working on ways to improve the spawns across all modes and maps. Still figuring out best ways to balance it effectively.
- Map Voting: They don’t want map voting because data from previous games shows that players leave if their vote does not win, which causes lobbies to break up. YouTubers suggested to add a Vote to Skip option; Cecot said they will look into this.
- Staying in Same Lobby: In regards to staying in the same lobby after the match, there is an error in the game that does this often; they wanted it to be where you can stay in the same lobby but it resets every several games to change it up, but that did not get implemented fully into the game for launch.
- Mini Map: They have no plans to change the mini map. The design of it now was how they intended for it to be in this game. Cecot said they want the UAV to be more of a reward. Swagg says they asked why Ghost is so powerful then and Cecot apparently said they would look at that more, but they want mini map to stay as is.
- Damascus Camo Issues: They are working to fix issues with unlocking the camo, and they have fix coming soon.
- Skill Based Matchmaking: At first Cecot mentioned that its a “hot topic” and he “ca’t really talk about it.” Matchmaking in Modern Warfare is “not the same as Infinite Warfare” and that it is “different in every Call of Duty.” He said that connection is “big priority.” He said they are “constantly tweaking it.”
Watch his full video here:
NICKMERCS explains why he believes Modern Warfare is overrated
Top Twitch streamer NICKMERCS has explained why he believes Call of Duty players think Modern Warfare 2019 is better than it is.
Even though Modern Warfare 2 is almost here, 2019’s Modern Warfare still has an incredibly active player base. However, top streamer Nick ‘NICKMERCS’ Kolcheff has explained why Modern Warfare 2019 might not be as good as you think.
Modern Warfare 2019 was the beginning of the Call of Duty franchise as we know it today — for better or worse, depending on who you ask. It brought doors to multiplayer, the Battle Pass, Gunsmith, Warzone, and the live-service seasonal content.
Modern Warfare 2 arrives October 28, bringing new weapons, Warzone 2, and an overhauled Gunsmith. But, top streamer NICKMERCS looked back on Modern Warfare 2019 and explained why he doesn’t believe it’s as good as you think.
“I mean this when I say this, they have not put out a good Call of Duty in years. It has been f***ing years,” claimed NICKMERCS, believing that Warzone has saved CoD. “It really did since Black Ops 3. Black Ops 3 was the last incredible Call of Duty.”
“Modern Warfare was not good. That MW game was f***ing cap… it was okay,” he continued, giving his theory on why players look back on Modern Warfare 2019 so fondly.
“You know what it was? It’s like when you eat a bad meal four or five times and then you have a good meal, so you think it’s great. It was the fact that it’s surrounded by terrible Call of Dutys.”
“You have like two or three back-to-back-to-back really bad Call of Dutys then MW,” elaborated Nick. “MW was like a decent Call of Duty, it wasn’t trash, right? Then after that, you had another two or three bad Call of Dutys.”
With Modern Warfare being the only Call of Duty game that wasn’t “trash” in recent years, Nick believes that it’s considered to be a lot better than it actually is.
He’s hopeful for Modern Warfare 2 though, saying that if the rumors of it bringing weapons and maps from the original MW2 are true, then they “can’t f**k it up.”
Image Credit: NICKMERCS
Modern Warfare players furious as new update makes graphics even worse
Issues with Modern Warfare’s graphics are leaving players furious as they look to enjoy the game ahead of MW2.
With Modern Warfare 2 on the horizon, players have gone back to experience everything Modern Warfare has to offer, but graphics issues are resulting in a frustrating ordeal.
Both Cold War and Vanguard arrived after 2019’s Modern Warfare, yet players continue to enjoy the Infinity Ward-developed Call of Duty title. The game is beloved by fans of the franchise and many are flocking back to Modern Warfare ahead of Modern Warfare 2‘s October 28 release date.
Unfortunately, the quality of the game has taken a major dip with recent updates practically breaking Modern Warfare’s graphics. Not only are players furious with the storage demands of these recent updates, but they’re not pleased with the visual issues that have appeared.
In case you missed it, Modern Warfare 2 will be the Infinity Ward-developed direct sequel to 2019’s Modern Warfare. In an attempt to get a taste of what’s ahead, players have returned to Modern Warfare as the style of play and feel will be similar to Modern Warfare 2.
Previously, issues have been plaguing PlayStation 5 players as the game was rendered unplayable. Fans of the game called out the lack of dev support for the title. Although it’s only natural that the devs focus on delivering a polished Modern Warfare 2 experience, players are disappointed with the current state of Modern Warfare.
Players were shocked by the continued updates for the game that came with a massive download size. In addition, it seems the graphic issues that have appeared as a result of the updates are having a negative impact on players’ perception of MW2: “This just made me not want to purchase mw2.”
Some players questioned if the game was beyond repair at this point with comments like, “this looks like things just got deleted to me, unplayable,” and “another update that further destabilizes the matrix.”
While it is understandable that the devs prioritize the new title, one player suggests that these issues could lead to the poor perception of MW2: “I gotta say, this event is giving a more negative feedback response from the community.”
It’s unfortunate that CoD fans are unable to enjoy the game to build hype for MW2. With the devs focused on the new title, most players agreed that the state of Modern Warfare would not improve, but we’ll keep you posted if it does.
For more, check out the one rumored feature that CoD players would be thrilled to discover in Modern Warfare 2.
Image Credit: Activision
Modern Warfare players slam state of “unplayable” game on PS5
Modern Warfare players have hit out at the condition of the game on PS5, after visual issues have left the game “unplayable.”
Modern Warfare players have hit out at the current condition of the game on PS5, after visual issues and glitches have left the 2019 CoD title “unplayable.”
Despite being nearly three years old, 2019’s Modern Warfare has still retained a healthy player count. With Vanguard failing to make a big impact with the community, those looking for an alternative to Warzone have flocked back to Infinity Ward’s last release.
However, since Modern Warfare is no longer the main focus of the devs, who are gearing up for Modern Warfare 2 later in 2022, fans have been growing frustrated with the condition the game is in.
A number of bugs and glitches have cropped up, and the game appears to be completely broken on PlayStation 5.
Reddit user BchLasagna uploaded a clip on August 7 simply titled: “The state of Modern Warfare on PS5.” It showed the beginning of a Ground War match on Krovnik Farmland, but the map was unrecognizable due to severe visual issues.
Textures on many of the map’s key features had failed to load in, leaving the game looking like a mess. The ground had no grass or detail on it, while trees were replaced with floating blobs of green and brown.
The Redditor added that it “stayed like this the entire game,” ruining the match for everyone in the lobby.
Other players on PS5 have reported similar issues, while some claimed it was actually affecting gameplay. “It’s not even just a visual issue, you sink into the ground and can’t see anything. Makes it unplayable basically,” said Ram5673.
Meanwhile, many replies called out the devs for allowing Modern Warfare to reach this state, especially since the game worked fine when it was the current CoD release. “This game has been crapped all over by the devs. It comes very low on their priorities,” replied Zimifrein.
It’s no surprise that with Modern Warfare 2 set to drop very soon, Infinity Ward’s focus is mostly on the sequel. However, the players that still enjoy Modern Warfare regularly will be hoping to see the problems on PS5 solved sooner rather than later.
For more on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, check out how to fix error 5476 and which packs you need to download for its multiplayer.
Image credits: Activision
Fortnite leaks claim new Doom Slayer skin could arrive soon
According to a new Fortnite leak, Epic Games might be planning to bring Doom Slayer as a brand-new cosmetic skin.
How to unlock RA 225 SMG in Warzone & Vanguard Season 5
Warzone and Vanguard's new Season 5 SMG is set to deliver incredible mobility and a fast fire rate, so here's...
Warzone Heroes vs Villains event: Gameplay, Faction Tokens & free rewards
Warzone Pacific Season 5 brings the Heroes vs Villains event, so here's everything you need to know including the gameplay...